Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

when did i turn into the craigslist police?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There has been an ad on craigslist with someone whos "sphynx had one male kitten" she wants to sell it for an unknown amount or trade it for a female. Then after this one gets flagged now I think the same person is just looking for a female sphynx. I flagged that one too. HA! There was a lady there that is a VERY bad person and I have a feeling this is her. I really hope not. Stay away from sphynx on Denver craigslist if its this lady she is evil!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh brother then I made the mistake of looking on ksl. I think I should go to bed I am having a grumpy bad day.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I constantly police craigslist, petfinder and adoptapet in my area,,,luckily I've never found any.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well this lady makes a habit of getting animals of craigslist then reselling them for a higher price. She supposedly got 2 pregnant female sphynx from a "hoarder" that was supposed to have kittens last April, but now she has more kittens in July? I also know of 2 litters of puppies and a great dane that she got for free then sold like 2 days later on there. She is crazy! Then on KSL there was an ad for Bangel kittens. If you are asking close to 1k for an animal shouldn't you be able to spell the breed? Also about 5 ads for sphynx from the same person on there. As well as someone trying to sell a DSH for 1,000 that she saved from the pound because she is neat looking. People make me want to pull out my hair. I was already in a bad mood from my ruined couch when I got home from work so that didn't help.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Your right,,that is awful to buy animals just to resell for profit. Poor animals should not be shifted from place to place like that. What is KSL?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Classified ad place for Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho. Mostly Utah stuff on there.

Bella07

Banned
I figure it this way---no reputable, established breeder would have to rehome on Craigslist. So, if I see a ad in my area that looks suspicious, I flag it! I hate when people don't abide by the rules, and think that they are exempt from them. So have fun flagging !

holly_savage

Banned
Same here...I often peruse Kijiji...and I have noticed lately there have been a lot of kittens offerred. I guess it is a cheap way of advertising. As long as they do their homework and don't sell to just anyone, I don't have an issue with it I guess.