Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What is the difference between males and females?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Well I’ve only had one of each and Toly is still a kitten. But what I hear is boys are more chill and lazy and girls are...well...girls. But you know I love them just as much.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well I’ve only had one of each and Toly is still a kitten. But what I hear is boys are more chill and lazy and girls are...well...girls. But you know I love them just as much.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
So now you have had one of each how would you compare the both of them because one was a girl and the other is a..well a boy. Cuddly, more cuddly, playful, more playful, follows you, doesn't follow you.....

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I think all are so different,but on the whole, all of our boys including hairy ones have been more openly loving. The girls we have had are loving, but seek out on their own terms. I love them all and the quirkiness that comes with each one.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Cleo is extremely bossy and talkative, while Marcus is quieter and much more sneaky. Both are loving, and love having lap time. The one generalization I will make from all the cats we’ve had over the years, is that the boys are usually more loving and laid back.

bennybad

Lairian
agree, we have both. our boy is a 24/7 love cuddle bug. our girl is the same but only when she wants. example pick her up for a quick snuggle and she will fight to be put down, but the moment you put her down she will jump into your arms for a love fest. Women are just weird.

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
I love this thread. I only have experience with one girl. 1.5 years old neutered. She was CRAZY kitten when we rescued her at 9 months and has calmed considerably. Very cuddly, but like others have said, usually she initiates this. Sleeps with us at night like a bed bug. Very playful in the late afternoon and evening. Pretty chill and cuddly throughout the day, preferring to sleep on a lap or inside a hoodie than on her own. Like a firecracker for several hours once dusk falls. So very curious to see how her personality continues to develop over time.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pussiette , I find my girl more prissy priss.. and the boys more chill . all cuddly loving but she is the boss over them. she is just as affectionate as the boys , very much so, always sleep and purrs on my chest . she is more a vocal whiner.. a hoot of personality. over the years I have found in my experience with bengals and sphynx the boys more chill and bonded quickly.

Back