Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What next?

MikkiJean

Lairian
Yesterday Louis and Lexi tolerated each other for an hour! For the first little bit my BF continued to keep a hand on Louis but after no aggressiveness from either kitty we decided to let him go but watch very closely.
I had brought out a little cube for Louis that belongs to Lexi because she wasn't using it. Well of course Miss Sassy Pants decided she wanted to lay in her cube:LOL: and Louis is thinking "hey, that's mine!" Louis approaches and Lexi hisses and they go at each other but we separated them.

So here is my question. Should I just let them go at it next time? I don't want either to get hurt and I certainly don't need any vet bills. I guess I'm just nervous about my babies because of the first time. I don't even know if they would be that aggressive toward each other now.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I expect they'll continue to fuss at each other until they figure out who is dominant. What that really means is that they need to settle who gets the prime spots and who has to move if the other one wants that spot. And that spot can change from moment to moment t00. But it does sound like you're making progress. I say continue doing what you're been doing, and let them carry on but break it up if it gets too rough.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They will get used to each other.
My sphynx sleep together and they will fight sometimes also.
Polar has hurt the 2 girls.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It sounds like Louis and Lexi progressing just fine, and that you and your BF are doing all the right things to help them transition. Just like kids, sometimes you have to let them work things out on their own. Their relationship is theirs. They will figure it out with time.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
You are doing great! We have had Deejay for a while now and him and Leo still go at it every now and again. These things take time. I don't think they will really hurt each other.

Bella07

Banned
I haven't read the other responses yet, but if I were you, I would keep introducing them at small incriments at a time. Just like you did, when they started to hiss, you seperated. (I would say that is the perfect way to act!) And then tomorrow, put them in the same room again, and see how it goes. It'll work out :ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
You've gotten great advice as usual. I think your doing just fine. Just keep an eye on them, they will determine who wears the pants.

Back