Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hi there , now after lunch is over washing up done and buffet table set for dinner and evening ...
we like to play games it gives the older funny duddies time to have 40 winks
And we get the board games out
We play bingo with the children with prizes
We play ludo
Snakes and ladders
Frustration
The children love it it’s such great fun
So we have two or more tables going as most games only allow 4 players

Evening games monopoly , cludo
And the clever ones play scrabble ( normally my hubby , son and son in law ah ha )

So how do you spend your lazy Xmas day afternoon ?
Do you also play the good old traditional kids games ?
All this Xbox and PlayStation is way over my head lol
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hi there , now after lunch is over washing up done and buffet table set for dinner and evening ...
we like to play games it gives the older funny duddies time to have 40 winks
And we get the board games out
We play bingo with the children with prizes
We play ludo
Snakes and ladders
Frustration
The children love it it’s such great fun
So we have two or more tables going as most games only allow 4 players

Evening games monopoly , cludo
And the clever ones play scrabble ( normally my hubby , son and son in law ah ha )

So how do you spend your lazy Xmas day afternoon ?
Do you also play the good old traditional kids games ?
All this Xbox and PlayStation is way over my head lol
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️
We play games all afternoon on Christmas Eve, then we have our big supper, open gifts, and more games until the wee hours of the morning. We do this with our kids, grandbabies, my brother-in-law, and my father-in-law. On Christmas Day my husband and I spend alone, relaxing, recovering, and preparing a few foods for a large Boxing Day lunch with my Mom, sister, nieces etc - at least eight 30 people at this event!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We will do Christmas Eve her and have my mother in law over. Christmas Day we go to my sisters. Snacks, games and then dinner. We all but 10 scratch off tickets and do those before dessert. It is going to be a pretty quiet holiday this year.

CuryC

Lairian
This year I picked up an extra shift for the evening. My request was to spend the morning having breakfast and opening presents with my little family...so after that we just take a nap and lay around. I decided that it would be fair for me to let someone else spend dinner with their family so I split a shift with a co-worker who was really looking forward to dinner.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This year I picked up an extra shift for the evening. My request was to spend the morning having breakfast and opening presents with my little family...so after that we just take a nap and lay around. I decided that it would be fair for me to let someone else spend dinner with their family so I split a shift with a co-worker who was really looking forward to dinner.
That is nice of you. My first husband worked shift work and because we celebrated on Christmas Eve he would trade shifts with people who wanted Christmas Day off if it worked out for us to have our Christmas Eve. What a beautiful world we live in!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We will do Christmas Eve her and have my mother in law over. Christmas Day we go to my sisters. Snacks, games and then dinner. We all but 10 scratch off tickets and do those before dessert. It is going to be a pretty quiet holiday this year.
I like hearing that other people play games, it's a great way to stay connected with people!

CuryC

Lairian
That is nice of you. My first husband worked shift work and because we celebrated on Christmas Eve he would trade shifts with people who wanted Christmas Day off if it worked out for us to have our Christmas Eve. What a beautiful world we live in!
Its what makes the world go 'round. Really though, if there is a way to spend time with family and help someone else spend time with theirs I am all for it.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I love Ludo. In Germany we call it the game that inspires family breakups! hahahaha.

Now that it's just Hubby, myself, and the cats, we just chill on Sundays, sometimes watch an appropriate Christmas movie (like Die Hard), but mostly I dote extra time on the cats!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks all loved reading all your replies it is nice to see what other people do over holiday periods
EASTER next lol
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Roki

Lairian
We ate stew & candied pecans, rented Elf (movie) for the evening & watched the glittery snow fall all day long. We always try & take a Christmas picture & this year’s turned out pretty good. Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!
78c7362dec2ee9666c31b0bcbfaf5fdd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Roki oh how I love candied pecan nuts I’ve never seen them here in the uk but when we used to go to Portugal. I would have some everyday very moorish and yum yum in your yum
❤️❤️❤️

Roki

Lairian
@Roki oh how I love candied pecan nuts I’ve never seen them here in the uk but when we used to go to Portugal. I would have some everyday very moorish and yum yum in your yum

I used to dislike all of them I tried as a kid, but have recently discovered this recipe that I like a LOT, with clear instructions, from America’s Test Kitchen website (I hope that’s ok?):

8c5dc8ddd5cb5e7bf1740de5f4080709.jpg

I used pecans from my uncle’s trees in Texas, but I think walnuts might work for this recipe as well. I used salted butter (I like the extra to contrast with the sugar) and used a combination of nutmeg and cloves (not too much!) because I didn’t have Allspice. I also tried one batch with bourbon/whiskey, but like the dark rum flavor better. The real tricks are:
- Toast the nuts first to remove the moisture, so that when you mix them into the hot “syrup” they absorb it all in a minute or two.
- Then, after that, when you toss them (still warm) in the dry sugar/spice coating, get them spread out and cooled as quick as possible! Otherwise the coating will rehydrate and make them slightly mushy. Luckily, the temperature outside was close to freezing, so I popped the whole tray outside for a few minutes.

Here’s my last batch. So, so yummy indeed!
29c73eb332bb83eb36c532b9fa6ef47f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my giddy aunt I could just eat those right now !! 1:36am it is here and I am drooling all over me phone good job it’s water proof ah ha
I really am going to copy your method of doing the candied pecan yum yum yum !!
@Roki you got me going now ah ha
Thank you I shall show you when my Claire bear as had a go lol
I would think I’d died and gone to heaven if we had a peacan tree !!!
When we lived in South Africa we had fruit trees ,
My son and daughter in law went to New York a few month ago ( like his mum he loves ice hockey ) he also got a baseball game in on this trip ( not too keen on baseball but oh I love my ice hockyb) he brought me some bourbon , I’ve a little left so il save it lol
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

image.jpg

Back