Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Why wont they use it????

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Some of you guys know that Freya has a pink fuzzy bed up on the catwalk that she LOVES (loved) she could be found in there almost 24/7 (see attached pic) anytime another cat got close to it, she would his and make her vampire face to send em running. Well, it obviously got dirty from so much use, so I took out the removable pad, washed it and put it back. No problemo, right?? WRONG!:Surprise: Not only has Freya not been back in it since, but I have watched 2 other cats this morning walk up to it, peek inside, and go the other way! What is going on?:Dizzy: I guess it'll stay clean now, but it has been a week and not one cat has gone inside. Iam at a loss.

Oh, and I washed it in cold water, with no soap.

007-9.jpg

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a shame! That s wierd! I reckon putting something in it that smells of her sounds like a good idea? They are fickle little creatures arn't they! Mo has taken to sleeping in the spare room on my faux fur jacket just recently, thats where you'll find him!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Did you air dry it or dry it in the dryer and if so did you use dryer sheets?? If you air dryed it maybe it has a mildew smell?? I don't know. It obviously doesn't smell the same and thats why they arent using it. I would try using a small blanket they may have and putting it in there. When I first brought snuffie home I bought her a fleece blanket and I cut it into 2ft x 3 ft squares,,so she has like 6 or 8 small blankeys,,shes never fussed when I washed them and I always just throw them in the wash with our towels. I never gave it a second thought. Guess I lucked out cuz she never turned her nose up at them. Goodluck tho! Keep us posted!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Tried the nip, and putting her blankie in it, no luck. I dried it in the dryer with dryer sheets......I think i am gonna take the pad out and just put the blanket in. The funny thing is I wash her blankies all the time and she has no issue with it. curiouser and curiouser, lol

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Tried the nip, and putting her blankie in it, no luck. I dried it in the dryer with dryer sheets......I think i am gonna take the pad out and just put the blanket in. The funny thing is I wash her blankies all the time and she has no issue with it. curiouser and curiouser, lol

Maybe she's just mad cuz you messed with her stuff! lol I don't know. Hope she gets over it so your hard work in getting the bed up there doesnt go to waste!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What is really weird is why are the other cats not jumping at the chance to get in the "forbidden bed"

J

Jinxlover

You cant wash it silly...They are never the same after you wash them, for some reason the dirt makes them more comfy!!!!!

I washed Blueberries cat bed and she has not been on it once. :LOL:

So let me get this straight....

My nice clean blankets and sheets that I just take out of the dryer are good, hence the reason I cannot finish making the bed until Sphynx are done rolling in them. However, cat bad must not be cleaned but left dirty, stinky and grease-stained or Sphynx will not lie it.

Makes sense as to why the old dirty purple bed that I washed has not been used since. Not once. New bed gets used all the time but that has yet to be washed. It needs to be washed too! I guess I will just leave it all dirty. Ugh nasty Street Sphynx bed.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So let me get this straight....

My nice clean blankets and sheets that I just take out of the dryer are good, hence the reason I cannot finish making the bed until Sphynx are done rolling in them. However, cat bad must not be cleaned but left dirty, stinky and grease-stained or Sphynx will not lie it.

Makes sense as to why the old dirty purple bed that I washed has not been used since. Not once. New bed gets used all the time but that has yet to be washed. It needs to be washed too! I guess I will just leave it all dirty. Ugh nasty Street Sphynx bed.
Yep, the only sphynx approved option is to buy brand new beds every other week!:Surprise:

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
maybe they dont like your laundry detergent? I cant wash anything at my dads because he uses this WRETCHED laundry detergent. I only use laundry detergent on towels and sheets and maybe once every 6th laundry day. Theres usually a ton stuck in the washer anyway and some days I just cant handle the smell. Maybe the kitties noses are sensitive to it as well?

Maybe try some kitty treats in it since the catnip didnt work?

Back