Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

You know you are owned by a Sphynx when.....

kaoticharmony

Banned
You play with your kitties wrinkles
You warm your blankets in the dryer at bedtime
You warm your towels in the dryer at bath time
You accept the fact that you only get the corner of your king sized bed
You make little polar fleece kitty shirts
You buy extra space heaters
You feed your kitty on a blanket so his butt doesn't get cold
You have about 40 little baby blankets and no 2-legged children
Your kitty has more warm clothes than you do
You can identify who each blanket lump is
You own a kitty wipe warmer
You adjust to having a cat on your shoulder when you type
You have a box with a Sphynx size hole cut in sitting over your heater vent

........................................WHAT CAN YOU ADD?

You know you are owned by a sphynx when...

You haven't even met your kitten and it is the first and last thing you think about every day.
You are already strategically placing blankets around the house.
You are considering letting a cat sleep in your bed
You REFUSED to ever have more than two cats but you jumped when it came to the sphynx.

LLevenson

Lairian
You know you are owned by a Sphynx when.....

-no matter your heating bills, you keep your house toasty year-round
-you heat up bottled water to put on his raw food (no tap water for my baby!)
-you have trained yourself that when you hear a scratch on your pillow in the middle of the night, you automatically lift up the covers without waking up
-when you go out of town, you screen all potential pet-sitters to see if they are agreeable to being a substitute warm body for your sphynx (no "just go by and feed my cat" at this house)
- When you do go out of town, you find it next to impossible to fall asleep w/o your sphynx curled next to you
-more people in your neighborhood know about your Sphynx or have stopped by to meet him than any other cat in the 'hood
-You discover you have instantaneous hatred for anyone who calls your baby "ugly" :Angry:
-you meet other goofy/friendly animals and you think "My Sphynx would love to play with you"....(the other day we visited the local goat farm and there was the friendliest goat and I turned to my hubby and said, "I think Arias would love to play with this goat"
- you join websites called SphynxLair :ThumbsUp::LOL: ....and check in at least once a day!!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You know you are owned by a sphynx when:

You spend almost $300 on a carrier that is crash tested, made from ballistic grade luggage material and has a heater with a car cigarette lighter adapter.

You can tell from your baby's meow whether he wants snacks, juice, litter or just a blanket fluff up.

You shop in the human baby department and buy $20 microfibre faux fur blankets even though you dont have a baby....and you have no problem admitting to people you are shopping for your cat in the baby section.

You leave gatherings early because you miss your cat.

You decide which places to go depending on whether your cat is allowed to attend.

You take bubble baths with your kitty.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love this thread! I would have to agree with all.
You know you're owned by a sphynx when:
- you get a stroller so they can go on walks
- you carry them around like a princess because they wanted it
- 90% of the house is arranged to their liking (not my hubbys favorite thing:LOL:)

kaoticharmony

Banned
Okay here's one for you...

You know you are owned by a Sphynx when you find yourself holding your cat's tail so he can clean the tip for 15 minuts.

OMG...the tail!!!
you know you are owned by a Sphynx when you don't leap out of bed when that icy cold tail touches you in the middle of the night.
...I swear Neon puts it in the freezer!

you understand what ear whipping is...
you learn how to direct wrinkle movement
you smile at the tiny bite marks on your new book
you know you are going to go downstairs soon and get your Sphynx some fruit cake

and just a little thing that happened recently... I was working on some art and I look over and there's Venus and OMG is that a snake behind her? I love to laugh at me!

ktate88

Banned
You have a bicycle basket for your naked baby and don't care that your friends laugh at you.
You let your sphynx drink out of your cup of water even though his is sitting right next to it.
You bathe your sphynx first so he gets the hot water, even if it means your shower is cold.
You have four kinds of litter deodorizers and he still clears a room when pooping.

firehillqueen

Banned
When you clean the litters boxes (we have 4 boxes one for each cat ) out three times a day... so they will be clean for the cats.

You buy a heated lap blanket for the living room couch just for THEM.

You spend more money on cat food then you do on your own meat for dinner and still grind up chicken meat for them.

You pick out cute outfits and spend hours taking pictures of them to post on facebook.

kaoticharmony

Banned
You know you are owned by a Sphynx when you can't find him in his stroller.... 3 blankets, feather boa...toys... oh...look an ear!

Your cat gets more mail than you

You have a butt wipe warmer

you don't make your bed because it messes up their caves

You meet WWE Superstar Ivory and have her call your cat.

