Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Worrisome or normal?e

jasmyn

Lairian
hi everybody! So Winston my 1 1/2 year old nuetered male has recently taking up licking the ever living hell out of my blanket at nighttime, so much so I'll roll over to pet him
And feel giant, gross, sopping wet spots on the blanket. This is a fairly new behavior that I noticed. Is this something I should be concerned about-perhaps some odd health issue, Or just a weird behavioral thing?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Often licking is a behavioral thing. Our Babas likes licking the TV speaker and once in a while I would catch him licking the blanket. I think it is the texture he likes. We bought a new blanket, and he must not like the texture of this one because he isn't doing it. Maybe if you buy a blanket with a different texture it might help you too.

But that being said, take a look in his mouth and see if tongue and teeth look normal. If in doubt, get him checked out.

Patti

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hi everybody! So Winston my 1 1/2 year old nuetered male has recently taking up licking the ever living hell out of my blanket at nighttime, so much so I'll roll over to pet him
And feel giant, gross, sopping wet spots on the blanket. This is a fairly new behavior that I noticed. Is this something I should be concerned about-perhaps some odd health issue, Or just a weird behavioral thing?
It's sometimes caused by early weaning. If it's not too troublesome I wouldn't worry too much about it, as @Catzzzmeow mentioned - a vet visit is line if anything seems out of place, behavior, eating, drinking or litter issues. :)

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Toothless doesn't lick things she licks people!!
It was cute for the first few days, now it awful .. and it hurts!
I had actually gotten a rash from her licking my chest, I wanted to see if she would stop if I just ignored that she was going it .. the answer is no!
She licks hands, feet, faces, necks .. skin just has to be exposed skin.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Toothless doesn't lick things she licks people!!
It was cute for the first few days, now it awful .. and it hurts!
I had actually gotten a rash from her licking my chest, I wanted to see if she would stop if I just ignored that she was going it .. the answer is no!
She licks hands, feet, faces, necks .. skin just has to be exposed skin.

You clearly have tasty flavour. :ROFLMAO:

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ickus licked anything wool as a baby and young adult but eventually grew out of it. I removed wool blankets and all was fine. He wasn't interested in cotton, etc

Back