Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Yoda’s new favorite nail clipper

Yoda mom

Staff member
For the past month I have been using a new nail clipper by Hertzko
(using it left handed ) on my crew .

It’s angled ! Was a little weird at first , now it’s the go to nail clipper !
Got it on chewy for about $10

Two of my adoptees sphynx came with thick long nails . So I knew they didn’t care for pawdicures lol
The other two have thinner petite nails .

They actually behave better using this Hertzko angled nail clipper for some reason.

Seems like I can get through cutting their nails faster with a quick clean cut.

Fits nicely in my hand easy to use even with the torn ligament in my finger lol

Yoda doesn't try to squirm away .. He was quiet as a mouse relaxed more than before .

Batman was ready for his growl and sudden mock grabs ... but all his nails were trimmed before he knew it lol
(I actually put my forearm across his shoulders with him on my lap so he doesn’t grab my hand or arm .

Both have thick nails . This clipper cut easily with clean cuts .

Claire Bare amd Toby I think we’re surprised too how fast we were done.
Claire Bare is easy .
Toby huffs n puffs growls but he too was more tolerant of this clipper for some reason

All paws up for this nail clipper for my crew
E773E436-6A6B-41C4-880D-9F22830EC435.jpeg

MeerkatNip

Lairian
@Yoda mom What were you using before - which I assume didn't give such a clean cut? My cats have neverrr tolerated nail clippings so I'm open to new clippers and also making note of what's not so hot ^_^

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MeerkatNip my favorite other nail clipper I have used for years and also used by several members is the safari car nail clipper. I like the rubberized handle .

but the last pair of safari I ordered was just not as sharp ... May have just got a bad one.
so I ordered the Hertzko.. the handle isn’t as rubbery as the safari but I was pleasantly surprised it worked well for my hand.

Many members have success using a good quality human nail clipper or toe nail clipper

my vet tech likes the dollar store nail clipper she says she has used for at least a uesr in office and recently trimmed my moms cat’s nails in office with it .

I tried one with a white handle I believe it was “magic coat brand “ but it didn’t cut as well as my old safari.

surely others will chime in too with favorite nail clippers

Here is a pic of the safar cst nail clipper
A93BB067-D4CC-4BBE-89FA-1512DD4CC663.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MeerkatNip here is an early thread with pics