Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Woohoo! I finally am getting one!

susi794

Staff member
:BigSmile: Well, I finally saved up enough pennies to justify buying a litter robot! I just finished ordering it and I can hardly wait for it to arrive. I collected the rest of my special duty pay from school and decided to reward myself--I haven't charged anything for over six months (which has felt like an eternity I might add.), the vet bills have quieted down a tremendous amount, and I just can't keep up with the scooping. Mabel likes a pristine litter box or she will punish me by pooping right next to it. :Angry: And with 8 cats, the litter boxes are never pristine for long--I could make scooping my life's work. I have a couple of the LitterMaid electric raking kind, but they aren't heavy duty enough for my crew. If everybody likes it and will use it, I want to save up for a second one for upstairs. Just opening a drawer instead of scooping sounds wonderful --and it will make my little Mabel so happy to have a clean box to use. It is also supposed to cut the amount of litter you use to about half. That in itself will be a blessing.

J

Jinxlover

Oh I want one!!! I cant save up the money (I'm a spender not a saver:LOL:) to buy one..
I did buy a litter maid, if my litter would just clump better it would work good.

Some day I will save and get one..I hope:Wink:.

Ooooooh! Congrats! Good for you for rewarding yourself! That will help you out tremendously!

Let me know how the crew likes it! I have the Scoop Free but the replacement trays are about $20 a piece here and since I now have the 2 cats, I am changing trays every 2 weeks. I like not having to scoop, but I really am just not liking having to shell out that kind of money each month. I have looked at the Robot and think it is a great idea and would be fantastic. Just so spendy! However if I look at the $40 I am spending a month in replacement trays, it would pay for itself in no time!

susi794

Staff member
Ooooooh! Congrats! Good for you for rewarding yourself! That will help you out tremendously!

Let me know how the crew likes it! I have the Scoop Free but the replacement trays are about $20 a piece here and since I now have the 2 cats, I am changing trays every 2 weeks. I like not having to scoop, but I really am just not liking having to shell out that kind of money each month. I have looked at the Robot and think it is a great idea and would be fantastic. Just so spendy! However if I look at the $40 I am spending a month in replacement trays, it would pay for itself in no time!

For real....and the litter robot uses just regular small garbage bags--nothing else to buy. I did buy the fence and some replacement carbon filters and seals though, while I had the money. I go through an ENORMOUS amount of litter each week--I can hardly lug it into the house. To say nothing of lugging it back OUT again. I am hoping it will bring me some blessed relief.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope this gives your back a break. It's expensive but it'll be worth it if your gang will use it.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So happy for you and not a little envious! LOL I scoop 2 to 3 times aday with the 3 of them and I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is smell. Let me know how it does with that Susie.

susi794

Staff member
So happy for you and not a little envious! LOL I scoop 2 to 3 times aday with the 3 of them and I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is smell. Let me know how it does with that Susie.

Will do...Brooke always said you could stand right by hers and there was no smell at all. So am hoping that will be the case--for that kind of money it should be perfect in every way....LOL.

Bella07

Banned
It always makes me laugh....some women are excited to buy a new dress. Some love to buy a new piece jewelry. Sure, those things can be wonderful, but what are we (or at least I am) usually most excited about? New cat products!

So have fun with the new litterbox! :ThumbsUp:

It always makes me laugh....some women are excited to buy a new dress. Some love to buy a new piece jewelry. Sure, those things can be wonderful, but what are we (or at least I am) usually most excited about? New cat products!

So have fun with the new litterbox! :ThumbsUp:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

So true! I found a toy today that I had to buy for them and hubby just shook his head at me and said "Well, you could have an addiction to buying shoes or jewelry."

Back