Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What should i do.....

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well the past week all of my other cats have been ganging up on Tuttles i mean they are really beating up the poor guy and won't let him eat or anything all my cats are fixed except for Sanura so i don't think that is the issue i just don't know what happened i am afraid i might have to rehome him just for his safety...any suggestions?

mercurysmile

Lairian
maybe separate them for a while? feed each cat separately, so they don't feel the need to compete for food?

I've never had a 2 cat house before, so I'm new at this too. Maybe a little break is needed, and then slowly re introduce them to each other...

Hope it works out!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I dont have any experiance with this either but wanted to say, I am sorry and I hope that you are able to resolve this without having to rehome! Big hugs!!

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would say separate for now! Make sure they can smell each other & only allow supervised visits. My Mr. Blackwell will get down right nasty with the others over wet food & treats and they are the best of companions at all other times. I always give him his treats & wet food separate from the others.

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sorry :ThumbsDown: I hope everything works out, have you tried spraying the other kitties with a water bottle when they gang up on him?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:Question:seems strange that this just started. Has anything changed in your home? Or do you give Tuttles more attention then the others?

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Tuttles has always been the most lovable out of all of them but nothing has changed that i can think of, and they beat him up throughout the day it isn't even feeding time i don't know what's gotten into everyone but tuttles is so timid and shy he just takes it the poor thing. :Cry:

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well the past week all of my other cats have been ganging up on Tuttles i mean they are really beating up the poor guy and won't let him eat or anything all my cats are fixed except for Sanura so i don't think that is the issue i just don't know what happened i am afraid i might have to rehome him just for his safety...any suggestions?

If you need to rehome him. Shawn, George, and I would provide him a loving home.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maybe the fact he is shy and timid is why they are ganging up? Maybe they see him as the runt or the weekling and are putting him in his place to create a pecking order. I don't know whats sparked it though? Maybe they picked up on something and realised they could boss him? Has he been poorly or anything lately?

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
no he is healthy as an ox and eating well and all so i'm not real sure. I have the cats penned up in seperate rooms and i take turns letting them out but i can't do that forever. i was suppose to get another sphynx kitten and now i worried they might do the same thing to him...i will wait a bit and then leave them out together again to see how they act...i wish they would snap out of it the crazy cats.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If it's just been the past week or so, has anything happened over Christmas/ New Year that could have stressed them? They could be trying to re-establish the pecking order in the house.

Mine usually get on really well, but occasionally the girls will have some moments of hissing/ crouching etc when they think one overstepped their place in the house. It usually calms down pretty quickly once everything is re-established.

Hope they settle down soon. Might be worth getting some Feliway to help calm them down for now.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Ok, so I'm a new gal. lol I googled Feliway, says to spray where ever you dont want your cats peeing. How does this help with beating up the lil guy?

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok, so I'm a new gal. lol I googled Feliway, says to spray where ever you dont want your cats peeing. How does this help with beating up the lil guy?

It simulates 'happy' hormones/ pheromones, so is meant to help reduce stress in you cats. It can be used as a plug-in around the house to reduce stress in the home or it can be used for long, scary road trips etc.:ThumbsUp:

Back