Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Witching Hour

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK I can't sleep because of "CATS GONE WILD" - yes it sounds like PAWS OF THUNDER AT THIS MOMENT. I want to know what other members do during their cat's "Witching Hour".:Dizzy:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just sit back and watch as Nudie and the dogs go tearing through the house. I can't stop them so I might as well watch and type on the lair:BigSmile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I sleep thru it. I have myself trained to the point that I can (and did, just last month) sleep through a 120' tree being sawed down outside my bedroom. Sleeping through kitty noise is a piece of cake.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ha-ha, I get my iPhone ready to record funnies and watch the chaos ensue with 2 dogs and 3 cats racing around the house :Cool: They don't typically get the crazies at bed time. I turn off the lights and hubby and I go to bed and if the animals aren't already camped out on the bed, they all descend upon it very soon. I would just roll over and go to sleep. :ThumbsUp:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just wait, it's usually around 11pm till Midnight when the two nakeds decide it's time to play :LOL: I swear they know we :LOL: want to go to bed and its just no okay with them

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They always do that for an hour just when I am going to sleep because normally before I go to bed they are on me sleeping while I watch a movie or something. So when it's time for me to sleep they are ready to go bonkers.

I can sleep through any noise though so I just smile and go to sleep. However when they are done playing Darwin comes to bed and if he cant get under the covers by my head he bites my nose to wake me up and let him in. :Woo:
And if I forgot to fill up on dry food before I go to bed they wake me up in the early AM's also. I rarelly forget that though.

Sleep well. :)

TotenEngel

Banned
Wawww! Smeagol had one last night.. he came back from the vets at 3.40pm and slept all the way through... until we went to bed. My alarm was due to go off at 4.45am and at around 11pm it all started!
Up on the kitchen sides (where he knows he is not allowed!) therefore setting off the alarm on our cooker.. after that had gone off 3 times daddy went and bought him to bed, but no, none of that, he then went charging into the bathroom (next to our bedroom) and started running laps in the bath and all this when I have to be up in less than 5 hours :(

Generally we have playtime around 10pm in the evening so when it comes to bed time everyone is sleepy!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm lucky - my kitties start their playtime around 10pm- go nuts for an hour and by 11pm when we crawl into bed they come running in after us for snuggles! Its heavenly - flannel sheets and warm naked purring babies. Love it!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great responses. It is a general consensus that everyone just deals with it in their own way. :LOL::LOL::LOL: