Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What sort of antics does your Sphynx get into?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
So everynight at 11:30pm until whenever we go to bed Snuffie is into stuff. Usually in the mornings as well around the same time. But as I was sitting here earlier she got into several different things. She got on the table and took the bread tie off of the bread, then once she got caught chewing on that and I took it away she gave her a water bowl a good slap having it land directly in her dry food dish. Then she decided to get behind our entertainment center and naw on whatever cords she could fine, and got on my little side table by my recliner and picked up what she wanted and slapped it around a few times, then she ran by me and tagged my ankles which is almost a all the time thing. lol Now she is climbing up the back of my recliner using her newly trimmed claws. lol Her personality has defintley come out more since Monday when I started her on the Blue Wilderness - Duck food. WoW! She isn't all for it just yet but she is eating it atleast. I just walked in the kitchen and she has her food all over the floor again. lol This monkey is crazy!!:LOL:

susi794

Staff member
:LOL:I am constantly hearing CRASH!!! from somewhere or another in my house...and I know it's yet ANOTHER thing they have gotten into. They are just so darn curious and playful that they think everything is their business--and I didn't ask their permission to put this thing on the counter, so they will just knock it off. Or sometimes it's just that the thing they happen to be terrorizing is just in the way of something they want to get at....so down it will have to go. Sometimes it's because they are chasing each other around ...or it makes a cool sound.....or it smells good...or one of the other cats thinks it's interesting....or the dog wants it....or I have told them a million times to leave it alone--that alone makes it irresistable.:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
:LOL:I am constantly hearing CRASH!!! from somewhere or another in my house...and I know it's yet ANOTHER thing they have gotten into. They are just so darn curious and playful that they think everything is their business--and I didn't ask their permission to put this thing on the counter, so they will just knock it off. Or sometimes it's just that the thing they happen to be terrorizing is just in the way of something they want to get at....so down it will have to go. Sometimes it's because they are chasing each other around ...or it makes a cool sound.....or it smells good...or one of the other cats thinks it's interesting....or the dog wants it....or I have told them a million times to leave it alone--that alone makes it irresistable.:LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Gotta love'em!!:ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You need an expert to come in and kitty proof your house.

Butternuts gets the toilet paper and proceeds to shred it all over the bathroom. And I'm not talking about just a little mess, he makes a BIG mess. He'll shred the entire roll. He also loves to get into synthetic flower decorations. He roots around in them like a little piggy.

And as for attacking the feet and ankles, he's master. If he's in the living room and I acknowledge his presence even slightly, he darts away and "tries" to sneak up on my ankles. If I chase him, it's over. He won't let me go anywhere without first either slapping my legs with his little naked hands making that little slap sound or using me as a spring board. Luckily he always does it with claws retracted.

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou mostly knock stuff off the table! Anything small and roundish will do, pens, pencils, lighters, make-up, tooth brush:)Angry::Badly:), but her most annoying antic, is when she is walking across the kitchen table (which unfortunately is the dumping ground for all of our stuff when we walk into the door - Christine, you gotta come over and organize for us...:LOL:) she tends to misjudge to sturdiness or stability of a pile of stuff, and then whoosh...off the table she goes along with an avalanche of 'stuff'.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Polar Bare tries to drag his sister around by her skin.
He also knocked a picture off the wall and it shattered.
He carries a teaser around like a dog.
He almost set the ADT off.
His breeder called him a clown and it is so true.
He gets in more trouble then all my cats put together.
Sasha was that bad before also.

Inferno12

Banned
Let see...where do I begin???
He steals things and hides them so well that I can not find his stash. I have looked everywhere
He eats toilet paper and any sort of tissue. That includes tissue used to wrap presents. My presents always come with a disclaimer "sorry about the chewed up ends of your wrapping.

He Jumps on my back all the time and most of the time I am standing up or no in a position for him to stay there so I have scratches down my back

I was so happy when I bought my new 50" plasma TV only to find huge scratch marks down the front the morning after I bought it. Oh yes....he tried to climb it.

He sets off the alarms motion detectors which are not supposed to go off on an animal under 40 lbs. They cant figure out how he does it!

He open and closes door. You have ABSOLUTELY NO privacy in this house! and if you shut the door he will yell at you and then open it with such an attitude :Angry:

He always nocks everything off the counter including the packages that are getting ready to my friend in Afghanistan. He does wait unil the are full and not sealed yet so they make an amazing crash when they hit the floor and things scatter. He just loves it.

