Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

When will Athena have her babies?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I am not good at waiting so I figured I we should have A contest!!!! Who ever can guess the day Athena will have her babies will win A Sphynx Lair sticker! Rules are simple : just reply to this post with the date you think Athena will have her babies : you can pick the same day as someone else, if more than one guess the same day then there will be more than one winner! But only one guess per person please if you guess twice only the first guess will count. Remember hubby and I have talked about this on here so there are some hints but even we do not know the date until it comes! Best of luck to all!!!!:ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Since Brooke said July 6, I'm saying July 4. It's a shot in the dark. I really have no clue.

July 4 would be cool though, then you could name them like George Washington or Ben Franklin.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok loser that I am I actually sat down and tried to do the math. Only problem...I suck at math :Dizzy: So my guess is July 11th

Brooke

Banned
Well, just because I think it'd be cool to have patriotic kittens, I'll guess July 4rth

Yeah, I almost picked that day, too, just because of all the cool names you could give the kittens! Like ElGato said, you could give them names like George Washington...then I started thinking you could name them Liberty and Freedom, etc. OR, even better, you could call them Bottle Rocket, Firecracker, Cherry Bomb, & Sparkler!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Remember there's post on here somewhere giving good hints!, do a little research!, it's here some where!:Wink:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Athena had her first baby around 4:30 am! 2 out, 2 to go! 6:12 am now. So far both look like Leonidas. Will keep updated!:ThumbsUp::Laugh::Dizzy::Wink::Sweat:

Moonstone

Lairian
Athena had her first baby around 4:30 am! 2 out, 2 to go! 6:12 am now. So far both look like Leonidas. Will keep updated!:ThumbsUp::Laugh::Dizzy::Wink::Sweat:

youpiiiiiiii ! I was not so far finally !

I wish everything is ok for all of the 4 babies and the mom !
I'm very exciting and can't wait to see the pics !!!!!!
:Hysterical:

Have a good day, my thoughts are with you and Athena

Brooke

Banned
AWESOME!! :Celebrate:

But, ok, FREAKY. I had a dream last night that she had the kittens.
I am on this forum waaaay too much! :Whistle:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
4 healthy baby sphynx!:Wink:
Will post pics and video later, have video of last one coming out! Its a boy! and three girls.:ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's 4:35 p.m. and we are waiting for the last placenta to come out......urrrrrgh!
The vet says its ok ,we just need to see it come out and sometimes it can take awhile, so far babies are good, excited about the boy!:Wink:
We also got some news today on top of all this, a friend of ours has a friend who has a 1 year old Sphynx that needs to be re-homed due to possible allergy problems with her kid. So she was trying to sell the cat (Max) but did not have a lot of time or resources so we said we would take him for free worst case scenario, so we received a call back a few hours later and I think by the weekend we will have Max whom as far as description may be similar looking to Leo. No promises yet but sounds good.:ThumbsUp::Laugh:
pictures coming soon:ThumbsUp:....energy level low......:Dizzy:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Nice dream Brooke! I new it would be today when I came home to vomit all over yesterday, but didn't say just in case someone else guessed! I am very tired and waiting for this last part to come out! Thanks for all your good thoughts all!:Sweat::Cry::Sleep::Worn-out::Shok::Exclamation::Wink:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few pics....we named the male Benjamin Buttons....he looks like Benjemin when he was born! (you would have to have seen the movie!) The last picture is Benjamin Buttons with the mink color head!

Attachments

• CIMG0313.jpg
    CIMG0313.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 17
  • CIMG0316.jpg
    CIMG0316.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG0319.jpg
    CIMG0319.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG0340.jpg
    CIMG0340.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 17
  • CIMG0346.jpg
    CIMG0346.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 15
  • CIMG0343.jpg
    CIMG0343.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 13

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is so cool. It looked like one of the kitties was 25% white, one was 50% white and one was 75% white. I like it when each baby is a little different. Sure makes it easier to tell them apart. No ugly duckling in this bunch!

Back