Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What snacks or treats do you give your Sphynx?

What do you give your Sphynx for snacks?

• Greenies

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Lysine Treats

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Temptations

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • Share your snacks

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Other (leave comment)

Votes: 52 36.1%

• Total voters

LordCocos

Lairian
My boy Cocos has a real sensitive stomach, so it's hard for me to find him treats that won't upset his stomach, but he does very much enjoy vanilla soft serve ice cream.

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Graddy isn't a big fan of bought snacks but he will kill me for a piece of turkey or some butter are his favorite.

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I alternate on the treats. The most prominent is greenies, but she also gets vitakitty and...I'm blanking on the other brand. She's not too interested in catnip, yet.

Kyro&Asher

Lairian
We feed Kyro either Blue Buffalo cat treats, right now we have Seafood Delight. Or he also like Zuke's all natural Purrz treats, which I think are salmon. Whenever we give our dogs treats he thinks he has to get a treat as well.

pashtcat

Lairian
Puddin' likes whatever I'm eating. He also likes whatever I'm NOT eating. I can't leave any food out unsupervised. The other day, he ate bacon grease.

fuzzy bare

Lairian
Fuzzy loves his Greenies. He gets very impatient with me if I go to bed later than usual. Our ritual is at bedtime i line up 5 treats on a high stool, he bats them off one at a time and munches away. he also knows if i don't put up 5.

pinkgoth

Lairian
Alien loves Mighty Raw chicken and duck treats. He's become a lot more cooperative with claw-clipping and bath time since I got those! We've had to store them at the top of the fridge where he can't reach them or else he'll go through the entire pack like kibble!

He also loves cheese. And yoghurt. And soy ice cream. Actually he'll try and eat just about anything if it's unsupervised.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah Frida isn't picky about food but I like to give her freeze dry liver treats or shrimp for bath time. She also thinks her toothpaste is the best thing ever

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Puddin' likes whatever I'm eating. He also likes whatever I'm NOT eating. I can't leave any food out unsupervised. The other day, he ate bacon grease.

Alien loves Mighty Raw chicken and duck treats. He's become a lot more cooperative with claw-clipping and bath time since I got those! We've had to store them at the top of the fridge where he can't reach them or else he'll go through the entire pack like kibble!

He also loves cheese. And yoghurt. And soy ice cream. Actually he'll try and eat just about anything if it's unsupervised.

Yeah Frida isn't picky about food but I like to give her freeze dry liver treats or shrimp for bath time. She also thinks her toothpaste is the best thing ever

Yep yep yep. Mine will eat anything they can get. I was eating a sandwich while sitting on the couch and a piece of tomato fell out and onto my plate. The cat that was next to me extended her neck, grabbed the piece of tomato, and ran off. Later on she was in the living room again and she puked it up.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep yep yep. Mine will eat anything they can get. I was eating a sandwich while sitting on the couch and a piece of tomato fell out and onto my plate. The cat that was next to me extended her neck, grabbed the piece of tomato, and ran off. Later on she was in the living room again and she puked it up.
Ha ha gross!

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I
I used to give them temptations, pounce and all the other kinds and they seem to like them all. Then my vet told me to stay away from anything with by product so I started giving them greenies but ended up being pretty expensive.

I feed them Blue Buffalo wilderness and saw the new Salmon flavor in Petco so picked some up. Gave them a few and they went nuts. So now I just put them in gatorade bottles and shake it and they love them. For 20 bucks I have treats for 5 months and feeling like they are good for them too. Going to get some more lysine treats for them as well.

They used to pretty much attack us at dinner time but they are much better now, still need to put them in another room when we are cooking they just get too curious and I get worried they are going to get on the stove or into something hot. I am like a paranoid mother with them.
s there a brand of l-lysine treats you buy. I got some for Frida and they are pretty much the only thing she won't eat.

bisingular

Lairian
We get whole dried sardines (locally sourced) and we have a greenies like treat but it's organic, gmo free, grain free etc.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My girls will eat ANYTHING, at this point we practically have to eat standing up!

But I get fresh chicken necks and dehydrated chicken livers from my raw food provider.

I think it's great they love them but I gotta say; it's a little on the gross side to watch my girls batting chicken necks around my floor!

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Chicken necks are great. So are those dried sardines, although frida won't eat them my sisters cat loves them. I buy these
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425995291.704934.jpg
they are a Canadian product. the meat used is all free range, and they don't use any fillers or garbage in them. It is also a local product in my area. Not sure if you can get them in the states or not. I like them because they keep for quite a while. I don't often give Frida treats but I like to have them around for when the mood strikes. The other thing I do for treats is I cut the wing tips off the chicken whenever I'm roasting a whole one.

Back