Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

You Know Your Cat Has a Good/Better Life When...

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
...his personality has changed to the point where he is a mischievous little bugger. He gets that look in his eyes and does the things he KNOWS hes not supposed to do. I caught him tonight with a twist tie and when I went to take it away from him he made me chase him all over the place. LOL

Now you go!

kristininn

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
... you pay an outrageous electric bill every month in order to keep the house at 75 degrees and power the 4 heated beds available to them, all while wearing summer clothes and sleeping under only a sheet because even though it's in the teens outside, your house feels like you live a different hemisphere. :)

Spoiled!!

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You look into storage options for your cat's wardrobe because she's got almost as extensive wardrobe as you do.
You have a travel bag reserved just for her even though it used to be your favorite Ed Hardy tote, it is now the Elvira bag.
She has a stroller, two harnesses, three different leashes, two carriers, a cat condo taller than you are, her own dedicated heating pad and you had to buy yourself a new one because she refuses to give yours up!!! She also has two magic cat houses and shares the third with the furred cat!!!
You may have more photos of her than your kids in your purse!!!
Her face not only graces your checkbook cover but also your checks!!!
You plan trips and events around your cat! You constantly contemplate if she is welcome or if she'll be left at home for x number of minutes. And usually wind up not going just to avoid the entire head ache!!! :LOL::LOL:

Flowergirl

Lairian
Haha Elvira sounds like my James.

You know James is spoiled when he's travelled more than most people- Texas, California, Germany, and Sweden.
James has his own carryon with heated bed, sweaters, cat toys, regular and TSA approved leash, food/water combo bowl, over the door handle scratching board, and poop scoop.
Not including his extra special soft cat carrier that fits under the airplane seat, lined with faux sheepskin, and storing diapery liners, wipes, treats, towels, and of course, his EUROPEAN UNION PET PASSPORT!
You know you're a spoiled little kitty when your mommy and daddy have to book their travel plans to fly on special planes that allow pets in cabin in business class so they can't fly on the planes with the really nice individual pods :(
At home (although currently living in a storage unit) he has a 6 foot tall cat condo. He misses it dearly the spoiled little ****!

You know you're spoiled when your mommy spends hours researching online to educate herself on learning raw food methods and then works hard to prepare them for you even when she's living in hotels!

You know you're spoiled when your newlywed mommy and daddy will let you smoosh yourself in between them in bed at night because you can't bear to not be touching both when you sleep.

And I guess you know you're a spoiled mommy when your new husband puts up with all of this!
haha

Here's a pic of the spoiled little lovely bastard right now:
img0132cj.jpg

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
... you pay an outrageous electric bill every month in order to keep the house at 75 degrees and power the 4 heated beds available to them, all while wearing summer clothes and sleeping under only a sheet because even though it's in the teens outside, your house feels like you live a different hemisphere. :)

Spoiled!!

Right here with you, my gas bill has trippled so that we can keep the gas fireplace running at all time when we are home. Emma gives us that "what are you doing" look when we shut it off at night or when we leave. I try to explain that she has her Pod and heated bed too, but it's not the fireplace :(

Ok...so you know you're spoiled when only bottled water will do in your water bowl.

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Haha Elvira sounds like my James.

You know James is spoiled when he's travelled more than most people- Texas, California, Germany, and Sweden.
James has his own carryon with heated bed, sweaters, cat toys, regular and TSA approved leash, food/water combo bowl, over the door handle scratching board, and poop scoop.
Not including his extra special soft cat carrier that fits under the airplane seat, lined with faux sheepskin, and storing diapery liners, wipes, treats, towels, and of course, his EUROPEAN UNION PET PASSPORT!
You know you're a spoiled little kitty when your mommy and daddy have to book their travel plans to fly on special planes that allow pets in cabin in business class so they can't fly on the planes with the really nice individual pods :(
At home (although currently living in a storage unit) he has a 6 foot tall cat condo. He misses it dearly the spoiled little ****!

You know you're spoiled when your mommy spends hours researching online to educate herself on learning raw food methods and then works hard to prepare them for you even when she's living in hotels!

You know you're spoiled when your newlywed mommy and daddy will let you smoosh yourself in between them in bed at night because you can't bear to not be touching both when you sleep.

And I guess you know you're a spoiled mommy when your new husband puts up with all of this!
haha

Here's a pic of the spoiled little lovely bastard right now:
img0132cj.jpg

I love that James get to travel so much :Smile: I also love that he smooshes between you two at night :LOL: Too cute...and spoiled :ThumbsUp:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
..you've purchased a steel garden cart, an extra large pet crate to fit in that cart, a survivalist back pack (filled w/ your babies' every cat need), a thermal pet pad and especially warm fleece hoodies.... in case there is ever some sort of disaster in our country where you had to leave home on foot... they would go with you.

