Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Yogurtlicious!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gummi had some plain yogurt today, and LOVED it!:ThumbsUp: She has little scabs under her eyes and on her whisker pads, I guess from eye fluids, I had to wash her face with a warm cloth every day while she was sick she wouldn't clean herself :(

084-1.jpg

085-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

And licking the bowl after I made her yogurt/pumpkin/glop concoction! You can see her little hip bones poking out, they won't be for long tho if she keeps eating like she is:ThumbsUp:

093.jpg

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, she looks much better then I had imagined! Good girl, Gummi- be good for your Mama and eat up!

lol, I bathed her:Laugh:

This is her eating pumpkin glop this morning, you can see how thin she got, not too bad overall I guess, she went from 3.8 lbs to 3 lbs even

053-3.jpg

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So glad she's eating. Her roundness will come back soon. With us girls, it always does. Eat up Gummi!

Last edited:

Bella07

Banned
I love her face in the first picture. Enjoy your yougurt Gummi and keep up that eating! We need you plump, healthy, and happy. :Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
You go, Gummi! So good seeing you eat, Baby Girl. Keep it up. Get fat and sassy and let's stay that way, ok?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
So glad Gummi is feeling better. She did lose a bit of weight huh - I'm sure if she stays on this path of recovery she will gain it back in no time!

I love the picture with the yogurt on her nose! It is so good to see her digging right in and WANTING to eat! You go Gummi!!! She keeps this up she will fill out in no time.

I wish someone would tell me to keep eating and that I need to be plump and happy!! :LOL::LOL:

Nair Bare

Lairian
Yeah, little sister, yeah! Way to go sis, you keep eating and get strong for your brother. I prayed for you constantly. I'm so glad your family didn't give up on you. Now get strong and healthy soon. Your bro, Peeve
PS Neeee ner nee ner nee ner....I weigh more than you, so lets see how soon you can catch up with me. But I am a strong male and you're just a silly girl. GO!

Attachments

• IMG_5314.jpg
    IMG_5314.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 26

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh yeah, from that view, she sure did lose weight, huh? She looked fuller in the front view, but that was probably just the pictures.

Is her poop still looking good?

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, little sister, yeah! Way to go sis, you keep eating and get strong for your brother. I prayed for you constantly. I'm so glad your family didn't give up on you. Now get strong and healthy soon. Your bro, Peeve
PS Neeee ner nee ner nee ner....I weigh more than you, so lets see how soon you can catch up with me. But I am a strong male and you're just a silly girl. GO!

How much does he weigh, so we know our goal?? lol

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Was there any diagnosis at all? I'm sorry- these past two weeks have been a blur for me. Did they test for tritrich? It may be possible for her to be the one hit the hardest by it and no one else show symptoms, I would think.

Pbinky

Banned
Soooooo good to see her eating! Has she been eating any meat yet? Gotta fatten the little girl up! Hopefully she will want to get back to an all meat diet soon!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is eating her TOTW dry, no raw yet, as I have not been to the grocery store. I don't know if they tested specifically for tritrich, but they did extensive fecal testing and did see some protozoa in her stool, he said it did not look exactly like giardia, but that the metro was broad spectrum and should take care of it.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Tritrich is a special test that they need to do separately. Metronidazole will NOT touch it. For this, you would need Ronidazole (sp) and it's a pretty harsh drug so they don't usually prescribe it unless you definitely get a positive Trichtrich reading...

PCR - Tritrichomonas foetus

ANYWAYS- keep it in mind just in case things don't continue clearing up. It may be something further to investigate.

Otherwise, I'm sooo glad she's found her appetite and is doing good! It's so scary when cats don't eat- been there, done that, more then I want to admit!

Back