Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Which stroller?

susi794

Staff member
I am currently attempting to buy a cat stroller from EBay and does anyone have any preferences as to which kind?
There's a three wheeled one or a four wheeled one. The three wheeled ones most of the time have a higher weight limit--how many cats would fit in the stroller comfortably at one time anyway?
Any opinions/advice would be welcome.
Thanks,
Susi and the cat gang

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I have a three wheeled one. Opens front and back. very stury.. could fit 3 big cats or 4 smaller ones.
102_4161.JPG

Brooke

Banned
This is the one I have. I could fit 3 cats in it. It holds up to 35 pounds, good quality, it was very easy to put together. I just don't recommend getting it in green - holy cow, it's embarrassingly bright neon green!! :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've got the same one as Brooke and I've had Meecho, my chihuhua Suki and my Pekapoo Noble all in it at once and they all had lost of room to move around and even lie down. I think with all of them in there it was a total of like 25 pounds but then you have to add all the crap you take with you like bottles of water, blankets, toys, sun block and snacks and well my purse which probably alone puts it at around 40 pounds:LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here's the stroller that I bought from e-bay. It's a three-wheel, but very sturdy and rolls easily over most terrain. I can fit all three of my cats in it easily, even my 12-lbs. Siamese male, but Piglet is the only one who enjoys riding in it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Purple-Larg...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item41414626bf

I love the purple color and that it has a large storage basket and drink holders! :ThumbsUp:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My mom brought ours home for the kitties one day. It is a 4 wheel but only holds 20lbs. I might of chosen something that would hold more weight but she was trying to do something nice for the grandkitties. I wondered about the double ones. I saw a side by side one that wasn't too wide. That would be good if some of the brats didn't get along with their siblings. (I was thinking of your girls Brooke)

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am broke, so I decided to go with a second hand human baby stroller. I figure if they are good enough for human babies then they are good enough for my Sphynx! I went with 3 wheels and "off roading" tires. It cost $10. I just attatch his harness to the seatbelt clip and off we go! Human baby strollers are well padded, have good sun/rain coverage, lots of storage pockets and are durable. They can also carry a lot of weight! Nofuratu especially likes the snack tray! I find it easier to sneak him into places in a human stroller as well. He also has a small human umbrella stroller for when we dont have a lot of space in the car but dont want to get stuck carrying him everywhere. This year he went "trick or treating" in his umbrella stroller and was quite comfy! Pictures of him "Strollering" on his blog www.nofuratu.blogspot.com "Adventures of a Naked Cat".

susi794

Staff member
My mom brought ours home for the kitties one day. It is a 4 wheel but only holds 20lbs. I might of chosen something that would hold more weight but she was trying to do something nice for the grandkitties. I wondered about the double ones. I saw a side by side one that wasn't too wide. That would be good if some of the brats didn't get along with their siblings. (I was thinking of your girls Brooke)

I found the double ones AFTER I won the darn auction on a single one! :Angry: I'd like to be able to take all mine (or at least most) at once. I got a bright blue one with three wheels and a rain cover for $41. with free shipping. Was that a decent price?

susi794

Staff member
I am broke, so I decided to go with a second hand human baby stroller. I figure if they are good enough for human babies then they are good enough for my Sphynx! I went with 3 wheels and "off roading" tires. It cost $10. I just attatch his harness to the seatbelt clip and off we go! Human baby strollers are well padded, have good sun/rain coverage, lots of storage pockets and are durable. They can also carry a lot of weight! Nofuratu especially likes the snack tray! I find it easier to sneak him into places in a human stroller as well. He also has a small human umbrella stroller for when we dont have a lot of space in the car but dont want to get stuck carrying him everywhere. This year he went "trick or treating" in his umbrella stroller and was quite comfy! Pictures of him "Strollering" on his blog www.nofuratu.blogspot.com "Adventures of a Naked Cat".

Good idea!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi: That is a great price! My mom prob paid twice that at Petco! I too am excited to get them out in it. I have left it out to get the cats used to it and Maizie has decided it is hers. When Jack tries to jump in she slaps the crap out of himLOL. No hissing or anything just letting him know it is HER ride.LOL

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

very cute :ThumbsUp: I follow you on blogspot:BigSmile:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Whoa! 60 pounds!! I could buy that and then I'd have an excuse to get some more cats!! :LOL:
This is the one I have to - Use it for my dogs, use it for my cats, I LOVE it! I have 2 of them now, one in pink, and one in red so I don't embarrase Oogie ROFL

Back