Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Who's winning?

Ella_B

Lairian
Miss Berlin and I are just not seeing eye to eye today. First she decided to wake me up at 04:30am. She sleeps just outside my room, but I keep the door shut so she won't jump me (or my cat-nervous boyfriend) in my sleep. Occasionally when she wakes up in the morning, she'll mew outside my door (usually around 6am), but if I ignore it she stops after a few minutes. Not lately though - and she's waking up earlier and earlier. Today, after 20 frustrating minutes listening to her "calling" me I just had to get up so she'd stop. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

She must have thought I was exacting my revenge when I bathed her after getting up (even though I just wanted her to look spiffy for her visit to the vet and because her butt smelled like the Bog of Eternal Stench). Today, for the first time, she tried to escape from the bath and scratched my arms up in the process. Needless to say, by the time she was clean, we were both half-drowned and not too keen on each other.

And then the vet visit - Berlin got chipped today! Little girl was not impressed by the giant needle it took to get her chipped though. She got very angry and vocal about it and proceeded to be very nasty to the vet, his nurse and to me. Her revenge since we got home: as I type this, she is sitting on my desk, chewing on my pens and farting in a most offensive way. I'm too nervous to turn my back, haha! :Dizzy:

P.S. Berlin was weighed at the vet - tiny girl weighs 5.7 lbs. She's a petite little thing.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
She sounds healthy! She will soon forget her ordeal!:Surprise::ThumbsUp:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We all have bad days. I lol-ed so hard when you said she was chewing your pens and farting! Abby gets mad at me daily now cause I have to give her her allergy meds almost daily (happens every winter) she runs away everytime i go near her. Funny thing though when I shake her treats she comes running! lol! Well it's ok because I know she secretly loves me:Wink:

Ella_B

Lairian
Berlin knows her butt is her secret weapon. If I'm feeling cuddly and she isn't and she tries to wriggle away from me, if I don't let go of her fast enough she'll deliberately fart on me. Sometimes her farts smell like popcorn, but not in a good way. :ThumbsDown: :LOL:

Gizzymom

Banned
I have never had this problem, as there is NO way I could lock Gizzy out of my room. He sleeps with me every night and I would not have it any other way. She is probably lonely in the morning and wants some company. Maybe you should try leaving the door open - It is possible that she will just crawl into bed with you in the morning and let you sleep.:Smile:

Bella07

Banned
Miss Berlin and I are just not seeing eye to eye today. First she decided to wake me up at 04:30am. She sleeps just outside my room, but I keep the door shut so she won't jump me (or my cat-nervous boyfriend) in my sleep.

Well, I'd just kick the boyfriend out of the bed. There, problem solved! :LOL: Now she can sleep with you. Some may not agree with me on that one though :Wink: Berlin is so cute and pretty. Good Luck with her!

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I'd just kick the boyfriend out of the bed. There, problem solved! :LOL: Now she can sleep with you. Some may not agree with me on that one though :Wink: Berlin is so cute and pretty. Good Luck with her!

That seems like the logical thing to do:ThumbsUp:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
yikes!... sounds like an eventful day
Hope tomorrow is better! :)

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We all have bad days. I lol-ed so hard when you said she was chewing your pens and farting! Abby gets mad at me daily now cause I have to give her her allergy meds almost daily (happens every winter) she runs away everytime i go near her. Funny thing though when I shake her treats she comes running! lol! Well it's ok because I know she secretly loves me:Wink:

Greenies also makes Pill Pockets, you can put pills inside a little treat for the kitty. I keep some in my freezer just in case Pedda gets sick and needs pills. They're so easy to use!

JacksMom

Banned

I second that! Ha! My Jack sleeps with me every night and I am sure if I locked him out, he would so not be happy!

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
same here on my side. spencer sleeps with us (me and husband) he sleeps between us and if my husband tells him to move he just gets on top of one of us and sleeps. if he wants attention and thinks we have slept too long he takes his paw and bats my face ever so gently until i wake up.

TotenEngel

Banned
Whenever I complain about having had a bad nights sleep due to kitty infestation, people say 'well, shut them out the bedroom' I know then I'd sleep just as badly listening to them howling/scratching at the door to get in!! lol
I'll stick with the cramps/crooked neck/twisted spine instead!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
A little late on this thread but I hope Berlin has forgotten her torment the other day. We all have "off" days. I went through a stint with my kitties waking me way too early in the mornings,,,incorporate play time before bed,,give her a good work out, maybe she will sleep better. This works most times for me, not always. My boyfriend just picked up 1st shift and we have to get up at 4:30am to get him off to work and his son off to school so now the cats schedules are all messed up again.

Its always something! lol

ktate88

Banned
I am familiar with these antics! Niles farts when you pick him up sometimes...don't know if I squeeze him or its from him wriggling to get away and he lets one go.

Does Berlin wear clothes? Check out my thread "Great shirt for sphynx owners" Niles is getting one when they are back in stock!

if he wants attention and thinks we have slept too long he takes his paw and bats my face ever so gently until i wake up.

Could I borrow Spencer to teach Niles gentleness? He purrs loudly and then bites my nose!!! He used to be gentle by licking my nose or breathing in my ear, now he bites! :Hysterical:

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Could I borrow Spencer to teach Niles gentleness? He purrs loudly and then bites my nose!!! He used to be gentle by licking my nose or breathing in my ear, now he bites! :Hysterical:

sure! come borrow him haha.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I could not imagine sleeping without my cats......I just couldn't. My hubby likes them too, as it creates a lot of warmth for everyone and the purrs are really soothing too. Good thing we have a king size bed! :BigSmile: