Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

When would you recommend a vet visit?

pearlpollard

Lairian
Hey all!

My 6 month old girl, Pearl, seems a bit too sneezy to me. Her nose has been a little cold and wet also. No coughing or really watery eyes. No wheezing from which I can tell. Appetite and water intake is fine and energy level seems normal. She is given l-lysine everyday. She was treated for a URI in September. Could it be the change in the weather? I live in PA and the temp had really been varying here from upper 60s to the mid 20s. Could she be getting another URI so soon? She always has warm blankets, beds in front of the radiators and sweaters.

Any advice or similar experiences?

Timmy & the Twins

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When we first brought Timmy home he had an URI. We treated it but our vet said when the weather changes he may get a watery eye and sneeze a little. He said we needed to bring him in when the discharge (from eye or sneezes) changes color from clear or white to green, yellow or any other color.

He was 6 months when we got him and he is 4 now. It doesn't reoccur very often.

Hope that helps.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pearlpollard , could Pearl be sneezing from her litter?
Are you using unscented? Low dust? just a thought

My^Yoda cat^ used to sneeze from dustier scented litter

My 4 nakeds now use a low dust unscented
And no sneezing

pearlpollard

Lairian
I didn't really consider the litter. I've been using the same litter my breeder used since the beginning. I could try something else. I use arm and hammer clump and seal.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I live in NY so we have pretty similar weather. With the recent cold snap, we find the house is much drier (we have forced air) and even hubby and I find our noses stuffier this time of year. I usually watch eyes like a hawk and if there is a change in color of eye boogers looking greenish/yellow that is usually my indication of a URI/infection.

Patti

pearlpollard

Lairian
Her eye crusties are a brownish. That's how they've always been. That hasn't changed. And I haven't noticed any nose boogers or lots of snot when she sneezes. Maybe I'm being too paranoid?