Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What product do you use to bathe your sphynx?

• D'Grease Shampoo

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • HyLyt Shampoo

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Johnson's Baby Wash

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • Other - please tell.

Votes: 33 35.1%

• Total voters

optimism

Lairian
Other. We use this:
BB10002.jpeg

Sphnxophelia

Lairian
I use a Sulfate and Paraben free shampoo that you can buy at Walmart called Organix. It works really well for her, It lathers nicely on her skin and she smells and feels wonderful afterwards. I rinse with Liquified Coconut oil in her rinse water as well. She has never had a problem with it thus far.

annaleemv

Lairian
We use Johnson's Lavender Bedtime Bath here. It's just a light scent so he isn't all girly-perfumey. It cleans really well and I like that I can wash all over his face and not worry about his eyes too much.

Hi, we also used to use that, but after recently watching a documentary I discovered that the U.S. version of Johnson and Johnson has a formaldehyde releasing agent in it. I think the company has recently started to provide the U. S. with the formaldehyde free version, but I don't want to use their products anymore. We switched to an organic shampoo. Just wanted to share. Here is an article if you're curious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/b...uestionable-chemicals-from-products.html?_r=0

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We use Foster's and Smith's Oatmeal Shampoo, and the Queen and her Consort come out smelling like almonds. I read somewhere that the tearless shampoos have an ingredient that almost anethesizes the eye, so the child or pet doesn't feel the irritation, but the irritation is there nevertheless.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Using soap free , hypoallergenic Hylyt and Avenalyt mixed together :)

All 4 nakeds have great skin and super soft smell good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Molly Pearl

Lairian
We use Earthbath-- our first breeder recommended it to us. :)

I also want to second what @annaleemv mentioned-- I recently learned that Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo has cancer causing agents in it. :(

Sparkles83221

Lairian
Planning on getting 'my girl' to make a shampoo if we need to..but she hand makes her own everything. I get my skincare from her I may as well get it for our kitty as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MissCaseyMay , do you have a picture of the Zymox shampoo ( love their ear products I have for the dogs - haven't tried the shampoo yet ) as well as a pic of the oatmeal lotion from your vet ?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MissCaseyMay , thank you for sharing the shampoo pics!
I have had great results with Zymox ear products and vetoquinol products in the past .
I will add the shampoo and vetoquinol conditioner to my list :)

Thank you for sharing - it's nice for members to share products that work for our Sphynx kids :)

acook3593

Lairian
I do!! Sometimes it’s like he’s just a magnet and others he does great! Who knows

Okay, glad it’s not just me experiencing it! I even rinse her multiple times thinking maybe im just leaving residue on her but still nothing. Comforting to know I’m not a bad cat mom and everyone’s Sphynxies get dirty fast lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back