You fight the crowds to get Julie Newmar's (Cat Woman's ) autograph for him

your cat has his own chair

You still have his first little shirt....it's so tiny!

your parents give up on humans babies and accept their Grandcat

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
...you spend more time and money making "necklaces" for your Sphynx than making jewelry to sell.

...you have a "bedtime routine," where kitty is carried around the house, saying "goodnight" to everyone and helping turn off lights.

...you buy a Brita pitcher. For the cat.

...your husband has been overheard telling his friends you'd rather be married to the cat, and you smile and agree.

...your friends and family call to chat, and their first question is "how is Gabe?"

...the teller at the bank scolds you if you don't bring your Sphynx to visit when doing bank business.

...every washcloth in the house is brown Sphynx-goop stained.

...you can't fall asleep at night until your Sphynx is tucked in, purring beside you.

Ella_B

Lairian
...you leave the shower open after you've used it so that your sphynx can go lap up the puddles.

....you can't walk past a pet store without going in to buy a toy for your 'baby'.

...you share the food off your plate without thinking twice.

...you learn to love fishy kisses.

...you worry about your cat's blackheads.

...you are reluctant to move, even though your leg has fallen asleep and you're dying to pee, just because your sphynx is asleep on your lap.

...you wish your sphynx could answer the phone just so you could call him or her from work to say hi and that you'll be home soon.

...you lovingly wipe eye goop out with your bare fingers, even if it makes your non-sphynx owning friends gag a little.

kaoticharmony

Banned
You know you are owned by a Sphynx when you arrange for your cat to pose for a pic with a really good looking wrestling superstar and nearly forget to get a pic yourself...

You know you are owned by a Sphynx when you accept what yours is your cats and whats his is his too...but he shares...a little...

You know you are owned by your Sphynx when you find yourself giving pictures of your cats to total strangers.

You know you are owned by your Sphynx when it's a warm Summer night and you are sitting outside with him on your patio swing and he's sitting up snoring...

You know you are owned by your Sphynx when you explain to the guy at the sushi counter you need the tuna cut real small... ~he repeatedly told me when he dies he's coming back as one of my cats...lol~

]

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
- When your friends visits and comes out from the bathroom laughing at you for having baby schampoo, cotton swabs, baby wipes and a gazillion q-tips in a single guys home.

- When you are having a blast out partying but still feel a bit bad for not being home.

- When everyone you meet knows you own one and have seen pics of him within 10 minutes.

- When you knowing where that mouth was less than half an hour ago still kiss it.

- When you go out to start the car up 10 minutes before you leave to warm it up for your cat.

kaoticharmony

Banned
Awwwwwwww...what's really cool about this thread is all the love.

I would do about anything to keep my babies happy... although Shiva did want to fly the airplain when we moved up here... he had to settle on sitting in the captain's seat when we landed.

The print that's covered says "he was promissed a part in a Hollywood film and a new look in exchange for hus human's credit card number."

pooner

Banned
:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:
I just don't know what to add to this thread! Everything you all have posted sums up my household!

You know you are owned by a sphynx when your heart is filled with so much joy and love every time you look at or think about your cat (in fact you start to think you might be going crazy because he pretty much is considered human in your household). :Smile:

RoobasMommy

Lairian
You know you are owned by a Sphynx when:

~ He is the picture on your Credit Card :p
~ He is the background picture on your computers (even at work)
~ Your sleeping pattern changes because you know he's at the foot of your bed
~ You run when you hear him cry
~ You tuck him in bed at night, and give him a kiss
~ You make sure he's comfortable before you
~ You carry a blanket around with you, so if he hops on your lap he will be warm

~ You buy your fiance that expensive Carhartt Jacket he's wanted, because he doesn't know your bringing a new Sphynx home today (<-- This is what is happening today, wish me luck :Hysterical:)

Gizzymom

Banned
You know you are owned by a Sphynx when:

~ He is the picture on your Credit Card :p
~ He is the background picture on your computers (even at work)
~ Your sleeping pattern changes because you know he's at the foot of your bed
~ You run when you hear him cry
~ You tuck him in bed at night, and give him a kiss
~ You make sure he's comfortable before you
~ You carry a blanket around with you, so if he hops on your lap he will be warm

~ You buy your fiance that expensive Carhartt Jacket he's wanted, because he doesn't know your bringing a new Sphynx home today (<-- This is what is happening today, wish me luck :Hysterical:)

REALLY??? Did you post this before??? I don;t remember reading that you were getting a new sphynx!!

Back