Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

.. worms?

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm taking Toothless into the vets tomorrow; I think she may have worms. :depressed:
She's got a little pudge happening in the belly area, but no other symptoms. She is crazy active, and eats a ton!

I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestion on what type of medication I should be looking at, if there are things that are better for a sphynx?

If she is positive for worms then Elfie is going to need to be treated as well and I'm worried about giving her anymore meds! She is finally off of everything and cleared up after the long trek back to health after her dental fiasco.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Impossible that Toothless has worms! Just impossible! Why? Just cause we all decided you had to deal with enough things lately!

So I really hope the vet will tell you everything is okay.
Don't have experience with worms so can't advice you on meds.

Please let us know what the vet told you!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
If it is worms, that is an easy enough thing to fix and hopefully will not upset Elfie with meds. Be sure to ask what side effects are caused if in fact they both need meds.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Toa and Ross
I hope that whatever gods listen to sphynx prayers is listening! Because you absolutely right, my girls and I have been through enough for at least 3 of their 9 lives!

@Xandria
Thank you I will read those articles tomorrow at work (shhh .. don't tell my boss)

@Catzzzmeow
I will update everyone when we get home from the vets tomorrow and I will definitely be asking about all possible side effect!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Took Toothless's "sample" to the vet but wont know anything until tomorrow.

Thiz iz Toofless
I go'ed tu the doctor tooday. And den Mommy and Autie MeShell wented on a add venture!
We go'ed to Mommy's number tu works and then to see Grammies at work toooo!!

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When I take my guys in for worming they get Milbemax (sp?) It is apparently covers a broad range of worms. From what I understand Strongid doesnt. Milbemax comes in two strengths, kitten and adult. It is just two pills a few weeks apart and then you are good to go.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hi Toothless,

You're really a smart girl cause you write so well. Did you help your human with her work or did you only watch her work? I think it's a big adventure to go see your Grammie at work! I wished my human took me on such an adventure but the only place she take me is the vet. And I don't like that place!

I hope the vet will find out that you don't have worms. Worms are not so nice so better not having them.

See ya,

Toa

Back