Welcome to Sphynx Lair, a community dedicated to Sphynx owners!

Who else shows thier sphynx or goes to cat shows?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was wondering who else shows thier sphynx at th shows?
I have been showing Cleo since last April.
I have shown her 4 times so far.
The first time was in kitten class.
The rest have been in Premiership.
They have all been CFA shows.
In about 3 weeks I will be showing her in TICA for the very first time.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm going to my first cat show with Meecho this Saturday but I have no intention of showing her. I don't have the patience or drive to show her, plus knowing my luck they would be bending down to get a good look at her and she would sneeze snot all over their faces :LOL: I am excited about the cat show this weekend though. I've never been to anything like this and I'm hoping there will be a photographer there who is taking pictures. I would love some professional pictures of Meecho so I am going prepared with some of her more dressy outfits. Also it's a good time to find more crap to buy her that she doesn't want or need :Laugh:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is that the Capital City CFA show you are going to?
http://www.nationalcapitalcatshow.com/ncentry.htm
One of the judges that gave Cleo a final last week is at that show.
I wanted to shop at the Hayward show but by the time I got a chance everything was closed.
Are you sure you can bring her in to the show?
They do not allow that here.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
here is the info:

September 12 - 13

Show Hours:
Saturday 9:30am-5:00pm
Sunday 9:30am-4:00pm

Admission:
$8.00 Adults; $5.00 Children under 12 and Senior 60 and over;
$24.00 Family of 4
National Capital Cat Show

One of the Largest Cat Shows in the United States. Spend two days visiting with more than 500 cats. Vendors galore offer cat products, jewelry, food, and artwork. Saturday will feature a house-hold pet show with local cats. Sunday will feature a parade of breeds.

Phone: None

I'm pretty sure I can take her since there will be the household pet show. I might enter her in that just for kicks but I doubt it.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can not enter her now the closing date was Sept 6th.
HHPS have to be benched just like the show cats.
You could have put her as a exibition but Sept 6th has passed.
If i lived over there I would have entered Cleo. I suggest you call them and ask if you can bring her into the show.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I want to show kreacher, but I wouldn't even know where to start....

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can explain how to show to you.
What do you want to show in?
What questions do you have about showing?
I can teach you how to feel the entry form out.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I can explain how to show to you.
What do you want to show in?
What questions do you have about showing?
I can teach you how to feel the entry form out.
Sweet :)

well my questions are:
I live in Southeastern, GA..is there anywhere near here that I can show him at?
Can I show him if he is Nuetered?
Are there certain specs to the species he has to have?
Is it expensive?
What paperwork is involved, and where do you get the paperwork?
Does he have to have a "Specific" Personality?
what categories are there to show him in?

Thats all i can think of right now...lol sorry there's so many questions. but I really am clueless about it. I really appreciate the help :)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes you can show neutered cats.
Cleo is spayed.
Here are the shows coming up in TICA and CFA
http://ticamembers.org/calendar/index.htm
http://www.cfa.org/exhibitors/show-schedule.html
Where did you get him from?
That would help.
Does he have reg pappers.
It cost different prices depeding on how many days you show.
Cleo hisses at judges sometimes and I said sorry.
They said do not worry about it.
A cat can be very friendly at home and be crazy at the shows.
I saw some very crazy cats last sunday.
I will tell you when you give me the answers to those questions.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We did go to the show in Wildwood when we where away, I never told you about it but it was (I think A bit small) They had 1 Sphynx and maybe 40-50 other cats (I think I was expecting more) They had some vendors but the only thing I bought was not cat related at all? I am glad we went, except for the fact that when we left our 11 year old daughter was begging for A persian:Angry::Sweat::Hysterical: no way we told her! At least she has moved on from that and now wants A bald rat? KIDS!!!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We did go to the show in Wildwood when we where away, I never told you about it but it was (I think A bit small) They had 1 Sphynx and maybe 40-50 other cats (I think I was expecting more) They had some vendors but the only thing I bought was not cat related at all? I am glad we went, except for the fact that when we left our 11 year old daughter was begging for A persian:Angry::Sweat::Hysterical: no way we told her! At least she has moved on from that and now wants A bald rat? KIDS!!!
:LOL: I tried to find a bald rat too :Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
two months ago I would have jumped at the chance, but now I'm a little over it. Besides I might get kicked out if I brought another rodent in the house. I remember when I had five mice and they thought they were hamsters until one day they really looked in the cage :LOL: the faces were priceless, but I was given one week to find them a new home :Cry:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
my sister ha 2 rats she needs to get rid of.
They sell bald rats here also.

