Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wrinkles is hurt

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Polar bit her head right above her nose over a week ago and it is n not healing.
I had to pull her from the show today and have tried many meds but nothing is helping her.
Polar picks on both the sphynx girls but not the furry cats.

tessblack

Banned
Oh Wrinkles needs to go to the Vet. Hope everything is ok. I get worried when these guys get going to rough. Keoop us updated.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sorry to hear about Wrinkles- I hope the vet can help it heal. Tell Polar bare to lay off the ladies- they're sensitive:BigSmile:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Definitely a trip to the vet is needed. There could be a nasty infection under there and we wouldn't want that to get into the bloodstream.

I've been bit by dogs, rats, hamsters, birds etc and they heal quickly and cleanly, cat bites never seem too. :Dizzy:

Gizzymom

Banned
First of all... we'll be hoping and praying for Wrinkles that it is nothing serious.

Secondly, havingalook... why in the world have you been bitten by all those things?? LOLOL... Sounds painful!!! And I have heard that cat bites in the joint line of humans (i.e. knuckles) can cause permanent joint damage and possible loss of function due to the type and amount of bacteria in a cat's mouth... eeeek:Woo:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Secondly, havingalook... why in the world have you been bitten by all those things?? LOLOL

:LOL: When I read it back it does look like bad :LOL: Just always had critters, whether its been a gerbil,budgie or a dog, there has always been some sort of animal in our home growing up and now. So sometimes bites happen LOL.

Gizzymom

Banned
:LOL: When I read it back it does look like bad :LOL: Just always had critters, whether its been a gerbil,budgie or a dog, there has always been some sort of animal in our home growing up and now. So sometimes bites happen LOL.

I was starting to think you were made of kibble or birdseed... or whatever gerbils eat!

:Hysterical:

Bella07

Banned
Aaww, poor Wrinkles! I hope she feels better soon, and that little Polar Bare leaves the girls alone.

It's true, cat bites take forever to heal! When one of my cats was around 3, she bit my groomer. My poor groomer had to go to the hospital, get some stitches, and go on Antibiotics because of it! Plus, her hand was swollen and she had to stop grooming for about 2 weeks. All just because of one little bite. :Hysterical:

TotenEngel

Banned
Good luck, hope she gets better soon!

I've been bitten most things (vet nurse for year!) most suprising was a rabbit and worst was a cat that got me in the webbing next to my thumb, woke up the next day and my hand was swollen to 3x its normal size :Hysterical: Had to have my arm in a sling for weeks!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are going to the vet in a few minutes and she looks worse.
Thanks everyone for wishing her well.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If you look on my fb you can see a pic of her head.
The vet gave her a convenia shot and some cream.
Thanks for asking about her.

Back