Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

With Heavy Hearts...Need to find a furrever home

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Its been awhile since ive been on here and I never thought I would be making a post like this buuut here goes.
I was just diagnosed with severe allergies to cats, I am devastated.
I cannot imagine my life without my Pete, Phil, and Daisy.
I am located in Alberta, Canada.

Pete is “red” and is 3, Phil and Daisy are 2 and are grey in color
Pete and Daisy have some health issues (NOT HCM RELATED)
Pete has asthma but its very mild, and Daisy has feline herpes but its treated with prescribed eyedrops for flair ups. I can go into more detail about this in a private message.

Phil is a Sphynx and has fur patchs..odd but it just adds to his personality.

All 3 cats are very well behaved and litter trained...sometimes they even play fetch! They all have fantastic personalities and are all very playful and energetic and of course love their food and treats!
They are all cuddle bugs when they want to be...Phil will give you a swift slap in the face when he wants in the blankets and Daisy will sing you the song of her people when she wants under the covers and Pete well he just burrows in wherever he can get cuddle and warm.

It would be preferable to have all 3 rehomed together although I know 3 cats can be alot for some. I am insure if a house with kids would be appropriate as all they have ever known is a calm kid free household.
There would be a rehoming fee to ensure they are going to a superb environment and caring home. Included in the rehoming fee would be EVERYTHING. Multiple heated beds, heated blankets, litter boxes, a ton of toys, two cat towers (one massive one) both towers were hand made by my hubby who is a carpenter (I can send pictures) and a TON of toys/tunnels etc etc
They will be up to date on their shots and Pete and Daisy would both have fresh meds for their health.
It would be impossible to fly them anywhere with the amount of stucf they would come with (it would give my heart peace of mind if they could be rehomed with all their stuff) And I would like to meet the new potential parents in person. We are located in northern alberta and are willing to travel to an extent.
My heart is breaking and the tears are flowing as I write this.
Serious inquires only. 250.00 dollar rehoming fee per cat.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sorry that you are having to find a home for your precious babies. I am sure that someone will open their hearts for them.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How devastating! I can imagine this is one of the hardest things you’ve had to do. I’m so sorry you are allergic to your babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Can imagine this breaks your heart.
You probably already looked into it but just to be sure: there are some good treatments against cat allergies. Tge treatments are not for everybody but it's worth looking into if you didn't already.

Hope you find a good new forever home for them and that you can stay in touch!

Snickola

Lairian
They’re melting my heart!! I can only imagine how difficult this must be for you. We are very far from each other, I am all the way near Chicago, IL which seems to be about a day’s travel from you via car. However, if a loving home closer to you doesn’t seem to be an option and you would consider making a trip all the way to the boarder (about halfway?) as well as thinking that they would be okay with that kind of travel- I would love to ask you a few more questions. Call me crazy, but from my little Gremlin at home, I certainly know that their love is worth it :)