I could never leave mine behind. Could you?

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
..you've purchased a steel garden cart, an extra large pet crate to fit in that cart, a survivalist back pack (filled w/ your babies' every cat need), a thermal pet pad and especially warm fleece hoodies.... in case there is ever some sort of disaster in our country where you had to leave home on foot... they would go with you.

I could never leave mine behind. Could you?

That is one thing I would never do is leave my babies behind in an emergency. We too have easy access to our kitty supplies in the event of a quick get away!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is one thing I would never do is leave my babies behind in an emergency. We too have easy access to our kitty supplies in the event of a quick get away!

I'm happy to hear that you have done your homework on this matter. Better to prepare for the worse and hope for the best. I commend you.:ThumbsUp:

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm happy to hear that you have done your homework on this matter. Better to prepare for the worse and hope for the best. I commend you.:ThumbsUp:

You too!!!!

On a side note, I just love Boone, too much cuteness in one cat is overload :Adore: Looks like there is a butterfly on his head :Kiss:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You too!!!!

On a side note, I just love Boone, too much cuteness in one cat is overload :Adore: Looks like there is a butterfly on his head :Kiss:

:Laugh:Aww thank you. Yes, my Boone's face just kills me. I can't stop showering him with kisses. The other day, one of my kids asked me something from another room, and my daughter said, 'Hold on.. she's making out with Boone again':LOL:

The butterfly makes an appearance on his head every winter then fades in the warmer months.

Franksmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Then eat better food, have more beds, and more toys then my 3 kids had all together in their life time!!!!!!!

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
:Laugh:Aww thank you. Yes, my Boone's face just kills me. I can't stop showering him with kisses. The other day, one of my kids asked me something from another room, and my daughter said, 'Hold on.. she's making out with Boone again':LOL:

The butterfly makes an appearance on his head every winter then fades in the warmer months.

:LOL: I love the making out with Boone comment :LOL:

I am guilty of the same with Emma, I just can't stop kissing her face :Adore:

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
:LOL: I love the making out with Boone comment :LOL:

I am guilty of the same with Emma, I just can't stop kissing her face :Adore:

Well, its nearly impossible not to kiss them when they're rubbing all over your face incessantly, isn't it?? Thats how Boone shows his affections for me, and I give it right back to him along with a back rub while kissing him. He loves it:Laugh:

Callmemrsbill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You get up from the chair you are sitting in, because Ra wants to sit there...and Ra knows if he gets up on your lap and paws at you, he wants the chair.

You spend money on new blankets because, "Ra might like these".

The cat food bill is higher than your grocery bill.

You sleep in an odd position at night because Ra likes to sleep in that certain spot.

ilovedirt

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
...the price of their weekly food shop is the same as yours because you buy them the food they are excited by, not the one that they are just willing to eat. You also would be eating ramen and quesadillas before you fed them a lesser food. Oh, and if you are eating delicious fish or shellfish, you accept that you will only be eating part of it

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
the Heater always goes up up up and Husband thinks its a Sauna in here ! ( i like it just as warm as the cats ) .

i keep buying more soft blankets and Soft bed for them, even though we have so many and they Use NO bed other then ours ! ( husband scolds at me every time i buy a new one .LOL )

the cats are allowed EVERYTHING in the House , but when company with kids come over i dont let the Kids touch anything in the House Or let them run around ! ( breakable things .. lol , can you tell we have no kids ? )

I am not a kid hater by the way, i always wanted a LOT of kids. Just cant have any and now my Animals are my babies. And I could never leave my Animals behind either! Where i go , they go ! ( other when i go to germany on a visit to Mom and Dad , but then my husband stays home )

ilovedirt

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You go to the store to buy a box just for your Sphynx. Bonus: sometimes there's something inside that you wanted too!

Graddydani

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
...you sit for long periods of time and get pins and needles in your legs and lowers extremities because you don't want to bother your princes from their sleeps. You'll even go hungry a bit longer because they look so comfortable

...you plan on going onto the net to buy something that needs to be replaced but instead find yourself buying MORE stuff for your babies

...wake up early on your day off because they don't function on day off sleep-ins and they reward you by joining in the continuation of said 'sleep-in'

...when going out with them you accessorize your wardrobe with the colour of their bag :LOL:

...you've given up one of your b

Back