Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Worried About Dinka

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka has not eaten in the past 2 days. Not interested in Greenies or Bacon. Even offered some tuna - Nope! He was fine after his neuter earlier in the week. I finally got him to drink yesterday. He doesn't have fever. He is walking around but not playing. Why do pets get sick on the weekend? I will take him into the vet in the am.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no, I hope Dinka is okay! I had the same problem with my male Siamese recently; turns out that his gums are inflamed and he needs a good teeth cleaning. Hopefully it's something just as simple that is troubling your Dinka.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Went to the vet and everything checked fine. He thinks it is the anti-inflamitory medication. He brought out Perscription A/D ans said cats will go through a brick wall to eat this. Opened it and put it in front of Dinka - HE ATE IT. Yeah. I will monitor his weight. He had lost 2 lbs. over the weekend.

Inferno12

Banned
Went to the vet and everything checked fine. He thinks it is the anti-inflamitory medication. He brought out Perscription A/D ans said cats will go through a brick wall to eat this. Opened it and put it in front of Dinka - HE ATE IT. Yeah. I will monitor his weight. He had lost 2 lbs. over the weekend.

All but Johnny! When he was really sick the vet put him on this and he refused to eat it. He HATES wet food :Dizzy:

susi794

Staff member
Wow--not eating for two days is really serious--a cat can get reallly sick from going for only 24 hours! 2 lbs is around 20% of his body weight. That is HUGE!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He did not eat after I dropped him off at the house and went to work. I noticed yellow on the carpet everywhere in his room. Do not know which end it came out of. Then I saw him go to the litter box and it was a tiny bit of diarrhea. Gave him Kaolin pectin for the diarrhea at 5:30. I am really worried:Sweat::Sweat::Sweat::Cry:

LucyFurrr

Lairian
Hey, sorry to hear your wee one has fallen ill! Just throwing it out there, but I buy that Hills Perscription AD by the case, it`s fantastic to have around. But, it really messes with one of my girls. No matter what, if she eats it, she will puke. So, whenever she`s feeling down and her appetite isn`t the best, I make my own concoction. I mix beginners baby food pure turkey puree (no cat has ever refused it here) with some Lysine supplement, sugar free and dye free pedialyte, and a crushed up cat multivitamin tablet.
Last year I had a cat just brought into my house from my breeding partner, and shortly after she was diagnosed with a severe advanced case of Pyometra. The only thing she could keep down was that baby food mixture, and the vet said it very well could have saved her while she was waiting to go into surgery. She wasn`t hungry because every time she ate she puked, except for the mix!

Good luck. :BigSmile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great advice for anyone that has a cat that won't eat. Of course a vet visit is in order to get a diagnosis.:ThumbsUp:

Back