What? Spoiled?

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by Luvmysphynx, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Luvmysphynx

LuvmysphynxSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    ok, I need the opinion of experts here - My friends are accusing me of the horrible crime of spoiling my animals LOL What initiated this is that she saw an invoice from a recent order - While I have little furnature in the house for myself (come on, it's just me - There's a couch, a bed, a TV, a kitchen table.....what else do I need?), and she saw that I just purchased TWO cat trees, and spent about $400 on various cat and dog toys, treats, etc. Now, I can justify that - My $50 second hand couch needs to be protected with a $150 cat tree, right? And of course, my bed needs to be protected by the second one, wouldn't want me cats to use the furnature after all LOL And the toys, treats, and everything else? How else am I going to keep them occupied and teach them to scratch on the cat tree?

I guess I won't even mention my "free" ferret I rescued off of craigslist a week ago - $350 at the vet, $150 on a nice cage, $150 at Petco on food, litterbox, litter, hammocks, etc.....definatly NOT spoiled! He's already paid me back - He knew I was a sucker for ferret kisses LOL

What's the verdict - Are they spoiled? I think she's sadly mistaken, I'm just looking out for myself and my furnature after all..... :LOL:

2. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,464.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    Dude, I'm right there with you. I live by myself and if I could affort a big cat tree I would certainly buy one since my window sits up high and I know he is entertained by looking outside. However, until the finances allow me such a purchase, I'll have to stick with climbable milk cartons that work pretty well.

3. silly4lilly

silly4lillyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $490.61
    Ratings:
    +73

i def. spoil my kitties. they are my babies!!

I just got a 5 ft. cat tree off of Amazon for $95 including the shipping! the whole thing is scratching posts and it has a little cozy house in it too

4. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +443
    Well, Lydia, I don't know what your friends are talking about. I'm truly baffled, actually.

Ooh, I'll be right back, Walter is calling for some of his $20-a-bag Lysine treats...Ok, I'm back...OUCH! I stubbed my toe on his scratching post, almost slipped on the Undercover Mouse, dodged a couple of catnip balls, had to push his stroller out of the way, noticed it's time to wash a load of his dirty clothes, put his squirrel and fish DVD on in the other room since it's starting to get dark outside and he's getting bored, batteries are getting low on the Fling-a-ma-String, time to refill his water fountain, do I hear the $150 automatic litterbox scooping again? :Laugh:

5. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    Check out Dog.com - They had some on clearance I saw after I ordered the ones I'm getting. They're only $30! Not sure how nice or how much shipping is, but they're CHEAP! Here's a couple they had.

[​IMG]
    "Many Surprises Cat Condo" - $29.99
    Your cat will have plenty of places to play and relax within this cat condo. Features a secure hideout hollow base and tunnel, a lookout perch, a sisal scratching post and fur mouse toy.
    Measures 15" L x 15" W x 24 1/2" H
    http://www.dog.com/item/many-surprises-cat-condo/200211/

Three Level Playland w/Tunnel for Cats - $29.99 (sorry, couldn't get a link to the pic of this one)
    Your kittens & cats will love playing, climbing and sleeping on this playland cat tree. Features sturdy rectangular base, high-impact plastic connection system, soft plush fabric, 4 sections wrapped w/ thick sisal, 2 crinkle tunnels, flat top lookout perch and yarn ball. Assembly required.
    Size: 24”L x 18”W x 49”H
    http://www.dog.com/item/three-level-playland-w-tunnel-for-cats-27lx18wx49h/200214/

[​IMG]
    Hide-N-Seek Cat Tree - $29.99
    Keep your kitty entertained for hours with this 4 layer cat condo. Great for multiple cat households. Features 3 levels of lookout perches, 5 sections of sisal, a snuggle cup, lazy hammock, a hideout hut and a playful fur mouse. Measures 24" L x 14" W x 57" H
    http://www.dog.com/item/hide-n-seek-cat-tree-35-x-175-x-58/200213/

6. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    Nope, he's definatly not spoiled - My litterbox was $300 :LOL: I swear, after using a Cat Genie, I could never go back! My friends are definatly crazy! Just because there's more clothes for the animals in the house then for me (no kidding!) doesn't mean they're spoiled! And then they laugh when I say I can't go out to a show because I can't afford it - After all, shows are expensive!

7. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +443
    Ah, I want the Cat Genie.

You know how some people look in magazines at fancy houses or nice jewelry or cars and dream about having them some day? I've done that, but I was looking at an ad for the Cat Genie. My bathroom is too small or I'd have it by now. That's going to be one of my necessities in my next home - a bathroom big enough for a Cat Genie. *sigh*

8. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    My bathroom is tiny - What I did is I bought a square pan that would normally go under a washing machine and put it just outside the bathroom door :) Of course, that only works if your toilet isn't to far from the door of your bathroom!

9. PitRottMommy

PitRottMommyBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $322.00
    Ratings:
    +287
    Definitely spoiled.

Our cats don't use the 15 beds, 7' cat tree or the multiple blankets/hides I've made them...they wanna sleep on our $3000 tempurpedic mattress, in chenille sheets. I easily spend over $500 a month on food for everyone, dogs included. There are so many toys around here, someone could break their neck if they walked through the house in the dark. Don't even ask about the cost of the cat fountain, bowls or anything that I do for them veterinary related. lol.

10. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +443
    Then again, when someone makes fun of me for how much money I spend on "stuff" for my cat, I like to see their reaction when I tell them how much I bought the cat for!! :Laugh: Kinda puts it all into perspective, right?

Rotten little turd, he's priceless to me, though!

11. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    You have a good point there LOL But then again, I can't use that same point until my baby comes home - And even then, his breeder is giving me a real bargain since I'm local and she may want to use him in her breeding program in the future!!! The 2 I have right now, Haley was given to me, and I just paid the vet bills on Oogie, so I basically got him for free since the way I look at it vet bills are just part of owning a cat!

12. Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $42.00
    Ratings:
    +443
    Walter came off the clearance rack (he was an adult kitty, I answered a classified ad for him), so I got a good deal, but he still wasn't cheap! I think I'm gonna go to a breeder next time, so I can have the experience of a kitten. Plus, I think that's the only way Walter will allow another cat into the house - if it's a baby he can dominate.

13. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    It's hard to say - But it never hurts :) Besides - Kittens are always fun, trouble, but fun LOL It's been years since I've had a tiny kitten in my house - Meeting my new little one today was sure an experience, I forgot how tiny kittens are! He's 7 weeks now, and I could fit him easily in one hand! He maybe weighs 1 1/2 lbs max right now, he's so dang cute!

14. PitRottMommy

PitRottMommyBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
    $322.00
    Ratings:
    +287
    My guy always brings this up...$3500 on cats and we don't have the money to pay off the credit card. lol. I try to tell him...PRIORITIES!! He doesn't get it.

15. Moonstone

MoonstoneLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $471.00
    Ratings:
    +6
    :ThumbsUp:
    I'm with you all...
    I afford to my cats and dog (and me of course) a 2nd house for holidays...Ok this house is a ruine :LOL: but we can go in holidays together with all my animals (actually 6 sphynxes + 2 dogs) !

I have 5 cat trees + 1 in the other house,
    they have the best food I can found (actually royal Canin),
    they have sweets (actually named dreamies),
    they have...what ever...toys, sofa, electric fountains, jeweled collars,

I spoiled them....definitively....and I'm so happy like that !

my col:ThumbsUp:leagues are laughing....me too...and I will not change anything...

16. Maximus

MaximusSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $383.00
    Ratings:
    +45
    I buy Otie great toys from the store and he still manages to find a bathroom cup or shoe lace that entertains him more, lol. The other day I left a brown bag open on the floor and that was the craze for the day. Its just like Brooke said when people find out how much we paid for the cat it makes more sense why we spoil them. I think that just shows how bad we really wanted them. I look down at Otie, when his little body is cradled in my arms, and say "I would of paid $3,000 for you if I had to"!

P.S. Luvmysphynx pictures please!

17. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    I'll post pictures of the newest toys when they come LOL I just posted some pictures of Oogie and Haley, and one new one of the baby yesterday, I'll post more pictures soon :)

18. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $453.02
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've been told that I should just have kids already instead of spending so much on Meecho. I mean so what if she has a stroller and a dresser of her own full of clothes. My house is over flowing with toys and the batteries to make them work. All the movies she likes to watch are always running. Not to mention my failed attempt at potty training cost me almost $300 and that automatic litter robot I saw on Amazon for around $300 is looking really nice. I would love the cat genie but it won't fit next to the toilet :ThumbsDown: The way I see it I didn't need another purse to add to the over 400 I have. I don't need more shoes because they just pile up when all I want to wear are my flip flops. But Meecho does need her treats, toys, clothes....well maybe not the clothes, but everything else she needs. When the time comes when she can buy her own stuff I will stop, and since I don't see that happening unless I leave the computer on ebay and she walks on it I will just be forced to buy her things and continue to spoil her and everyone can kiss me :Impish:

19. Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
    $365.00
    Ratings:
    +62
    My attitude exactly :ThumbsUp:

• Like Like x 1
    • Brooke

BrookeBanned

Sphynx Bucks:
      $42.00
      Ratings:
      +443
      Well said, Kalliee!! Plus, we're actually saving money by having kitties instead of kids...not paying for daycare and everything else. That's how I justify it anyway!

I have been overheard telling Walter to start doing his part around the house, though. I've asked him at least 100 times to clean the dust off the ceiling fans or run the vacuum cleaner while I'm at work.

He has yet to start doing any of his chores....he just gives me some excuse about not having opposable thumbs...:Wink:

• kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $453.02
      Ratings:
      +56
      :LOL: I'm teaching Meecho how to pick up her toys :LOL: As you can guess I got farther with the potty training :LOL:

• Luvmysphynx

Sphynx Bucks:
      $365.00
      Ratings:
      +62
      Hey, at least he has a real reason, my 2 are just plain to lazy LOL They mutter something about it disturbing their nap if they have to do chores!!!! After all, isn't that what the servent (meaning me!) are for? :Impish:

• Mews2much

Mews2muchV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $142.00
      Ratings:
      +2,011
      Cleo hides her toys all the time and stole the cats comb the other day.
      My cat have their own room.
      My Husband said I put the cat before him lol.
      It is true though.[
      Never put a Russian Blue mix witha Sphynx.
      They are brats together and destroy every toy I get.
      The other cats never do that.
      I can not wait to get my next sphynx.
      It is so hard to wait and see if they are show quality.
      If the kittens are not good enough show quality then I will look omewhere else
      I have had breders as me how much sphynx cost at the shows and you should see the look on their faces when they find out.
      I think we all spoil are cats.
      Ilove all the sphynx on this site.

/COLOR]

• Ciplialp

CiplialpLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $0.00
      Ratings:
      +0
      What Spoiled

very nice i feel like i am among friends. all what i see here is so like the conclusions i have come to during the last few years of my research about this and similar topics - even though we are very far, thanks to the web.

• 2sphynxgirl

2sphynxgirlSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $4.00
      Ratings:
      +171
      Let's see....a bazillion toys, 3 scratching posts, their own couch in the sunroom to watch birds & squirrels, some new fuzzy blankets and all they want to play with all day is the other cat, a paper bag and a hat! I forgot how much fun kittens can be!
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]