Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

stephanysphynx

Lairian
Hi. I’m new, so I’m not 100% sure I’m doing this right. But my Sphynx gets regular baths, so I know this isn’t dirt on her. Any idea what these spots are??? She is about 7 months old.

Attachments

• 1620A009-7BB9-4EAB-BDB8-86140C9006E4.jpeg
    1620A009-7BB9-4EAB-BDB8-86140C9006E4.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 78

Yoda mom

Staff member
@stephanysphynx welcoming you amd your girl to the lair Family
What's her name ? Hope you can share more photos :) I bet she is a sweetie
Have you changed food ? Litter? Does she sunbathe a lot in the window ?
For peace of mind with any skin things getting a vet visit amd skin scrapimg may help .
We all chime in to help each other bcz it seems like we all have experiences to share with poo or skin issues you can share oth your vet .

Hoe long has she had the spots? Do you have any other pets with spots?

Here is a helpful link

Sphynx Skin Conditions

Will be following closely for updates

stephanysphynx

Lairian
Her name is Luci. She has been eating the same food. I change her litter almost daily. She does sit in my window a lot or in sun spots on the floor. I noticed the spots a little over a week ago. She is my only pet! I should add that before she got the spots she was throwing up. It looked like food. Could it be related to her food?

Yoda mom

Staff member
We have seen several sphnyx with food allergies as well as sunbathing pigmentation .
Even allergies to fabric softeners , plug in air fresheners etc .
Sphynx with Skin Conditions - What are you feeding?

We can't diagnosis but all Come together with suggestions to discuss with your vet

Always best for a vet visit for early intervention amd diagnosis .

Will be following closely for updates

Head mooches to Luci!
Adorable name! Hope you can share pics

Ps what type litter ? Some, are allergic to corn based litters like worlds best or perfumed litters

Many of us use dr elseys unscented clumping on the blue and and white bag . A close duplicate I get -5 pet supermarket is fresh for life pet odor destoyer unscented clumping in the black and gold bag - not the tub - it's not the same .

Last edited:
Back