Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wrinkles gets altered Jan 18th

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I made the appointment yesterday for Jan 18th.
The plan is to do it lapo.
We are also doing blood tests.
It will cost almost $400 but I rather be safe then sorry.
I am still scared because something went wrong with Lucy years ago.

susi794

Staff member
What kind of blood tests? That seems really expensive for getting altered---vet fees are just getting outlandish these days. It was $142. today at the vet for Othie--that makes almost $400 for me in about a week and a half. Thank God I don't have many weeks like that, or I'd be in the poor house. I've had a lot of illnesses since Lulu came into the house--she had to have been ill when the breeder shipped her, as the breeder told me to "watch out for sniffles" since it had been so cold. I hate it that anyone would ship a sick cat or take one to a show--don't they care about the other people's cats they might be infecting? :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry: It just makes me so mad!

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree...i spent $300 the other day on Abby, and that was with the vet plan...
But good luck with Wrinkles...I will pray for you both

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
The Lapo is 100 extra.
It would be $275 with out that.
A reg spay without the blood tests and extras is $130.
Why did the breeder send a sick cat they are supposed to be checked off by a vet.
My vet bill is very high right now.
I just spent anoth $ 160 yesterday on meds.
I have spent over $1000 since Cleo and Wrinkles got sick from shows.

The blood tests are for liver,kidney and what ever else.
They are $81.
They are optional but with Wrinkles being sick already I want to do them.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sure Wrinkles will be fine, will be thinking of her. Mo is also off to the vets on the 5th of Jan for his annual vaccinations, can't believe how quick they come round!

susi794

Staff member
Thanks Everyone,
The Lapo is 100 extra.
It would be $275 with out that.
A reg spay without the blood tests and extras is $130.
Why did the breeder send a sick cat they are supposed to be checked off by a vet.
My vet bill is very high right now.
I just spent anoth $ 160 yesterday on meds.
I have spent over $1000 since Cleo and Wrinkles got sick from shows.

The blood tests are for liver,kidney and what ever else.
They are $81.
They are optional but with Wrinkles being sick already I want to do them.
Bless you for taking such good care of your babies! As for the health certificate prior to getting shipped--they are seen by a vet for what? about 10 mins.? If they don't happen to cough or sneeze during that 10 mins. and no one says anything to the vet, they aren't going to notice the URI that's just beginning, or the herpes that's just not in a flare up. Anymore than they'll see a myriad of other well hidden illnesses that aren't acute at the moment. I doubt that these are even more than a cursory checking of the shot record and a simple visual exam of the cat--my certificate said: Attitude/happy, Ears/clean, Legs/normal, nail trim, Mouth/teeth-nice teeth, Abdomen/feels normal, heart/breathing-sounds normal, eyes/clear bright, Skin/haircoat--looking good, urogenital/normal. The line for weight was blank, the line for temperature was blank.--why? Because those things are hands on--you can't just look and check a box. The only thing they are certifying is that the cat is fit to fly and up to what temperature. This breeder told me to look out for the very thing she had on arrival. How do you get a cold in such a few hours? Oh well, doesn't matter now, she's mine and I love her to death--Boo was healthy when he arrived, thank God.
Wow! $1000. from getting sick at the shows? I know I won't be showing then--it's way too costly for me.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As for the health certificate prior to getting shipped--they are seen by a vet for what? about 10 mins.?

Pretty much. The health check for flying is to basically say they are well enough to fly at the time of the certificate being issued and then it can be used 10days after its been issued, anything can happen in those 10days. :Dizzy: I always try to get the health certificate/ check up, the day before the flight but it does sound like she was sick when she was sent. Sorry to hear that your having problems still Susi.

Wrinkles will be in my thoughts on the 18th, I'm sure the surgery will go well. :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Pretty much. The health check for flying is to basically say they are well enough to fly at the time of the certificate being issued and then it can be used 10days after its been issued, anything can happen in those 10days. :Dizzy: I always try to get the health certificate/ check up, the day before the flight but it does sound like she was sick when she was sent. Sorry to hear that your having problems still Susi.:
Oh, Kerry--I sure didn't mean you! The difference is that it isn't just a business for you. You know those kittens and care what happens to them. Everything about doing business with you was wonderful! I couldn't have asked for anyone better or more caring to work with!
Hopefully we can wipe it out this time! I have enough Clavamax to choke a horse now!
Hugs,
Susi

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, Kerry--I sure didn't mean you!
I know you didn't mean me. :ThumbsUp:
Just giving an opinion on health certificates for flying, its ridiculous that they are 'good' for 10 days as anything can happen in that 10days which could make a cat sick and sadly if the cat isn't sneezing or they don't take its temperature etc, I'm sure it's possible to get a sick cat through a halfhearted health check.

I hope the meds kick in soon, poor babies.

Back