Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

"Who let that cat in?"

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The crew, hanging out in their favorite place (on the side of the wood burner), watching... Squeaky.
06-11-2019 - IMG_3208-Export.jpg

...who is asleep next to the living room table...
06-11-2019 - IMG_3214-Export.jpg

It's been raining hard for the past 4 weeks here, only 2-3 days with a little sunshine in between (never long) and in the past week or so, Squeaky has plucked up the courage to come inside. She will only come in if I'm on my own. Even though she knows Dave well, if he's in the living room, she doesn't come in. He's been staying in Ger the past 2 months, because he's rebuilding a house over there, so I'm on my own here atm. (Don't panic, I go to see people, and people come to see me regularly.)
It's actually working out, sort of, because the nasty ginger tom is back, fighting Squeaky off her food and generally beating her up. So she gets to eat inside now, and chill out in front of the fire in the evening.
Of course, the BEST spots are usually occupied lol.
06-11-2019 - IMG_3217-Export.jpg

If they aren't hanging out next to the fire, they are either on the tall drum near it, or on the bean bag in front of it.
I honestly don't know who finds the wood burner more relaxing -- they or me. :p

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The crew, hanging out in their favorite place (on the side of the wood burner), watching... Squeaky.
View attachment 96150
...who is asleep next to the living room table...
View attachment 96151

It's been raining hard for the past 4 weeks here, only 2-3 days with a little sunshine in between (never long) and in the past week or so, Squeaky has plucked up the courage to come inside. She will only come in if I'm on my own. Even though she knows Dave well, if he's in the living room, she doesn't come in. He's been staying in Ger the past 2 months, because he's rebuilding a house over there, so I'm on my own here atm. (Don't panic, I go to see people, and people come to see me regularly.)
It's actually working out, sort of, because the nasty ginger tom is back, fighting Squeaky off her food and generally beating her up. So she gets to eat inside now, and chill out in front of the fire in the evening.
Of course, the BEST spots are usually occupied lol.
View attachment 96152
If they aren't hanging out next to the fire, they are either on the tall drum near it, or on the bean bag in front of it.
I honestly don't know who finds the wood burner more relaxing -- they or me. :p
So sweet of you to make sure Squeaky gets a full belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sweet of you to make sure Squeaky gets a full belly.
Of course. :)
If that ginger tom weren't so mean... but he already attacked me once, digging claws and teeth into my ankle as I walked back from the car (in slippers!), and for a while I thought it's a doctor's appointment. It was pretty bad. No reason whatsoever. I got something out of the car, and on the way back... whammo.
I'm not a mean person, but if I could get hold of him, I'd get rid of him. He's mean to everything, and I worry for my little chickens.
I did hose him down, and he took off and didn't return all summer. Thought I'd driven him off.... but likely whoever owns him (he's not feral, or he'd take off when he sees me) was back and feeding him, and has now gone away again. (There are a lot of holiday homes in the area, that get closed up for winter.)
So now he's back to beating up Squeaky.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Squeaky is such a sweetheart. And so brave for entering the home of 4 girls.
Oh how could we worry about you? We know you have company of 4 cats, 2 horses and 4 chickens. I think that's quit a busy social life!!:)

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Squeaky is such a sweetheart. And so brave for entering the home of 4 girls.
Oh how could we worry about you? We know you have company of 4 cats, 2 horses and 4 chickens. I think that's quit a busy social life!!:)
Agreed! I get just as much out of the company of animals as I do of people. It’s just different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro