Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What snacks or treats do you give your Sphynx?

What do you give your Sphynx for snacks?

• Greenies

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Lysine Treats

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Temptations

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • Share your snacks

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Other (leave comment)

Votes: 52 36.1%

• Total voters

apete89

Lairian
Lemon eats anything and I mean anything! If I'm having something that's ok for kitty she usually gets a bite for being so cute. How can you resist those eyes?

My boyfriend will and I are vegan (have been for about 3 years). Lemon is not, I know that cats are carnivores (I only feed her high quality kitty food that I've done research on). When we take her to my parents house and they have steak or chicken she gets some, and it makes her purr purr purr.

tessblack

Banned
I used to give them temptations, pounce and all the other kinds and they seem to like them all. Then my vet told me to stay away from anything with by product so I started giving them greenies but ended up being pretty expensive.

I feed them Blue Buffalo wilderness and saw the new Salmon flavor in Petco so picked some up. Gave them a few and they went nuts. So now I just put them in gatorade bottles and shake it and they love them. For 20 bucks I have treats for 5 months and feeling like they are good for them too. Going to get some more lysine treats for them as well.

They used to pretty much attack us at dinner time but they are much better now, still need to put them in another room when we are cooking they just get too curious and I get worried they are going to get on the stove or into something hot. I am like a paranoid mother with them.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I used to give them temptations, pounce and all the other kinds and they seem to like them all. Then my vet told me to stay away from anything with by product so I started giving them greenies but ended up being pretty expensive.

I feed them Blue Buffalo wilderness and saw the new Salmon flavor in Petco so picked some up. Gave them a few and they went nuts. So now I just put them in gatorade bottles and shake it and they love them. For 20 bucks I have treats for 5 months and feeling like they are good for them too. Going to get some more lysine treats for them as well.

They used to pretty much attack us at dinner time but they are much better now, still need to put them in another room when we are cooking they just get too curious and I get worried they are going to get on the stove or into something hot. I am like a paranoid mother with them.

What a great idea. I have switched my cats over to a grain/gluten free dry food but have had trouble finding grain free treats in my local pet stores. I haven't been able to find Lysine treats yet so I may have to order them online.

tessblack

Banned
Yeah I was surprised how much they liked them. And cost wise it was good as well. Hopefully they won't get tired of it. Yeah I have not found the treats anywhere but on line.

Caspar

Lairian
When I have sushi or sashimi, I'll give Zach a bit of the salmon.

He also loves it, LOVES it when I brush his teeth. He's an older guy- 7 years old, and had a dental cleaning just after I got him 6 months ago. Ever since then, I've been brushing his teeth with the seafood flavoured, cat-formulated toothpaste I get at my clinic and he goes WILD for it. Grabs the toothbrush, tries to chew on it, it's really funny to watch.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

He also loves it, LOVES it when I brush his teeth. He's an older guy- 7 years old, and had a dental cleaning just after I got him 6 months ago. Ever since then, I've been brushing his teeth with the seafood flavoured, cat-formulated toothpaste I get at my clinic and he goes WILD for it. Grabs the toothbrush, tries to chew on it, it's really funny to watch.

Now if all kitties (and kids for that matter) were such enthusiastic brushers!

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They really like they Wysong daily dream treats in chicken, and Gulliver get's his pills in Greenies pill pockets and loves them :ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am mean...
They never ever ate anything not in a food bowl and never will. Even if they get treats they get them there.

Hate when animals beg for food or watch every move you do while eating hoping for a bite so they know only one place is for eating and that's their bowls. :Wink:

Always food there though and treats if they have been good, dried little fish are their favourites atm.

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lilo has Liv-a-Littles by Halo (crunchy treats) and Breathies by Catswell that are are basically dried chicken, flax, vitamins, and some mint & parsley for her stinky kitteh breath!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I share all my dinners with Boone Boone, if he is awake. He has had chicken, spaghetti, fried eggs, baked potato, roasted pork or beef, carrots, green beans. I share with my parrot & my dog also. Its getting to the point where I actually have to cook a lil' extra to feed all my pets & not just my son & I.:LOL: I do give my cats & dog Greenies as well.

megarot

Lairian
I have tried a variety of cat snacks for Frank but he's super picky. He snubbed his nose at Greenies. So he eats Liv-A-Little treats and Tuna flakes. He loves Tuna but when I first set down the flakes he sniffed them but didn't one them. So I took one of the flakes and kinda shoved it into his mouth and once he actually tasted it, he loves them.

Thankfully Frank does not like human food..... much. He's crazy curious when I sit down to eat but most things I offer him he actually doesn't want to eat. He loves Mac & Cheese though. I figured that out a couple days ago.

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We feed wholeprey and are just getting the hang of it so no treats as of yet. I don't want to order online and all of the natural store bought still seem sketchy???

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We feed wholeprey and are just getting the hang of it so no treats as of yet. I don't want to order online and all of the natural store bought still seem sketchy???

I make my own by cutting up boneless chicken breast (1% brine) in strips then cut those in half. Shake in bag that has Parmesan cheese and little garlic salt and lay on a oil coated cookie sheet. Bake very slow in a 250 degree oven for about 3-4 hours... they LOVE them... You do have to keep in the freezer though... but they eat them anyway!

If you google home made cat treat recipes, you can find tons of recipes and it's soooo much cheaper and healthier than that store bought junk!

sammisue

Lairian

:LOL: I am glad I am not the only one who gives their pet sashimi, my DSH cat goes crazy for yellowtail and salmon when I bring some home!

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Our new cat gets three greenies after her first meal then a bite of meat in he food fish at night from whatever dinner we are making.

live2flythesky

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Darwin doesn't like ANY of the cat treats I have tried to give him with the exception of tuna flavored Greenies...he goes nuts for them. And, while not really a cat treat per se, he LOVES fruit: strawberries, cherries, bananas, apples. I will usually share a tiny piece with him.

uzska75

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
we used to give our dogs and cats greenie but i was warned by several vets and vet tec that because they are not 100% digestable they have seen many dogs and cats with obstructions over time from eating them.
I now just make dogs treats

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Elvira also thinks she's entitled to whatever it is I am eating. Turkey sandwiches are a favorite of mine and hers.
I never thought I'd see a cat eat a granola bar until she took a piece of the Nature's Valley right off of mine. :Dizzy:

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Update- neenee hardly ever gets the Greenies anymore- though they are still in the cupboard.

Her FAVORITE treat is dried Bonito. You get it in the asian market or sometimes regular store have it. Just a tiny bit makes her SUPER happy. I love it because its just dried fish, I can feed her a teeny bit at a time, and it doesn't go bad.

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Tried giving Elvira "Temptations" but she doesn't even bother to sniff them!!!
I think she's a snack snob!

Back