Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What has worked for your Sphynx diarrhea

kahluasmom

Lairian
My sphynx is almost a year old. Caught her about a week 1/2 ago licking milk from my kids cereal bowls, and she had also licked maple syrup off my sons breakfast plate. Shortly after about a day later, she developed severe diarrhea. Its still going strong after taking her to the vet. They gave her prescribed medicine, science diet id prescription dry and now we are on fortiflora as well. I am extremely upset that she is sick and nothing is helping. I read about pumpkin and of course cant find basic organic pumpkin anywhere, so I did find a supplement an upscale pet store said to use. Its called super snout GI Balance for dogs and cats. It has pumpkin and pre biotics. What has everyone else used for their sphynx that has helped? Today is her first day on the GI Balance, but I would like to know what everyone else has done that has actually worked. All the threads seem to end with people trying things but not letting us know what actually worked. Her normal food is natural balance dry food. Currently she is on the prescribed Science Hill ID Digestion which is not helping at all. No vomiting just diarrhea. Pretty sure its from her licking the leftovers from my kids plates and bowls.:(

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I know you said you've looked for pumpkin but it really is the best. Even if you can't find it canned you might be able to find an actual pumpkin to scoop out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have heard of some people adding psyllium husk to their pets food for temporary diarrhea. I would read up on it though, as a little goes a long way!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My sphynx is almost a year old. Caught her about a week 1/2 ago licking milk from my kids cereal bowls, and she had also licked maple syrup off my sons breakfast plate. Shortly after about a day later, she developed severe diarrhea. Its still going strong after taking her to the vet. They gave her prescribed medicine, science diet id prescription dry and now we are on fortiflora as well. I am extremely upset that she is sick and nothing is helping. I read about pumpkin and of course cant find basic organic pumpkin anywhere, so I did find a supplement an upscale pet store said to use. Its called super snout GI Balance for dogs and cats. It has pumpkin and pre biotics. What has everyone else used for their sphynx that has helped? Today is her first day on the GI Balance, but I would like to know what everyone else has done that has actually worked. All the threads seem to end with people trying things but not letting us know what actually worked. Her normal food is natural balance dry food. Currently she is on the prescribed Science Hill ID Digestion which is not helping at all. No vomiting just diarrhea. Pretty sure its from her licking the leftovers from my kids plates and bowls.:(
Welcome! You have way too much going on with meds, cat food and people food. A lick of syrup or a sip of milk is not going to cause severe diarrhea for days. Meds can cause runny poo as well as changing food. So she had no poo issues for a year and no new pets in home or she has not been outside? just the kids food? And how long after consuming the kids food did she have the poo issue.

kahluasmom

Lairian
Welcome! You have way too much going on with meds, cat food and people food. A lick of syrup or a sip of milk is not going to cause severe diarrhea for days. Meds can cause runny poo as well as changing food. So she had no poo issues for a year and no new pets in home or she has not been outside? just the kids food? And how long after consuming the kids food did she have the poo issue.
poo issue came about 1-2 days after licking the kids milk and syrup, lol. No other changes, been on a dry food diet since birth. Just developed that diarrhea after catching her licking those plates clean. Shes finally done with that medicine as of today , I bought some pumpkin supplement for now to see if that seems to stiffen the poo. If not then I'm going to find a health food store I guess to go on a manhunt for the canned pumpkin organic puree. lol. Just hope something works on her soon....She drinks alot of water at least.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Less food. If I vary from Astrid's strick diet amount, she gets running poop. So try that maybe? I doubt the human food did anything. Astrid ate an entire cheese bun because she felt like eating my lunch and had no issues at all

Simone

Lairian
I've just seen this thread as I am also worried about my kitten who I've had for just over a week and her poo is becoming softer each day and today been quite runny. I've kept her on the same food as the breeder had her on and she hasn't been outside yet. Should I be worried? X