Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Wysong Epigen 90 - anyone tried it?

mom2Isis

Lairian
My Isis eats raw exclusively, but I am going back to work and I am not going to be able to feed her the raw 4 times a day like I do now. She came to me eating Meow Mix and was so sick. She likes to nibble, so she really did love her dry food. But the only thing we have found that she can tolerate is raw.

So I want to try the Wysong Epigen 90 that is new for cats. (Leave that out during the day and still give her some raw in the morning and evening.) It sounds like a good fit for her. But is is very expensive and I have to drive into Dallas to get it. UGH! Have any of you tried it and had success with it?

Thanks!

Timmy & the Twins

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have never heard of it. I wanted to go raw a while back but our vet advised against it. Since then our oldest kitty became pre-diabetic and has since passed. We have switched our cats to Blue Buffalo kibble because it has more meat content than most other brands and is gluten free. I buy the kinds in the shiny bags (those are the ones that are gluten free). Timmy, my sphynx, absolutely loves it. He gobbles it up and I feel better about what he is eating at the same time.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My Isis eats raw exclusively, but I am going back to work and I am not going to be able to feed her the raw 4 times a day like I do now. She came to me eating Meow Mix and was so sick. She likes to nibble, so she really did love her dry food. But the only thing we have found that she can tolerate is raw.

So I want to try the Wysong Epigen 90 that is new for cats. (Leave that out during the day and still give her some raw in the morning and evening.) It sounds like a good fit for her. But is is very expensive and I have to drive into Dallas to get it. UGH! Have any of you tried it and had success with it? Thanks!

I don't feed raw but a lot of people here do and mention that they use the automatic freezers with the ice packs in them so the food stays fresh and opens up and certain intervals during the day for your kitty. I have used them in the past just for plain wet food for mine with success.

If you don't have luck with that or are not comfortable, have you tried looking for some place online (ie Amazon or one of the pet places) that could maybe ship it to you instead of driving? Might be cheaper to get shipped instead of driving and spending the time to drive?

Jen

mom2Isis

Lairian
I have never heard of the automatic refrigerators. That is neat - I will have to google it and see where I can get one online. That sure would make life easier.

I talked to the Wysong company and they are going to send me a free sample. But the shipping is still nuts. It is the first starch free grain free 90% protein dry cat kibble. Still searching online for cheaper merchants. Isis' health has turned around 100% since on raw, so this food is the closest to raw in dry form you can get.

Thanks for the suggestions gals!

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have never heard of the automatic refrigerators. That is neat - I will have to google it and see where I can get one online. That sure would make life easier.

Slight correction on feeders... They're called Programmable Feeders. The one I have and I've had several, has 5 compartments (pie shaped) and you can program up to 5 meals/day and you can leave a msg for your kitty which will emit your voice when it's feeding time. There are others that have the discs that you feel w/water and freeze to put under the feeders. I just used my old discs for this new auto feeder that didn't come with it... You could use any of those you find along w/lunch boxes to keep your food cold in your lunch bag... All work great, I used 2 or 3 when I'm away for the day. So you can continue to feed raw if you'd like while your working...

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's supposed to be an amazing food, since it's starch free. I read a bunch of articles on it. They state grain free isn't what its cracked up to be, that most cat food companies take out one "grain" and add another...its so hard to find any truth on cat foods tho. Anyways I tried to order it here in Canada and it is impossible. I contacted one distributor who could have it shipped in but I would have to buy the whole case which was like 16lbs and it was over$100, I've looked on the Wysong website and its a lot cheaper if you are in the states. I believe for 16lbs its around $60. Keeping in mind with these higher protein foods you don't have to feed them as much so it does go along way.

Back