Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

White spots under the skin

Alonasmommy

Lairian
Hello everybody,

My cat is 3 months old. Before we took it , she only ate orijen dry food. When we tried at first to make the food transition from advance to orijen dry food ( i hope i spell it corectly ) some red and white spots appeared on her skin. We went to the vet, she recommend some hipo allergic dry food and histamine control ( medication ) . It was ok a while but after the tratament was done , we start again to give her advance , the white spots appeared once again and here we are. At first she was very ok with advance dry food. The vet told us maybe is from her blanket or synthetic stuffs . We removed everything synthetic , we have baby solution for the floor . I really don’t know from what this is from. We took immune vitamins too for her. Maybe you will understand more from the pictures . We really need some advices. I will go to another vet on monday.

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Alonasmommy welcome to the lair family and happy Gotcha! I’d she name Alona? She is a cutie ...sorry she is having skin issues..
Here is a thread ..

Did she do okay on Orijen? If so perhaps switching her back to Orijen .

Some do have allergies to scented litters and even some are allergic to coconut oil

Did you talk with her breeder ? They are often a good source of info familar with their kitties ..

We even had kitties allergic to laundry detergent and fabric softener as well as certain shampoos

Members will certainly chime in

We all help each other on the journey

Keep us updated

jump in and enjoy this fun forendlt bunch with lots of pics amd tales of your sweetie

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Alonasmommy welcome to sphynxlair!
Oh those rashes our sphynxes have. It can be a tough job finding out what's causing it. Is it very hot in your country at the moment? If so, maybe it's a heat rash.
It could also be caused by detergent if she is covered under blankets or wears cloths.
Food is of course another posibility. Did she do well on the other food? If so is it possible to get her on that food again? If that's not possible, check the ingredients to see what's different to both foods to see what she can be allergic too. Some sphynx are allergic to chicken or grain (but also that do NOT well on kibbles without grain so no thruth in that).

Hope you can figure out what is causing the rash.