Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wish us the best of luck!

PitRottMommy

Banned
I'm asking everyone to wish Brogan good luck on our competition October 24th, 2009 at the International Championships through the American Pulling Alliance. We have a little over two weeks and we're making our final strides toward getting Brogan ready for the first biggest competition of his life.

For those of you that don't know: Brogan is one of my rescued American Pitbull Terriers. He is almost 3 and is a titled weightpull dog. I rescued Brogan from euthanasia (and then parvo) at a young age. Brogan's best pull in 2009 was just shy of 4000 pounds. In just 2 weeks, Brogan will be competing against the best dogs in the world. He's come from the bottom all the way to the top in less than 1.5 years. Rumor has it that Brogan's the dog to watch this year at Championships. And we're going to show everyone what a discarded, unwanted, rescued pitbull can do. Please, everyone, wish my boy the best of luck. He deserves it!

Brogan and I between rounds in Paul's Valley, Oklahoma:
BroNails.jpg

Brogan taking 1st both days and body pound:
proud.jpg

Brogan taking 3rd place at King of the Rails in Dewey, Oklahoma pulling 3810#: http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/essaysinglemeye/?action=view&current=100_9896.flv

Brooke

Banned
Go Brogan!! I know he'll do great! :ThumbsUp: :Laugh:

Where is the competition?
Make sure you let us know how it goes!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Purina Farms: It's Grey Summit, Missouri. It's almost 400 miles from our home.

Brogan knows something is up. We're working four times a week: two at a fellow puller's house on Tuesdays and Saturdays and we're dragging weights in the backyard on Thursdays and on Sundays were using our own track at home. He's such a strong boy, you'd never think that much power could possibly be packed into a 45 pound body. lol.

sheryl

Lairian
Wow....Brogan is a GORGEOUS boy. And how awesome that you rescued him. I'm so sick of the bad rap that Pitts get. I had two Chows, and it was the same story - until people actually met Bubba & Gunner. I work at a vet clinic, and we have some Pitts that come in - every single one of them are sweethearts! Pitt Bulls are my vet's favorite breed :) Did I read that right? 4000lbs???? WOW. That's amazing!
Will be waiting anxiously to hear how he does!!!
Sheryl

CoolSphynx

Lairian
G*O*O*D L*U*C*K THIS WEEKEND TO BROGAN & SAMI!!!!!!

What a beautiful, hunky ManDog! I cannot believe how strong he is! And what a cute face. I'm so happy he found such a great forever home and that he's sending such a POSITIVE message about rescues, pitties, and shear hard work with all his success! You're both champions no matter what the final results are this weekend. :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words! We leave tomorrow morning for the 12 hour trip.

I've compiled a list of Brogan's achievements for 2009, in case anyone might be interested:

13 weight pull events across Oklahoma and in Missouri
6 first place events
1 second place event
2 third place events
4 “most weight pulled per pound†(2 trophies)
4 “most weight pulled, under 60#†(2 plaques)
Placed 4th for King of the Rails, in the Midwest
Obtained 271.5 (of 280.5) points this year, placing him 2nd in points achieved for 2009 in the 50 pound class. He now ranks 7th highest in points achieved in the APA in the 50 pound class. He ranks at 81st for most points achieved in ANY class EVER in the APA (over 3000 dogs).

Brogan's heaviest pull of the season was in Dewey, Oklahoma on March 21st, 2009 of 3810 pounds. He weighed 47 pounds. (Video in original post)

Brogan's most successful pull of the season was on July 31st, 2009. Brogan placed first, of 8 dogs, and added 37 points to his achievements.

Brogan started the season as “Brogan†Mieir. He is now Star 2 “Brogan†Mieir and will, after finishing at Championships, receive his 3rd title, Star 3. He is also an R5-Extreme puller (awarded to dogs who consistently pull 60 times their weight at competitions).

I'll let you know how we did this weekend late Saturday or early Sunday--whenever I have internet access!

Last edited by a moderator:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Brogan is now ranked 5th Internationally in the APA.

He was beat only by dogs that were either current or past reigning champions in either the APA or another pulling organization.
We're SO proud of him.

And a picture of Brogan working his little fanny off! Look at that boy go!: http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/essaysinglemeye/WorkHard.jpg

I must commend Brogan. I had worn my regular clothes, 3 shirts, a pull over AND coveralls...and I was STILL cold. Brogan got out there and worked regardless of the temperature.

Here's a video of one of our better pulls. Brogan fouled out on a cart weight of 4027 pounds, nearly 92 times his weight. http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/essaysinglemeye/?action=view&current=1goodpull.flv

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow he is amazing in action! Congrats on ranking 5th! I don't know how he does it but he looks great out there :ThumbsUp:.

saintbabby

Lairian
isnt anyone else SO happy to see that pit bulls are getting publicity for something other than a dog-fighting bust? this is so great that this pup is getting so much positive attention for accomplishing some pretty cool stuff. You must be so so proud! congratuations on having such a great dog.

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Who's da man?!

BROGAN!!!!

We're all so proud of your tough guy, Sami! Thanks for posting the video-- it made me teary, knowing his background. Congrats to you both on your success!

dog1.gif

susi794

Staff member
Wow! What a beautiful animal and a testimony to what love can do. This whole thing made me cry--what an ambassador he is for his breed and for rescues in particular. Hats off to you both for your amazing achievements--but especially for this boy's gigantic heart--he must love you very much to work so hard for you. :ThumbsUp: BRAVO!

Back