Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What in the world???

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so i live in PA and it is snowing!!!! really really bad we have about 3 inches of snow already, the girls are looking out the window and Haylee the oldest turned around and said "Mommy? I thought it was Halloween.....but it's actually Christmas!" :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yup this really suc*ks we are in Jersey and it is snowing here :Hysterical:
and it is so darn cold I just came home from work and snuggled into my sweats.
Our son is happy he can't wait for the slopes to open so he can snowboard!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
this weather is screwing up my weekend , we where supposed to take the kids to some crazy haunted thing friday night in lancaster pa but looks like that is not going to happen:ThumbsDown:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
After a week of really cold weather in the 20's, it's actually sunny here in Colorado Springs today at a balmy 68*F...don't even need a jacket today! Hope the warm weather lasts for a little longer before our winter hits!

Brooke

Banned
Trust me, I'm not bragging. It's still in the mid 90's here. I will happily trade with any willing participant. This heat just shouldn't be legal. We are supposed to get a "cold front" this weekend and the temp should drop down into the 80's. I better dust off my winter coat. :Angry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Trust me, I'm not bragging. It's still in the mid 90's here. I will happily trade with any willing participant. This heat just shouldn't be legal. We are supposed to get a "cold front" this weekend and the temp should drop down into the 80's. I better dust off my winter coat. :Angry:

That's okay....I'll stick with my 68*F. :Laugh: I used to live in Phoenix, AZ a few years ago, so I know all about sweltering heat in the wintertime. :Sweat: I don't miss it, that's for sure!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
90's wow thats my kind of weather! I know we all want what we don't have so just be thankful you don't have to drive in the snow:Angry: it's the worst thing ever and people just do really stupid things when it is snowing, it's like the stupid switch gets turned on.
You go to the store before A snow storm and there is no milk or bread because for some reason people buy like 10 of each like they will never get out of the house again:Dizzy:

Brooke

Banned
90's wow thats my kind of weather! I know we all want what we don't have so just be thankful you don't have to drive in the snow:Angry: it's the worst thing ever and people just do really stupid things when it is snowing, it's like the stupid switch gets turned on.
You go to the store before A snow storm and there is no milk or bread because for some reason people buy like 10 of each like they will never get out of the house again:Dizzy:

:LOL: Try driving with all these old people every day!! ...and the milk & bread thing happens here, too, but only when there's a hurricane in the Gulf. You also can't find batteries, bottled water, plywood, beer or gasoline anywhere.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Lol that happens here too, and it's only Missouri. Sure we will get bad winter storms every once in a while, but we can all survive a day without bread. As for the stupid drivers, there's plenty of them here in Missouri. No one knows how to use a four-way stop, so you can just imagine how they treat winter driving. I'm scared of winter driving. I rely on my boyfriend for the winter transportation!

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
lol the world wide....no bread or milk dilemma hahaha yeah i don't understand why everyone has to buy 10 of everything but so funny! :LOL:

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
For all you Jerseyans or P.A.ers, I heard the Bates Motel is a really good one, worth checking out!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
For all you Jerseyans or P.A.ers, I heard the Bates Motel is a really good one, worth checking out!

Do you know where that is? Me and my girlfriend have been searching for A real scary one, the kids are getting older and the typical hayride just doesn't cut it any more! Oh and we love it to so we figure we better go now because soon the kids will not want to be seen in public with us:Surprise: and I think we would look pretty stupid going with out any kids!:Laugh:
Jasons wood looks good and they have like 9 things to do, it's like a 2 hour drive for us so I sure hope it is worth it.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cool and wet her in La. Hoping it heats back up...Hey Brooke I will trade. you can have the water, forest and humidity. I would move, but my husband seems planted...think his roots run deep here.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My dad lives in a small retiree town in Washington state. He says when driving it's not the little old ladies he worries about, it's their mothers! LOL:BigSmile:

lexin77

Lairian
Well as usual the weather is great here in San Diego.
Hanging out in flip flops and shorts.
I could never move away!!!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:BigSmile:Well here is Texas it is currently 66 degrees, but yesterday is was 90. No wonder everyone here is sick all the time. After living here 30 years, I have learned there is no rhyme or reason to our weather. It is always a surprise. I wouldn't mind seeing some snow - it shuts the whole city down if we get 2 inches, schools close, businesses close, everything shuts down because we don't know how to drive in it. I love snow days!

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
I'm in PA too...NEPA or "the valley" to be precise. We were in the pocket between the snowy areas that just got miserable rain. Some of our day shift crew pulled up with snow on their roofs and they are as little as 10 minutes away. Now, the great thing about NEPA is that it could be 60 and sunny tomorrow, lol. You just never know around here!

I love horror movies but I'd be scared crazy to do any of the haunted houses!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so i live in PA and it is snowing!!!! really really bad we have about 3 inches of snow already, the girls are looking out the window and Haylee the oldest turned around and said "Mommy? I thought it was Halloween.....but it's actually Christmas!" :LOL:

That is so cute.:BigSmile: I just had a customer who was suppose to go to a school game in PA this weekend and she said she couldn't go because of the rain. They keep threatening us with snow in VA but so far all we have is frigid winds and rain. It's rained so much and I have work in it so I feel like I have mold growing in places I didn't know I had to be honest:Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
Remember how I was complaining about the Florida heat a couple of days ago? Well, last night we had a record low of 48 degrees. The last time it was this cold was 1927. I'm hoping for snow this year! :ThumbsUp::LOL:

Back