Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Whatever you do... DON'T TEL MY HUSBAND!

Jenny46060

Lairian
Hello friends!

As you know, my hubby and I have been looking to bring home another baby.... Well, we were hoping to adopt one through a rescue but Michael fell in love with a little boy named Eddy. What's the problem?? Eddy is more expensive then we had planned on, plus we have to pay to have him shipped... Soooo we kept looking but always ended up coming back to Eddy's pictures and videos.... I have just placed a deposit on the little fella and will be surprising my hubby with him next week... :Wink:

I sure hope he and Kaci get along!! I can't wait for him to come home! :BigSmile:

Eddy.jpg

Eddy1.jpg

Eddy2.jpg

Eddy3.jpg

Brooke

Banned
Yay!! Congrats!! I'm sure he'll fit in great, especially since he's a kitten and since he's a boy...opposite sexes tend to get along better, in my experience. But, if you have any problems, come back here to Sphynx Lair - we've had a few members that went through some issues at first (including me) and now all our kids seem to be getting along just fine, so we'll have some more tips for you.

I'm so happy for you!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll have to think quick....when's the big day? If you can arrange to go pick Eddy up without your husband knowing so that when he comes home and opens the bedroom (bathroom, wherever) door, there will be Eddy! No big ramp-up or hints, just a big surprise. That's pretty subtle and I'd have a really hard time playing it cool waiting for hubby to notice. Or, put a shirt on Kaci that says "I'm a big sister". Or hand-make a card from "Eddy" about how excited he is to meet his new daddy put it in with the day's mail. When I write thank you notes from the kits, I write wrong-handed and spell poorly, & try to make it look like a child's printing. Dorky, I know, but I think it's cute... Or, several days before Eddy's arrival, decorate the house (while hubby's away) with balloons, streamers, and signs that say "Welcome home, Eddy". Or, tell your husband you have a surprise for him and blindfold him for the drive to the airport. Okay, I get carried away with this kind of thing......:Smile:

I'm so excited for you guys. What could be a better birthday present????

Brooke

Banned
I'll have to think quick....when's the big day? If you can arrange to go pick Eddy up without your husband knowing so that when he comes home and opens the bedroom (bathroom, wherever) door, there will be Eddy! No big ramp-up or hints, just a big surprise. That's pretty subtle and I'd have a really hard time playing it cool waiting for hubby to notice. Or, put a shirt on Kaci that says "I'm a big sister". Or hand-make a card from "Eddy" about how excited he is to meet his new daddy put it in with the day's mail. When I write thank you notes from the kits, I write wrong-handed and spell poorly, & try to make it look like a child's printing. Dorky, I know, but I think it's cute... Or, several days before Eddy's arrival, decorate the house (while hubby's away) with balloons, streamers, and signs that say "Welcome home, Eddy". Or, tell your husband you have a surprise for him and blindfold him for the drive to the airport. Okay, I get carried away with this kind of thing......:Smile:

I'm so excited for you guys. What could be a better birthday present????

Go, Kathy!! :LOL: I love the Welcome banner idea.

I write notes from my cats, too, in "their" handwriting, and have been known to even use a stamp pad for a paw print. That makes me dorky, too! :LOL:

Jenny46060

Lairian
I just got Eddy's flight info from the breeder... He comes home Saturday @7PM!! I AM SO EXCITED!! She is shipping him all bundled up with a blanket and a sweater, and she is sending me a photo album of him growing up. :)

I do need a little advice though... He is on kitten food, Kaci is on adult food. Eddy is 5 months old... Any tips on feeding them? Can Eddy start a on adult food a little early? It's going to be near impossible to keep them out of each other's food....

Thanks friends!! :)

gizmo6370

Banned
Mix the adult food and kitten food....that way they are both getting what they need....
My experience is that they will always eat.....what the other gets....so if you mix it up....problem solved :BigSmile:

So exciting for you and your hubby ( who doesnt know....yet = ) )

Back