Wow! Sugar-free chocolate that actually tastes GOOD! | Sphynxlair

Wow! Sugar-free chocolate that actually tastes GOOD!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sydkat7, Aug 24, 2009.

1. sydkat7

sydkat7V.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    I'm not a diabetic but due to my health issues, I do have to watch my sugar intake. I'm also gluten-intolerant. Since being on a restricted diet, I've tried some of the other sugar-free chocolate out there on the market, but most of them taste yucky, have a weird aftertaste, or a weird texture. So when I came across this little sugar-free gem at my local health food store, I thought, "Okay, I'll try this new chocolate just once but it'll probably taste bad." Imagine my surprise when at the first taste, it tasted like REAL EUROPEAN CHOCOLATE!!! It doesn't taste sugar-free AT ALL!!! So, what's the name of this delicacy? Amber Lyn Chocolates, made at an organic little company in Utah. www.amberlynchocolates.com

In addition to being sugar-free, this chocolate is also low in carbs, low-glycemic, gluten-free, and a little lower in calories than regular chocolate. This may not be a big deal for some of you, but for someone like me who loves chocolate but has to watch everything I eat, this has been a godsend! :BigSmile: And no, I don't own any stock in this company, I'm just a chocolate lover who's happy to find a product that's tasty AND healthy enough for me to eat (as an occasional treat).

Of course, we do not want to be sharing any chocolates, sugar-free or otherwise, with our sphynx and furry friends...it'll make them VERY sick!

2. heather

heatherV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $396.00
    Ratings:
    +462
    This sounds awesome - good find! I'll have to try it! I'm always looking for healthier alternatives and this sounds good since there's no sugar and low carb, less calories etc. I have some friends and family members that are gluten intolerant and will love to hear about this also! Thanks for sharing :BigSmile:

3. saintbabby

saintbabbyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $289.00
    Ratings:
    +2
    i thought for sure this was a SpamBot when i read the title of the post! good thing its a person.

that chocolate sounds delish. I hate eating (or drinking) things with lots of sugar, after watching my grandmother suffer with diabetes and other health problems that stemmed from poor dietary habits for the last 70 years, so thanks for the suggestion. since i live in a college town, we are flooded with local/healthy/organic foods all over the place. ill be sure to check it out! thanks.

4. nbolin

nbolinSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $312.00
    Ratings:
    +133
    Thats great!! I am nto totally diabetic but I do have an Insulin resistance issue. I am currently on Metformin. Very good to know!!

5. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    sanitbabby, I was worried that some of you might think this was a spambot post. Anyway, I normally don't get that excited about chocolate (or food in general), but since being on a sugar-free, gluten-free diet, I've found that most of the "replacement foods" out there taste pretty nasty. I was genuinely surprised at how good this chocolate tasted, even to the last bite (no weird aftertaste). If you can't find Amber Lyn in your local health food store, you can order directly from the website, too.

6. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $368.02
    Ratings:
    +55
    What a great find! As a diabetic I'm always trying to find tasty food and treats that I can eat without feeling like a total cheat. While searching the site I also found this little coupon for people who can't find the chocolate locally.

Here is the blurb:

Unfortunately we are unable to have events in every part of the country. We have remedied this by offering you a discount of 10% on your order. Enter code ALC06 in the coupon/gift certificate field when you are checking out to activate this discount.

7. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Cool! Yummy chocolate AND a discount! :ThumbsUp: Kallie, I figured that you would especially appreciate this find being a diabetic. :Smile:

8. kerrie78

kerrie78Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $469.00
    Ratings:
    +87
    I avoid sugar & carbs for no specific reason other than my workout regimen & I don't know if anyone has tried the Russell Stover Chocolate candies but they are awesome! They sell them pretty much everywhere... walgreens has them. And they have all different varieties too.