Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

When is it safe?

pearlpollard

Lairian
Hey guys! :)

We had to have an exterminator come to our house today because we've been having a problem with ants in our kitchen. He promised it was pet safe spray but I still left with Pearl and I'm unsure about when to take her home. Even though he said it was pet friendly, I'm still nervous! When do you guys think it's safe?

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had someone come and spray once and he said it was pet safe; like you I wasn't taking any chances!
I went back home I think it was about 5hrs, and nothing bad happened.

I had my father go in after about 2/2.5hrs and open some windows (not sure of the whether where you are) just to extra safe.

pearlpollard

Lairian
It's been about 3 hours since he left. My landlord let him in and I know he sprayed the kitchen and bathroom by seeing little dried droplets on the floors. I mopped the floors and opened the windows...not sure how long I'll keep them open since it's about 33 degrees here, haha! Keeping her in my bedroom for now.

pearlpollard

Lairian
Thanks for the recommendations! I spoke with my breeder and she said to keep her in a room that has been untreated for 24 hours and scrub the floors in areas that have been treated/open windows and it should be fine by tomorrow.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I agree with @GoldHazel I would give the Vet a quick call.
But, unless he knows what the ingredients was, he probably
couldn't say for sure.
Since you mopped and raised the Windows, it will probably be alright.
Surely, he wouldn't just tell you it's pet safe and it not be. I hope.

pearlpollard

Lairian
I would hope not! The website also promises that it's pet safe. I didn't ask for ingredients...I should have. We rent so the landlord really wanted to spray...

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had this fight with my landlord; he wanted to put poison down for mice and was not impressed when I flat our refused!!

Good call on checking with the vet (and its 7 degrees here so I'd trade you in a heart beat :p)