Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

White spots around neck???

Remy

Lairian
Hi all,

Any help would be much appreciated! My lovely boy Remy has come up with a lot of white spots around the sides and back of his neck and a few onto his front arms... I think it may be feline acne as he has always had a few blackheads on his chin but he absolutely hates to be washed so have struggled to keep it as clean as it should be. Also these spots look completely different to the blackheads, have attached a few pictures.
Any advice on what it might be and how to clear it up would be appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• 0F9389BA-1AF5-4336-AB43-DEB15C2905FB.jpeg
    0F9389BA-1AF5-4336-AB43-DEB15C2905FB.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 11E02F62-ADA9-40DD-9C36-AEA8682F3130.jpeg
    11E02F62-ADA9-40DD-9C36-AEA8682F3130.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 53

Yoda mom

Staff member
hugs n head smooches, @Remy ,when yo uget a chance, can you share the shampoo and bathing tips, will be helpful for other members and members in your area for products. thanks you!

Remy is precious!

Remy

Lairian
hugs n head smooches, @Remy ,when yo uget a chance, can you share the shampoo and bathing tips, will be helpful for other members and members in your area for products. thanks you!

Remy is precious!
He is a lovely little one

we’ve always struggled with bath time as I don’t have a bath tub, and he absolutely hates being wet, has done since being a kitten ‍♀️ I found a large rubber tub that I now fill in the shower cubicle, he does just jump straight out but is enclosed in the cubicle. I use a shampoo that I found on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07T8S7FH7?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

have always really struggled to find sphynx specific shampoo in the UK and this seems to do the job really well, without making his skin oilier

rather than putting him back in the tub again and again I use a flannel to give him a rub down with the shampoo and use a cup to rinse him off with water from the tub. Hope this helps!

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks rinsing the shampoo off will prevent pores from blocking and skin rashes from any residue you could try a baby bath I got mine from Ikea.

Back