I used to have a bald rat named Agnes. She was awesome! I paid $2 for her, and then she got a tumor that cost me $85 to have surgically removed. She was trained to sit, shake and lay down and used to love going for rides on my dog's back!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes you can show neutered cats.
Cleo is spayed.
Here are the shows coming up in TICA and CFA
http://ticamembers.org/calendar/index.htm
http://www.cfa.org/exhibitors/show-schedule.html
Where did you get him from?
That would help.
Does he have reg pappers.
It cost different prices depeding on how many days you show.
Cleo hisses at judges sometimes and I said sorry.
They said do not worry about it.
A cat can be very friendly at home and be crazy at the shows.
I saw some very crazy cats last sunday.
I will tell you when you give me the answers to those questions.

I got him from a breeder in Tampa, FL, and no he didn't dome with reg paper, she just said all her kittens were "Show" quality. i guess i didn't really know any better. How would I get Registration papers?

Lol I guess you have to kind of expect hissing when your at a cat show. He hisses at the vet when i take him in, but it's takes like like 5 seconds to get over it.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Omg the breeder should have given you the blue slip.
You better ask the breeder for the blue slip.
Pm me and I will explain how to get the papers.
Also tell me who the breeder was in a pm.
I hope the breeder is not who i think it might be.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I used to have a bald rat named Agnes. She was awesome! I paid $2 for her, and then she got a tumor that cost me $85 to have surgically removed. She was trained to sit, shake and lay down and used to love going for rides on my dog's back!
That is so cool. The coolest thing my hamsters and mice could do was escape from their aquariums and to steal and hide my stuff :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Today Meecho went to her first cat show. No I didn't show her but she had a blast anyways. Well except for the time I stupidly tried to get her picture taken :LOL: After the show and all the attention she got there she was completely pooped. She went straight to her car seat and passed out. Here's a picture, it's a little blurry because I was laughing so hard. I've never heard her snore that loud before. :LOL: I hope the photographer was able to get some good pictures. I'll post some once they come in.

Attachments

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How did you like the show?
She looks tired and is cute.
Cleo is always tired after the shows.
Doyou want to try to show her?

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
How did you like the show?
She looks tired and is cute.
Cleo is always tired after the shows.
Doyou want to try to show her?
Naw we went there mostly to meet the photographer to get professional pictures and to shop :Laugh: I have no intention of showing her although I was approached by a few people who said I should. The people I really enjoyed meeting were from fairfax pet on wheels. They were REALLY pushing to get Meecho and that made me feel so good. They said she was perfect for this kind of thing and were actually arguing with each other because they each wanted her to be at their location:LOL: I got all the info and will go for orientation as soon as I can.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Naw we went there mostly to meet the photographer to get professional pictures and to shop :Laugh: I have no intention of showing her although I was approached by a few people who said I should. The people I really enjoyed meeting were from fairfax pet on wheels. They were REALLY pushing to get Meecho and that made me feel so good. They said she was perfect for this kind of thing and were actually arguing with each other because they each wanted her to be at their location:LOL: I got all the info and will go for orientation as soon as I can.
That's awesome, Kallie....I knew that if you got in contact with the Pets on Wheels people, they would fall in love with Meecho :ThumbsUp: just like the Denver Pet Partners folks here have with Piglet. When I look at Meecho's picture now, it just amazes me how Siamese-like she looks...she looks she could be a hairless relative of one of my Siamese cats (especially Sydney my chocolate point!).

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's awesome, Kallie....I knew that if you got in contact with the Pets on Wheels people, they would fall in love with Meecho :ThumbsUp: just like the Denver Pet Partners folks here have with Piglet. When I look at Meecho's picture now, it just amazes me how Siamese-like she looks...she looks she could be a hairless relative of one of my Siamese cats (especially Sydney my chocolate point!).
I agree it is weird how much she looks like a siamese. While we were waiting to get her pictures taken a lady with a siamese stood in line behind me and I had to do a double take because it looked like Meecho when she had her hair. It's funny because people first think she is a siamese and then they realize she's missing something really important....her hair:LOL: I've always loved siamese cats but I was kinda traumatized as a child by that stupid lady and the tramp movie. So as much as I wanted one all I would hear was that song and think about how evil they were. Now having Meecho I can have one without having one :Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree it is weird how much she looks like a siamese. While we were waiting to get her pictures taken a lady with a siamese stood in line behind me and I had to do a double take because it looked like Meecho when she had her hair. It's funny because people first think she is a siamese and then they realize she's missing something really important....her hair:LOL: I've always loved siamese cats but I was kinda traumatized as a child by that stupid lady and the tramp movie. So as much as I wanted one all I would hear was that song and think about how evil they were. Now having Meecho I can have one without having one :Laugh:
Awww, as such as I love the "Lady & the Tramp" movie, it sure gave Siamese cats a bad rap. Siamese are actually very loving cats who are not mean at all. They are very attached and quite loyal to their person (all Siamese have their one preferred person). Meecho has the best of both worlds, though...she has the Siamese look combined with the Sphynx hairlessness and personality! :Wink:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My 17.5 year old Coco is half siamese.
Her mom was a seal point siamese.
I got her because all the siamese looking kittens were gone.
Coco was the only kitten left because she is black and white.