Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

World's Best Litter?

Anyone use this stuff? It's supposed to be 100% natural and safe (apparently Neffie-Berry eats cat litter, lol) and flushable--with the bonus of being safe for septic systems. It doesn't look like it costs too much if I can find it locally.

Was just wondering if anyone has experience with this litter?

ranalashae

Banned
Oh I have used it! I thought there were pros and cons, and I ultimately chose to switch to a different litter. It clumped very fast which I liked, very easy to scoop out. It did hide smells at first, but give the litter box a week and the whole thing will reek! I would recommend dumping the whole thing out about once a week to eliminate odors. The other thing that I did not want to deal with was the little yellow dust prints Nala left all over the place!

I thought it was an alright litter, but it was a little more expensive than some, and with those few drawbacks I decided to search around for a different litter.

Aeter switching about four times, I finally found one that I like. I have been using Dr. Elsey's Ultra Precious cat litter. It comes in a blue bag and it is a natural clay litter with no perfumes or chemicals. Maybe that would also be safe if ingested?

good luck on the hunt for the perfect litter for you! I am going to start toilet training my cat next week. Hopefully it works because I am not a fan of litter boxes! :BigSmile:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've used it- wasn't really impressed with it though. It works- it's nice to have for kittens because they do like to eat litter from time to time (kittens are odd creatures) and for that reason, I highly recommend it for kitten owners. For adult cats, though, it just doesn't seem to work that great to cover smells and it is super expensive.

susi794

Staff member
I agree--good for kitten use. Too expensive for general use. Is Neffie Berry still eating litter? They usually stop once they realize what the litter is for....if she's using the litterbox--are you SURE she is still eating the litter? That would really surprise me. They almost always do in the beginning when you first start putting them in the box, but usually that stops fairly quickly--I use clay litter while the babies are small, but we graduate to the clumping kind relatively fast.

wundrlust

Lairian
I use this litter and have no issues with it. Yes, it does track a bit but I keep a hand vac nearby and after I scoop I vac. In the other box I use Purr and Simple. One likes to use the box with World's Best and the other piddles in Purr and Natural and poops in WB.

Since they both eat raw there is very little odor in the WB litter. Absolutely no smell to Purr and Simple. What a wonderful change since I stopped giving them kibble and processed food.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I don't have Neffie yet, so I'm not sure if she's still munching on the litter or not. I know she did at one point, lol. My transport guy will be picking Neffie up on June first and I should have her by that evening or early the next day. I'm totally stoked!

I'll be getting her supplies this coming week, so was just curious what products have the best reviews. I really liked the flushable part, but I don't want to spend too much on litter.

How does potty training a cat work? Is it pretty easy? How do Sphynx do with that? When they're potty trained will go go in any potty or just the one they were trained in?

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When Butterball was neutered I remember buying some special type of cat litter. I can't remember what it was called but it was pretty large pellets with no dust and no fine pieces to get in the way of the healing wound. It may have been all natural and very safe but it worked for squat. Anyhoo, I don't have experience with the world's best litter but even with a name like that, I don't think it could handle a Butterball stool.

Oh, and potty training a cat is way easy. It really depends but in most cases, potty training pretty much takes care of itself. Just show them the litter box. They will use any litter box if there "normal" litter box isn't available.

You can get fancy and train them to use the toilet. It takes a little more time and coaxing. Many members here have done it. Oh how nice that would be.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I use Tidy cats clay clumping litter. I love it and have no issues with it. It tracks just a little on the outside of her box but I usually just sweep it up when I do my daily scooping.

As for making sure they know where the box in. When your kitty gets home, just put her in her box a few times and use her paw to scratch around a few times. She may go right then or she may hop out and go explore. I recommend to let her explore "from" the litter box and she'll remember how to get there. If she is home a few hours and still hasn't gone be sure to put her in her box again and she may go then. Goodluck and be sure to update us on her first day home!! I'm so excited for you!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I don't have Neffie yet, so I'm not sure if she's still munching on the litter or not. I know she did at one point, lol. My transport guy will be picking Neffie up on June first and I should have her by that evening or early the next day. I'm totally stoked!

I'll be getting her supplies this coming week, so was just curious what products have the best reviews. I really liked the flushable part, but I don't want to spend too much on litter.

How does potty training a cat work? Is it pretty easy? How do Sphynx do with that? When they're potty trained will go go in any potty or just the one they were trained in?

