Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Whats up

Dudebilly

Lairian
Not one to write a book but just want to say I'm new here and definitely interested and actively looking to adopt a Sphynx (in or around the Alexandria, VA area). My girlfriend has experience with these babies and desperately wants another but I am having trouble setting aside the amount of money some catteries request. Any advice is helpful, thanks! Great to meet yall!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Dudebilly and welcome to Sphynxlair! Be sure to check our adoption/ rescue area. Please enjoy the community! :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome. I know they are expensive, best to go with a reputable breeder than a backyard one at a discounted rate as you can end up spending the money you “saved” on vet bills. Thought I would share some info on what to look for in a breeder What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder

Also if you look to rescue/adopt here is some info to help you weed out the scammers. How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

Good luck on your journey!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Not one to write a book but just want to say I'm new here and definitely interested and actively looking to adopt a Sphynx (in or around the Alexandria, VA area). My girlfriend has experience with these babies and desperately wants another but I am having trouble setting aside the amount of money some catteries request. Any advice is helpful, thanks! Great to meet yall!
Welcome and good luck! I found my love at a local shelter. They do show up there sometimes but you need to check the posts daily at all area shelters. Make it part of your routine. The shelter I adopted for is pretty large and they told me they get a Sphynx in about twice a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Dudebilly welcome! great advice and links shared .

stay active here and check often.
several of us have adopted from members . I also adopted a retiree from a reputable breeder at a fraction of her initial cost. so wanted to share you could reach out to reputable breeders about upcoming retirees :) . Mine is a healthy velcro cuddly girl and was HCM scanned... raised underfoot and very very social

keep us updated!