Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

You like to write? I want you!

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Hi Everyone!

I've started a monthly newsletter. It will focus more on helpful tips or stories, and less on sales pitches. I've written the first one, but I would LOVE to get some guest authors to write some other articles for it. Not to be lazy, but to get a wider range of opinions and knowledge. I want to run two or three stories per newsletter.

I know December is crazy busy for everyone, so this is sort of advance notice: if anyone is interested, you can think about what you might write and submit it in January or whenever you have time. The topics can be anything about pets, adoption, fostering, breeds, species, the sky is the limit as long as it's interesting, funny or informative. Opinionated pieces are welcome but please go gently to avoid offending people. I'll edit for grammar and punctuation, but you will be credited for your piece. There's no length restriction. Submit stories to Sales@SomethingSpecialPetSupplies.com.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sure I can write the odd tale, depending what you want. :)
Anything in particular you're looking for?
I'm afraid with me it's mostly horses, or the occasional "Tails from Pixie's Crypt" :) (She'd be complaining about the dogs! And the cats! And... yeah.)

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Hi Silke! I'm not looking for anything in particular other than articles that might interest people, are funny or informative. If you want to see what I've done so far, you can read the last three blog articles in my shop. Those were in the first newsletter that I just sent out. If you want to write about horses, I think that's fine even though I don't sell any horse products. Part of my focus (from my background in animal rescue) is animal welfare, so if you want to write about how to take proper care or horses, rescuing retired race horses, or anything along those lines, that would work too. Try to avoid graphic descriptions of abuse, though, because that offends many good people who would otherwise be interested in the story.

Does this help?

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
We have our first story from a guest blogger online. It's from our very own Silke and is a funny and heartwarming story of her Sphynx. It's online now on my shop blog page and I'll include it in my newsletter in a couple weeks. Thank you Silke, very much! Anyone else who would like to write something, you're very welcome to. I like having a sort of community vibe in my blog.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@SumpinSpecial very curious to the first sphynxtale of our own @Silke! Going to read it. My English is not good enough to write stories/blogs so hope others chime in. Cause I love reading stories about sphynxes.

Natasja

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
It's a very sweet story! Also, going to add Pixie to my shop home page some time today. I love my bridge angel Ajax, but it's time to refresh the page. :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
More Pixie stories!!! And Pixie on the home page. Woohoo! Pixie's getting famous.

Pixie, Can we please get a paw signature of you? Jade

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Hi all, I posted another Pixie story just today! ... I was about to post the link but decided... heck, you all should just go to my landing page first anyway and then click on Blog because you'll see our lovely little Pixie featured right there front and center on the landing page! Silke, thank you for the stories and also letting me feature Pixie as "Something Special" with her little princess blurb. I just LOVE her, and you!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@SumpinSpecial and @Silke yeah a new Pixie story. Went to the site to read it but can only find tge first story, not the second. Can you please tell me where I can find it?
I want to read about Pixie nooooooooooow:)

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Hmm, it's the one about Pixie liking to explore the outdoors in the snow. You can't see it? The first one should be way further down the list and harder to find.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
It's the first one (about owned by a cat...no by a sohynx) that I can find right away. I scrolled all the way down but no Pixie in the snow @SumpinSpecial