Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Why they love laundry...

bellasmom

Banned
I have two stories...
A friend of mine came over to pick me up at my house and saw Bella for the first time ever... she ooohh and ahhh and we left and went to craft store to pick up things for a work project. Well while we were browsing she started talking about Bella again and said "I guess I just didnt expect her to have a pot belly like that..." and this lady that was down the way a little bit who I have never seen before with her husband asked "Do you have a sphynx??!!" I was super surprised :Surprise: and said "Yea I do..." and she then shouts "I knew it!! As soon as I heard you guys talking about pot bellies! We all laughed :LOL::LOL:and then she asked if mine was girl or a boy, I said girl and she said mine too and then asked her age, and I said almost 5 and she said mine too and finally she asked what is her name and I said Bella and she yelled "OMG MINE TOO" We laughed some more and showed each other pictures and surprisingly they did not look alike. :LOL: Anyway just thought I would share this story I dont know any other sphynx owners in my area I thought it was funny.

Also I was doing laundry the other day and I guess Bella thought I needed some help...

Folding clothes while they are still warm from the dryer... and she jumps in
rsz_bella_in_dryer1.jpg
rsz_bella_in_dryer2.jpg

Putting away towels and sheets in the linen closet...
user1598_pic8882_1293514971.jpg

New load is done! After finding all the odd socks (i hate that part!!) I find this...
rsz_bella_in_the_dryer3.jpg
rsz_bella_in_the_dryer4.jpg

SN: I finally got a new 2011 planner and my boyfriend was looking though it and got upset because I had Bella's Birthday marked but not HIS!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just thought I'd share some stories... I hope everyone has a good week!

Gizzymom

Banned
LOVE the laundry pics!!! She is so cute!! Like... "what? Is there a problem?":LOL:

And the lady in the store... WEIRD coincidence!!!:Dizzy:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
When I do laundry I swear they run upstairs to try to sit in the cloths for as long as they can before I put them away.

susi794

Staff member
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the pics of your baby in the dryer. Please don't EVER let them think it's ok to get in there. Iknow a couple of people who accidently killed their cats in the dryer--the cats had snuck in and had burrowed under the warm clothes--they weren't dry and they pushed the button again...dryers are bad places to let them get comfortable with. PLEASE don't let them in there....and ALWAYS assume they are in it before you close the door and start it up.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well what DID her Bella look like? Tell her you have to have pics for your lair friends, lol. :Laugh:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a crazy coincidence. That made me crack up about the POT BELLY. I loved the pics - the last two are great with the sun shining on her.:BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's a pretty cool story- what are the odds? Bella looks like mommy's little helper:BigSmile: Our washer & dryer are out in the garage but as soon as that laundry basket comes in- wooosh she is there like a laundry ninja:LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow what are the chances??? You should play the lotter this week or something!
The pics in the dryer are adorable but they also gave me a slight heart attack!
I agree with Suzi...I am paranoid with Nofuratu around the washer and dryer!!
I have 3 teens and lecture them about leaving the door open, and checking for the cat!
We have a stackable though and the dryer is on top so Nofur doesnt know what he's missing and just sticks with the hamper of hot clothes.

sphynxluvr

Lairian
I agree. Dryer is a NO! NO!!! Wait till they are in the basket and then cuddle away. Plus it gives me a GREAT EXCUSE for not putting the LAUNDRY AWAY!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL: SHHHHH!!!! It's our little secret!!:Wink::Wink::Wink:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Who would have guessed the shared recognition would have been over pot bellies rather than hairlessness, big ears, or long tails. What a great story. Gleek also has a thing for my linen closet. There is something about a stack of towels that he couldnt resist. One of our previous boys, Tanker, used to come crying to me when the dryer timer would go off. He loved warm laundry.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is great!! Merlin follows me when I bring a basket upstairs and I dump it on the bed and he gets to nest in a big pile of hot laundry.
Sometimes if I forget a load and it comes upstairs already cold he looks so disappointed.
:ThumbsDown:

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for sharing the stories! The pot-belly thing is so true! Lilo is 3 1/2 months old and already has a belly...guess it's not just a kitty thing, lol. :LOL:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a coincidence to meet another sphynx owner in a store! I hope you told her about us!

Susi, thanks for the warning about dryers. I too know of a couple kitties that have been killed exactly as you described (thank goodness they weren't mine). As soon as the done buzzer goes off Pedda dances in front of it and fusses until I take the hot stuff out and dump it on the bed. She's been trained so that she doesn't get in the dryer but I don't totally trust her and have made a habit of never closing the dryer door unless I'm looking at her.

Back