Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

What product do you bathe your sphynx with?

What product do you use to bathe your sphynx?

• D'Grease Shampoo

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • HyLyt Shampoo

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Johnson's Baby Wash

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Other - please tell.

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Please tell us, what product do you use to give your sphynx a bath.

Sphynx Asylum Dad

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The Asylum just uses Hartz brand cat & kitten shampoo- no issues, nice smell and they don't seem to mind it at all.

Ten96

Lairian
We use Johnson's Lavender Bedtime Bath here. It's just a light scent so he isn't all girly-perfumey. It cleans really well and I like that I can wash all over his face and not worry about his eyes too much.

I use a Sulfate and Paraben free shampoo that you can buy at Walmart called Organix. It works really well for her, It lathers nicely on her skin and she smells and feels wonderful afterwards. I rinse with Liquified Coconut oil in her rinse water as well. She has never had a problem with it thus far.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good old Johnsons baby wash! Never had a problem using it on him. @Ten96 will have to try the lavender on him sounds gorgeous! :LOL:

My baby became sensitive to the groomer' s dove sensitive skin bar. Tried tons of baby safe soaps, & in desperation I found an old bottle of Ivory in the back of the cabinet. Yep, my girl gets washed like generations of delicates.

We use Johnson's Lavender Bedtime Bath here. It's just a light scent so he isn't all girly-perfumey. It cleans really well and I like that I can wash all over his face and not worry about his eyes too much.
Hi, we also used to use that, but after recently watching a documentary I discovered that the U.S. version of Johnson and Johnson has a formaldehyde releasing agent in it. I think the company has recently started to provide the U. S. with the formaldehyde free version, but I don't want to use their products anymore. We switched to an organic shampoo. Just wanted to share. Here is an article if you're curious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/b...uestionable-chemicals-from-products.html?_r=0

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We use Foster's and Smith's Oatmeal Shampoo, and the Queen and her Consort come out smelling like almonds. I read somewhere that the tearless shampoos have an ingredient that almost anethesizes the eye, so the child or pet doesn't feel the irritation, but the irritation is there nevertheless.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Using soap free , hypoallergenic Hylyt and Avenalyt mixed together :)

All 4 nakeds have great skin and super soft smell good

Attachments

Last edited:
We use Earthbath-- our first breeder recommended it to us. :)

I also want to second what @annaleemv mentioned-- I recently learned that Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo has cancer causing agents in it. :(

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We are using the soap from the sphynx lair store. It is wonderful and has helped keep them clean and bump free

We continued using what our breeder uses and recommended to us - Live Clean Baby Shampoo & Wash.

Planning on getting 'my girl' to make a shampoo if we need to..but she hand makes her own everything. I get my skincare from her I may as well get it for our kitty as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator: