Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Whoops....

MikkiJean

Lairian
So I was in a hurry to leave for rehearsal tonight (I teach high school band), and I guess the bedroom door didn't get shut quite all the way, which separates Louis and Lexi. Needless to say, four hours later I came home to find them both in the bedroom unharmed.

Although, it does seem that Louis was bullying Lexi and eating her food. At least there are no bite or scratch marks and definitely no blood.

I decided since they were already together to leave them as such and heard hissing from the other room. I did separate them when we went to dinner though and they will remain separated for sleeping tonight. This is such a positive change though, I am excited.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
That's good news! I'm glad they are getting along!

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hoooorrraaaaaaaayy!!!! thats fab news hopefully they will carry on the growing bond and then you will have two kitties that get along with no worries :ThumbsUp:xxx

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
you'll have the joy of hearing the 'slap' fights soon!:Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds like Louie and Lexi are making steps in the right direction on their own. Maybe you could start leaving them for short periods of time.

susi794

Staff member
Now that they aren't drawing blood, I'd let them be together while you are there to supervise--I'd only seperate if you were gone. They need a chance to determine the social order and to learn to like each other....

MikkiJean

Lairian
Now that they aren't drawing blood, I'd let them be together while you are there to supervise--I'd only seperate if you were gone. They need a chance to determine the social order and to learn to like each other....
We left them together last night until we went to bed. I'm leaving town this weekend and my SO won't be here very often so they can be together. Hopefully for at least a few hours though, and if not I hope there are no set backs come sunday or monday.

you'll have the joy of hearing the 'slap' fights soon!:Smile:
Unfortunately for Louis the poor kid doesn't have front claws.... so Lexi definitely has the advantage here. But he's about twice the size as her!

I am glad to hear they are starting to get to know one another and no one is drawing blood.

I do love the slap fights! Love the sound their paws make against the naked skin as they smack each other around!