Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What is a good day at home with your cat(s)?

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I can start with today. Have a few favourite exemples though.

Full season of Stargate Universe (sci-fi geek as I am)
Bag of chips and a bowl of dipp.
Locked door and noone coming over.
In sofa with everything within reach under fluffy cover.
Sphynx on shoulder and Somali in lap. Purrs all around.
Press play and don't move for 4-6 hours.
Check SL and some other community pages now and then on laptop that is within reach so cat's don't have to be disturbed while typing.

Good day indeed.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love it! My good day would be about the same except a few changes:
- lots of chocolate instead of chips
- The Real housewives reality show instead of sci-fi ( these girls are so off the map, my life seems so normal after watching them):LOL:

Gizzymom

Banned
I can start with today. Have a few favourite exemples though.

Full season of Stargate Universe (sci-fi geek as I am)
Bag of chips and a bowl of dipp.
Locked door and noone coming over.
In sofa with everything within reach under fluffy cover.
Sphynx on shoulder and Somali in lap. Purrs all around.
Press play and don't move for 4-6 hours.
Check SL and some other community pages now and then on laptop that is within reach so cat's don't have to be disturbed while typing.

Good day indeed.

Sounds like my Thanksgiving... except substitute Chinese food and red velvet cake... and the First 48 marathon! (for the amateur crime sleuth in me). Or old episodes of Glee ( I am a self professed geek... or gleek... as well!)
And only 1 cat with purrs...
And yes... it's funny - if Gizmo is napping on me and the phone rings... if I can't reach it, I will just call back later - I won't disturb the baby!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well definitely the fluffy blanket. Snacks for the BOTH of us. And the movie, "DUMA" about an orphaned Cheetah raised by a boy. Oh and maybe chap stick from all the kissing going on. (with my Sphynx).:Smile:

Sleeping late and waking up with Alice on my chest sleeping. Then going back to sleep for a few hours, then both of us getting up and having breakfast, then cuddling on the couch with Alice on my lap and Dita on the arm of the couch and reading for a few hours. No phones, no one at the door. Just me and my nekkids.

TotenEngel

Banned
I'd say every day at home with my boys is a good day :)
My husband works from home and I work part time (and mostly from home) so in the morning, he gets up feeds the boys and generally they all come back to bed with me, I usually wake up with at least 2 out of 4 on the bed with me!
We're currently working our way through Lost (start season 5 tonight!) though we are all partial to a good horror movie, especially if it's one I've worked on!!! heh

Gizzymom

Banned
My husband works from home and I work part time (and mostly from home) so in the morning, he gets up feeds the boys and generally they all come back to bed with me, I usually wake up with at least 2 out of 4 on the bed with me!
We're currently working our way through Lost (start season 5 tonight!) though we are all partial to a good horror movie, especially if it's one I've worked on!!! heh

Oooooooo... I love horror movies!!! You worked on any I would know??? :ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Working in horror movies- sounds like fun:BigSmile:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oooooooo... I love horror movies!!! You worked on any I would know??? :ThumbsUp:

Me too.
Especially fond of horror b-productions made with a lot of heart. Zombie-flicks from the 70-80's and Bad Taste, Braindead etc to name a few. Texas Chainsaw massacre from the 70's is a great film as well.

In the end I just love movies in general but I am especially fond of such films.
28 days later was a good one to name a Brittish production from "later" years by the way.
Back to third part of SG-U now. Cats fed and back purring again. Life is good.

tessblack

Banned
Not sure what my perfect home day would be. Saturdays are pretty good. Play hockey in the am and then come home and wash all my stuff while cats sit in the stinky bag and stare until it is all in the washer. Then go watch some of the Chelsea Lately programs I have on the DVD-R as well as some stupid romantic comedy. Bridgette Jones or something with Meg Ryan. Usually kitties are in random places under the blanket which always makes it hard to move!

TotenEngel

Banned

Probably not yet! Most of what I have done is short films that end up on you tube though I have worked on 2 feature films recently that are still in production that may or may not make it to the big screen!! So maybe one day, something you will hear of! :D
I do special effects with a penchant for anything zombie based! In fact we are off this weekend for an all day zombie film event with everyone getting dressed up, covered in blood 12 hours of films then off to a night club to scare people lol

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Probably not yet! Most of what I have done is short films that end up on you tube though I have worked on 2 feature films recently that are still in production that may or may not make it to the big screen!! So maybe one day, something you will hear of! :D
I do special effects with a penchant for anything zombie based! In fact we are off this weekend for an all day zombie film event with everyone getting dressed up, covered in blood 12 hours of films then off to a night club to scare people lol

Oh,
Do me, do me!!!
(into a zombie that is... ) :Laugh:

Gizzymom

Banned

I am an avid reader and just started reading the zombie genre... Fell in love with one of your own... David Moody. Took me a bit to get used to the British slang, but love his books!!:Laugh:

TotenEngel

Banned
Ooooh, don't know him actually! Will now look him up hehe
i actually did a trailer for the zombie survival handbook UK and still haven't finished reading that lol

ckutkuhn7

Banned
My typical purrfect day usually goes as follows which is usually saturday:

Wake up at 6am, feed kitties, go back to bed, kitties come cuddle under covers until we wake 3 or 4 hours later, start the dvd player with The Sheild,,whatever season we are on,, get comfy on the couch together (Jim and I), he sits in his spot, I lay with my head in his lap, SoBe cuddles up above my head on his chest, Snuffie snuggles with me under the fuzzy leopard blanket, we watch our movie all day with no interuptions, by this time its dinner time and I or both of us get up and cook or we order out, whichever we are feeling that day and then back on the couch to catch up on whatever we have in the DVR,, then we shower and go to his cousins house and play cards until we are tired and then we come home to our naked babies!
Someday it is my hope to take them with me but his cousin lets his kitties out from time to time and I'm just scared my kitties will pick up something yucky they don't need so for now they stay home.

Great thread by the way!

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

So cool!!! Have you watched The Walking Dead on AMC yet? It's pretty good!! Oh man your gonna love my next tattoo too!! Getting it in the spring, I will post pics!!

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

KEWWWWWWWLLLL!!!!! Zombies!!! :ThumbsUp:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
A perfect day would be first of all no phones and no alarms!! With that being said, sleeping in with all my brood, Rupert, Orion, Dex, Bijou & Diva, and my husband would be a great way to start my perfect day. Then we'd have brunch and finish up with a nice cup of coffee or tea and watch the latest season of "Dexter". Since we are all caught up on that, we would pick a movie from our collection (a few of my faves: The Black Stallion, The Last Samurai, Shawn of the Dead, Tombstone, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Natural Born Killers) and watch it all curled up on our King size bed. Bijou & Diva would be down by our feet, Dex would be in between us, Rupert would be curled up beside my tummy and Orion curled up with my husband. There would be lots of cuddles, purring and tummy rubs for Bijou & Diva. Later after the movie is over, I would be reading a great forensics or travel book with a cup of tea and my brood still with me. After that I would head into the computer room and check out SL with Rupert watching over my shoulder. That would be the perfect day. Oh, and cashing in my 50 million lotto ticket!!!!!! :ThumbsUp:

Back