Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

What’s the quirkiest/silliest thing your Sphynx does?

What’s the quirkiest/silliest thing your Sphynx does?

• They way they eat/drink

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • The positions they sleep in

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • They suckle on you

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Their litter box activities/habits

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other...be sure to share with us.

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh boy... so many things. Great question, by the way.

For MAX: He insists on sitting on my hunched over shoulders & back, sucking his tail, while I brush my teeth over the sink. It's one of our morning rituals. He even repositions himself up on my shoulders once I straighten myself out and comes up to the bedroom with me. THEN we have special cuddle and purr time before I get dressed -- this last part isn't silly, but it's a nice capper to the aforementioned scene.

For MIN: EVERYTHING. She makes me laugh. All the time. She just IS quirky. I'd have to say the way she plays (which is a lot). She does not think more than a fraction of a second ahead of time, so she manages to scrabble all over the cat trees like a gymnast on psychedelics, hanging on with a couple CLAWS only... then righting herself and bouncing forward onto the next whatever. She's just a maniac. I had a friend visit recently and he spent about 2 hours playing with her nonstop (it was my challenge), and he worked up a sweat like he was running on a treadmill for his life. Even while panting, Min just wanted to keep playing. She's my little nutbag.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Agnes is just that quirky! My favorite thing she does is when she wants to play she sneaks up on Otto (our mastiff) and bites at his ankles quickly backs up with the hunched back pose and starts running so that he can chase her, followed by her quick turning to bat at him. It really is quite amusing. I also like when she wants attention and will stand/sit right in front of you while standing and then proceed to jump up on your chest to get to your shoulders. It's great when you're prepared for the jump and you can just catch her, otherwise it can be quite painful.

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww I love all the stories of our babies! the way Binky eats cracks me up, I put her food in a bowl n she likes it put on her tree, she will take a handful out with her little paw n throw it on the floor then go n eat it, like she’s hunting her prey! Thank god she only does it a few times a day as am the cleaner to ensure the floor is up to her standards!

Arke

Lairian
Caber hates my phone and will chew the corner of it if it's in reach. There's also a spot on the wall where, if I'm carrying him he will reach out to touch it. It's just a tiny little scuff but he's always so interested. He gnaws on the tip of his tail when he's excited as well.

He's also started a habit of sitting on my head if I'm watching something (TV or my partner on the computer). Fortunately I wear a hat unless I'm sleeping so he doesn't accidentally claw me!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is too hard to narrow down..... I need an multiple choice option!
- Suckles
- Announces to everyone before using the litter box
- Apparently is into riding rocking horses now
- Comes like a dog when called and hops into my arms

Nicky00

Lairian
Many many things!
-She wags her tail like a dog when she is happy or playing. She also runs to the door to greet you like a dog.
-She sucks on my earlobe like a pacifier at night when she is trying to go to sleep.
- she springs in the air and kicks her leg when she wants you to chase her
- she learned to push open doors so she will wake you up for her mandatory cuddle time before you go to work(she does this for each family member)

Nicky00

Lairian
Many many things!
-She wags her tail like a dog when she is happy or playing. She also runs to the door to greet you like a dog.
-She sucks on my earlobe like a pacifier at night when she is trying to go to sleep.
- she learned to push open doors so she will wake you up for her mandatory cuddle time before you go to work(she does this for each family member)

Nicky00

Lairian
Many many things!

Nicky00

Lairian
Many many things!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bagins gets into some cute poses and positions to sleep and stretch out ah ha
Cleo makes the most amazing chirping sound and talks to me
I am disabled and Cleo is so protective of me if I go the bathroom she walks with me sits chirping and chatting until I walk back to my room and she runs on ahead of me
Bagins is a clumsy clot , he trips over his own feet , is forever falling off the cat tree or the chair or the work top as I said clumsy
But he can climb whereas Cleo never did before Bagins came home ( he is a bad influence on her ah ha )
28F1D0DD-E869-43D1-A3C9-45F2815C0475.jpeg

As you can see he is giving her a leg up onto the top of the wardrobe ah ha
Love my babies
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Kitty Chaos

Lairian
Arya likes to sit in my pants like a hammock when I use the toilet. She also has learned to turn on my games console so that she can sit on top of it when it warms up. She's also fond of sitting on the Wi-Fi router when she wants a treat, jumping over the dog and leaping onto your back when you bend over.

However my favourite quirk of hers is the way she interacts with her favourite toy. She has a soft toy unicorn that's at least her size (she's oh 5lb as she was a runt and is nearly fully grown) which she carries around like a kitten but because of its size she has to prance in order to prevent tripping on it. She takes it everywhere. It reminds me of a little girl with a baby-doll the way she hugs and grooms it. It's so cute.

pocovonloco

Lairian
Poco hates it when I use my phone and my laptop a lot.
He always steps in front of the phone/laptop to block my sight to those stuffs.

But sometimes when I use my laptop to watch movie, he sits in front of it and watch the movie, too!

E1A280A4-12EA-4BA8-A084-7F656BC15336.jpeg 567CD747-E87F-49E8-A13F-3097EB0D5E9D.jpeg 4CC2066B-3EAE-4F4C-8EFE-AC44A0A9060D.jpeg

Oh, Poco also loves to rest his head (especially his chin) on something, for example my fingers (YES! fingers), my backpack, my neck, my shoulder, and anything else.

043E478D-E9B1-429E-AFC8-536E46B31FD0.jpeg CF9CDFF9-7135-49A3-B26D-D813CCE4405A.jpeg 7D025B27-F60C-467C-8DA3-1E41304B77F8.jpeg

Back