Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What was the age(s) of your Sphynx(s) when they passed?

At what age did your Sphynx pass away?

• Total voters

Sheldon13

Staff member
By request, you will see a poll asking at what age your beautiful baby or babies passed away. We are wanting to see how long we are being blessed with their presences. (You can choose multiple responses).

Please note the poll will not work on Tapatalk. If you are in Tapatalk you can click the ... in the upper right hand corner and click on “web view” to access the main site.

Uksphynxmum

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
By request, you will see a poll asking at what age your beautiful baby or babies passed away. We are wanting to see how long we are being blessed with their presences. (You can choose multiple responses).

Please note the poll will not work on Tapatalk. If you are in Tapatalk you can click the ... in the upper right hand corner and click on “web view” to access the main site.

Yoda mom

Staff member
My Yoda girl avatar pic, first sphynx ,(a surprise bday gift purchase for " giving you such a deal" told to him met on the side of the road for $800, scammer breeder ghosted, with complaints of selling sick sphynx I learned) had several blood clot embolisms (F.A.T.E) from age 1-2. her heart couldn't handle the last saddle thrombosis embolism. got her wings at age 2.

adopted in her honor.

they are now ages 7, 9 and (2) 11 years olds doing good.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I think there are a lot of breeders out there that don’t care about the genetics. I guess you have a choice: purchase from a breeder who does what is necessary and hope for the the best, or adopt a rehome and know there will likely be issues.

I guess there is no guarantee either way.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm really sad to see how young they leave... I can't help but think could it be because of us humans? Are we breeding so wrong?
Yes.

I think there are a lot of breeders out there that don’t care about the genetics. I guess you have a choice: purchase from a breeder who does what is necessary and hope for the the best, or adopt a rehome and know there will likely be issues.
Be careful with big breeders. The more cats they breed, the less likely they are to take cats to the vet because it costs money for that many cats. I learned this the hard way. It had to do with a Sphynx I ended up returning after I spent about $1000 because my vet recommended I not keep her. It was hard. Anyway, the breeder told me something like, "I figured it had to do with being pregnant." At that moment it was obvious she had SEEN the problem but blew it off because she didn't want to spend money on the vet. Was she intentionally evil? No. Was she someone that should be breeding? Heyul no, if she was caring for human babies she'd be in jail for negligence.

On the other hand, my 10 year old Sphynx is perfectly healthy and she was rehomed. The person I got her from tried to contact the breeder but the phone number was disconnected. I also adopted 2 Siamese cats years ago from a small breeder and no problems at all. This is just my very limited anecdotal experience but I'd rather get a cat from someone who breeds a few cats.

Meanwhile, that breeder that sold me a Sphynx with a problem is now selling Lykoi. I guess bu$ine$$ is good.

I guess there is no guarantee either way.
100%

Last edited:
Back