When he wants under a blanket and I dont have one with me (including now while I am writing this) he will dig and dig at my clothes until I get a blanket for him. He just ripped my jammy pants :Angry:

He loves the very top of the counters. He gets up there and then yells at everyone that walks by.

Ha Ha....yes he does run the house as you can see and he is so ornery. This is why I love him so much. He is a lot like me! :Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy:

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Teeka's not too bad at getting into stuff, but twice a day (morning and evening) she does what I call, her "Spasti-Cat Routine" ... This usually involves racing around the apartment at top speed, leaping onto chairs, counters, people, etc, ricocheting off them and then burning off in another direction.

If there's something/someone in her way - not a problem!! Over, around or under with no break in the speed.

When she's done, she camps out in her kitty tunnel and waits for "Daddy" (my bf) to walk by so she can attack him. Never me, just him. Then he tickles the hell out of her and they wrestle.

I'm usually in fits of giggles by the end of watching the "show".

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Snuggles and Casper climb up our backs when we least expect it....Ouch! Snuggles likes to knock things down of the counters. Casper likes to chew on the broom bristles. They both LOVE to chew up on paper(always seems to be my daughters homework :LOL:) And Snuggles is like Butterball and loves to shred the toilet paper roll! I am sure there is a ton more :LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Hibou mostly knock stuff off the table! Anything small and roundish will do, pens, pencils, lighters, make-up, tooth brush:)Angry::Badly:), but her most annoying antic, is when she is walking across the kitchen table (which unfortunately is the dumping ground for all of our stuff when we walk into the door - Christine, you gotta come over and organize for us...:LOL:) she tends to misjudge to sturdiness or stability of a pile of stuff, and then whoosh...off the table she goes along with an avalanche of 'stuff'.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who had avalanches!!:Surprise: Thanks, you just made my morning! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Haji's latest is the accordian blinds...playing them like a washboard.
Not to mention breaking the toilet and causing a flood!

We go out for walks in the stroller which he LOVES. he's usually pretty good at sitting in there with the top open, but every now and again he will jump out the top while in motion! I always have his harness around my wrist so he never gets far!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Where to start. When I am cleaning, she steals the paper towels and shreds them. I can't leave anything shiny on the bathroom counter or she steals it. Jumping on unsuspecting guest's backs. Walking on the stair bannister and giving me heart attacks that she will fall. When she is angry with me (after baths, nail trimming, ear cleaning, etc.) she will go over and swat the poor dog who has no clue why she just got swatted. Getting on the table, counters, top of flat screen TV - which she doesn't fit on so she falls off. Yes, she has complete control of our house...:LOL::LOL: But we don't mind. So what if our nice furniture is shredded, it is just stuff.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
So today while I'm gone all day painting and Jimmy was at work, Snuffie decided to rearrange the items on the bathroom sink and on the shelf under the mirror. He came home to find his toothbrush nawed up and left in the sink to drown. His motorized shaver thing in the floor shattered, the head of it is still missing, the little stand up thing it came in was in the toliet, the toothpaste tube has been chewed on but she didn't break thru thankgoodness. His styrofoamed cup he rinses his mouth out with is all clawed and chewed up and was pretty much spat out in the sink on his nawed up toothbrush. LMBO..I find it halarious - Jimmy isnt so happy. lol

Inferno12

Banned
So today while I'm gone all day painting and Jimmy was at work, Snuffie decided to rearrange the items on the bathroom sink and on the shelf under the mirror. He came home to find his toothbrush nawed up and left in the sink to drown. His motorized shaver thing in the floor shattered, the head of it is still missing, the little stand up thing it came in was in the toliet, the toothpaste tube has been chewed on but she didn't break thru thankgoodness. His styrofoamed cup he rinses his mouth out with is all clawed and chewed up and was pretty much spat out in the sink on his nawed up toothbrush. LMBO..I find it halarious - Jimmy isnt so happy. lol
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Only one of my kids is the mischevious one and that is Maizie. She does alot of those other things but her most annoying habit is going into the walik in closet and knocking down all the clothes on the bottom rod. These happen to be my tops and my closet always looks a shambles! She loves to knock things off of dressers etc then play with them. She is also a huge jewelry thief. The others just mostly race around. Birdie does do a funny thing...if I blow a rasberry at her she will slap my face with the pad of her foot about 5 times in very quick succesion. It just cracks us up!