We use regular clumping litter, like Tidy Cat or Arm & Hammer. I think Shannon uses that too. I can tell you that Gummi came very very well potty trained. She has not had even one accident and even held it on the flight here until she hit the litter pan, so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to train her. I would keep her confined to an area with easy litterbox access for a couple of days, so she learns where it is, some kittens will get lost or confused esp. if your house is large and use the potty outside the box just because they forgot how to find it. But they are very quick to catch on!
Oh and most cats will use any box, not just the one you train em in, I have had to move boxes before and had no issues as long as I made sure they knew where it was.

J

Jinxlover

LOL..:LOL:No more eating litter..I use normal clumping litter. She is potty trained very well. Always uses the box..

I used that litter when they were little, I hated it!!!! Would never buy it again...:ThumbsDown:

zoes mom

Lairian
I have to say of all my years as a cat owner I have never found a better safer cat litter !! It is also lighter in weight to carry a huge bag! You must get the multi cat one for extra great clumping action. It doesn't mask to much smell but if you feed a great food the crap don't stink!! I find myself saying this over and over lol lol My cat's poops absolutely reeeeeeek on anything but her Acana I can't say why but I tell ya this litter is the best when used with a great diet. I won't use anything else, it is expensive but it's worth it for my health as I was worried about all the dust i was inhaling over the years using the clay stuff . just my two cents......:Laugh: good luck with kitty:Smile:

I have her spot cleared out in my bathroom (I have a huge master bathroom, so her potty will be next to MY potty, lol.) And I'm getting a kitty door installed on the bathroom door so she can get in and out on her own.

Still haven't decided 100% on a litter yet, but we'll try out a bunch and see how she does.

My vet is getting antsy to meet my new naked kitty, too! lol

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Our boys were our vets' first sphynxes too. They were such celebrities some of the vet teches would come in on their days off just to see them.

susi794

Staff member
I use special kitty clumping litter --$6.98 for 28 lbs. It works fine and is half the price. If by any chance a kit poops outside the box, just put the poop in the box and show her--she'll get the message.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use Worlds Best and LOVE IT!! We have a litter catch mat outside the litter box and get very little tracking with it. I love the fact it is natural and i can flush all lumps down the toilet. Never had much of a problem with smells from it, and TBH, Mugs gets a bit funny about smells so i try and avoid anything scented. It is a little more expensive but i find it lasts for ages.

I think you can see from all of these that everyone has their preference and some cats suit some litters better than others...I would try a couple that you like the sound of....maybe have two boxes with a different type in each and make your mind up from there.

X

holly_savage

Banned
maybe have two boxes with a different type in each and make your mind up from there.

I did that, just by accident. Hibou was staying at the inlaws for a weekend and I had gotten her the crystal litter, so when we got back home I left that litter box out as well as her usual pine litter. And funny enough she started only doing her pees in the crystals and the poops in the pine litter. It was kind of funny watching her go into the one, then go to other one to finish her business.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I did that, just by accident. Hibou was staying at the inlaws for a weekend and I had gotten her the crystal litter, so when we got back home I left that litter box out as well as her usual pine litter. And funny enough she started only doing her pees in the crystals and the poops in the pine litter. It was kind of funny watching her go into the one, then go to other one to finish her business.

Cute! lol Funny how she has her preferences. hehe:ThumbsUp:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use Cats Best which is very similar to Worlds Best, I think it's really good and works well with my cats, it is easy to flush away and lasts a long time because it clumps so well.

miss_gldelx

Lairian
I have tried it twice. First time when i brought Harley home, and then again about 2 months ago. She refuses to use it for bathroom but loves to eat it! I called the mama breeder to find out what she had been using because i was told by the dad breeder it was WB and it wasnt. Literally as i was pouring the new litter (Scoop Away), Harley got in the box and started using it. There have been no

The 2nd time I tried switching to WB was about 2 months ago. This time I slowly (very slowly) tried to switch the litter back over by mixing the two kinds. Harley would not have it, so i just gave up and went back to what she likes best. I did also try the crystal auto litter box, leaving the usual litter box next to it, again trying to slowly switch over, but she wound up going potty in the crystal and poo in the other.

I really didnt like the crystal auto box because i just dont think it is sanitary letting the crystals absorb the pee, drying and them walking on it over and over again. And when she did poo in the crystal auto box, the poo just sat there and stunk. Which is the purpose of having an autobox, not having to scoop the poop every day. I decided it wasnt a big deal to bend over and clean the box. would rather do that than have a smelly room / house.

Back