Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wrinkles Shoe Results/Not Good

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wrinkles did terrible at the show yesterday.
She got 6 best of breed only because she was the only sphynx there.
Some siamese and oriental breeders were saying she has siamese in her because of her blue eyes and being pointed.
Her next show is a TICA show so we will see what happenes.
She has a few best of breeds there but no finals either.
Cleo did not hiss or growl once yesterday so I might try showing her again in a few months.

susi794

Staff member
Sorry you didn't get the results you'd hoped for. Is having Siamese in her a bad thing? Where else would blue eyes and points come from?

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would try a few more shows before getting disheartened! Nofuratu has done terrible at some shows and amazing at others. As for the Siamese thing, werent lots of Sphynx bred with Siamese at some point? I know nowadays there are Sphynx with all different traits, heads shaped like american shorthairs etc. Nofuratu looks very Siameseee to me. I like the long nose with no break....on Spynx and Siamese...Good luck with your other shows!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
The allowable outcrosses in CFA are ASH and DSH and in TICA ASH,Devon Rex and DSH.
Siamese is not a allowable outcross in CFA or TICA
Wrinkles is not a outcross.
I have gone back 6 gen in Wrinkles ped and all that are on it are sphynx.
Cleo is a outcross with ASH on her dams side.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry it didn't go the way you wanted it to. Good luck with the next two shows. That's good to hear Cleo behaved well!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
The allowable outcrosses in CFA are ASH and DSH and in TICA ASH,Devon Rex and DSH.
Siamese is not a allowable outcross in CFA or TICA
Wrinkles is not a outcross.
I have gone back 6 gen in Wrinkles ped and all that are on it are sphynx.
Cleo is a outcross with ASH on her dams side.
Fascinating! So the lovely long nose comes from the devon rex and domestic shorthairs? Guess that explains why there is no siamese on Nofuratu's pedigree. Thanks for the info! This is a great forum!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That must have been so frustrating having people at the cat show telling you Wrinkles had siamese in him, when you know and have proof there isnt!!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It is very frustrating having breeders say that.
Wrinkles lines go back to Belgium on the sires side.
No the shape does not come from the devon and dsh.
There has to be something in the lines way back that gives them the long noses.
What are the lines of your sphynx?
I can try to research them.

PitRottMommy

Banned

Some siamese and oriental breeders were saying she has siamese in her because of her blue eyes and being pointed.

Try not to be disheartened, M2M. Remember...they're "just breeders". They do NOT know it all. And, moreover, no person can tell you exactly what a cat's been bred out with to get what we're looking for. There are many of other breeds that have blue eyes aside from just Siamese.

That being said, breeders (not just cat breeders) will tell you that it was a DSH that was bred into their lines...when it was really a totally different breed. Ignorance is a wonderful thing for some people. Remember, DSH's are a wild mix of tons of things...siamese could be in there for the DSH that may have been many, many generations back.

Most importantly is the fact that you love her and she's your little girl...not what people say regarding what her breeding has been.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
Sami I will end you her DNA test.
I have something I need to ask you about Wrinkles.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Try not to be disheartened, M2M. Remember...they're "just breeders". They do NOT know it all. And, moreover, no person can tell you exactly what a cat's been bred out with to get what we're looking for. There are many of other breeds that have blue eyes aside from just Siamese.

That being said, breeders (not just cat breeders) will tell you that it was a DSH that was bred into their lines...when it was really a totally different breed. Ignorance is a wonderful thing for some people. Remember, DSH's are a wild mix of tons of things...siamese could be in there for the DSH that may have been many, many generations back.

Most importantly is the fact that you love her and she's your little girl...not what people say regarding what her breeding has been.

What is DSH?? :Laugh:

Back