J

Jinxlover

We cant have a straw in the house, Blueberry will grab them out of our cups and run b/c she knows she's not allowed to do it. Her cat post is in front of the window and if I forget to open the shade so she can see out, she will climb the shade and hang there and yell tell I come get her down and open the shade.

Boy we put up with a lot from our beloved cats.. Anyone else would throw them outside and lock the door..LOL:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Poor Jimmy...:LOL::LOL::Hysterical::LOL::LOL:

:Smile:Thanks - We have talked and she has been extremely attached all night since I've been home. I'm pretty sure this was a onset of loneliness or anxiety of some sort. She isn't used to both of us gone all day long so she knows something is up. I can't wait for this move to be over and our lives back to normal.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofuratu runs around the house yowling and meowing for no reason. He especially seems to like the acoustics in the bathroom......at 4am....

His latest obscession is mice. Real ones. He caught his second mouse all by himself and put did exactly what he did with the first one.....ran to our bed to show me!!! And both times the mice have still been alive so I end up with a mouse and a cat running around under the blankets. Im hoping he will learn to kill them soon!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

myspecialboy

Lairian
Nofuratu runs around the house yowling and meowing for no reason. He especially seems to like the acoustics in the bathroom......at 4am....

His latest obscession is mice. Real ones. He caught his second mouse all by himself and put did exactly what he did with the first one.....ran to our bed to show me!!! And both times the mice have still been alive so I end up with a mouse and a cat running around under the blankets. Im hoping he will learn to kill them soon!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

I'm so thankful that's one thing Chadwick doesn't do!!!!

Some of Chad's antics:
*Running around the apartment and making it sound like a herd of antelope
*Finding the most clever ways of getting onto surfaces I stupidly think he can't get on and put things I don't want broken. Silly me for thinking he can't get on top of the entertainment center that's taller than me or the second shelf of the bathroom closet that's my height! Both places are recent discoveries by Chadwick Columbus after almost 2 years of having him!
*Waiting until mommy's almost asleep to start meowing like he's being murdered and if that doesn't get mommy up, finding the loudest thing to rustle around and doing so at great length!
*Jumping on my back, but only when I'm on the toilet
*Knocking everything but a few select items of his choosing off of every surface he can get on (which is now almost all of them!)
*Licking my hot curling or flat irons when mommy's doing her hair, then smacking the device for burning him like it does every time he licks it. Luckily, I move in time and haven't had burned feet yet! Also luckily, Chad doesn't keep his tongue there enough to have a serious burn!!!
*Playing the "Let's open and close doors, then accidentally lock myself in a room and cry until mommy opens it for me so I can do it again!" game. I think extra points are earned when I'm in the bathroom, shower, or asleep with super bonus points if I come home from work and find him like that!
*Stealing every straw, lid, and hair clip mommy owns
*Attacking me, but only when my back is turned. He looks like he's playing "Red light, green light" when he does it. When I don't turn back around and keep walking, he'll jump up and latch on my bum like a gator! He also likes to attack my leg when I get in the shower, but only the last leg to get in the tub!
*Finding and opening his treat jar
*Shredding the Hell out of my blinds
*Finding a place with dust, like under the bed, to roll around in right after his bath
*Knocking off my mouse when I'm on the computer
*Attacking the broom, duster, etc. when I am cleaning.
*Placing his feel precisely on my airway when I try to sleep
*If I don't lift the covers so he can get under them with plenty of space, he'll burrow in the middle of them in the place he wants to be, only underneath them, until I lift the covers for him. I don't know how he gets under them when I'm not in bed!
*Jumping his dirty bum into my clean clothes as soon as I take them out of the dryer. Funny thing is, I notice he doesn't do this much when he's actually clean...
*Placing himself between me and my cell phone so that I may not ever speak on it without letting him talk, too! People find loud purring on the other end a little creepy!
*Going completely Apes**t when I change the sheets or make my bed. He turns into a gymnastic gold medal winner doing a floor routine and gets very angry if I try to finish putting the sheets on properly in the middle of it.

Things I would change about Chadwick:
Absolutely nothing!!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your cats are too funny! I have enjoyed reading this thread very much and am hoping Freya will have antics soon as well! Keep em coming, lol

Back