Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

You must have ! Say ghings

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hi there ,
Some of you must have been in this position I find my self in !
I went on a local site that people can buy and sell anything one section is animals
I found the cat of my dreams. , I could not believe my luck at the price the advert had been on 9hours and this was around 1or2am I emailed the lady twice ah ha
Kept phoning my eldest daughter and Sarah was like mums it’s yours stop panicking !
Did I sleep did I neck all night I was sat looking at this stunning kitty kat thinking well my email must be close to the first reply morning arrived again I phoned my daughter Sarah asking what would be the appropriate time to call !
I called twice from 9:30am Phone wasn’t switched one I was like a lunatic the next time I phoned it rang but went to voice mail
So I thought well ok send a txt and leave it what will be will be ( I felt so brave )
My phone went ping about an hour or so later was an email to say a lady had got there before me she must have slept on their door step !!!
Then the lady went on to say if the lady didn’t want ( what I thought was mine ah )
She would contact me
Yep correct she never contacted me
I really feel totally gutted , I really thought that kitty Kat was mine
So as I said if I was a betting person , I would bet quite a few of you have been in this position and it feels horrible ...
this was the first sphynx in my own area , yeah there are sphynx in Yorkshire and Scotland those far out places , and all over counties of London ,
We got our Cleo from a place called stoke on Trent , which isn’t like too far , but far enough seeing as I am unable to drive myself , and need to reply on my daughter as hubby works long hours ...
I’ve actually cried over this but they don’t get it ! Say things like mum it’s just a cat mum there are plenty enough out there ( yeah 4,,,5,,,6 hours or more drive away ..
and my hubby who adores Cleo said how can you be so upset over something you’ve not even seen in person ....
I know I know is all I answer yes I’m unhappy because he ended up not being my baby .. but I am upset because I let myself get so disappointed
It like your mum saying to you come on we will go the sweet shop and you can choose whatever you want !! But as you arrive the lady had locked the door and was putting the blinds Down , then mum says it’s ok there is always tomorrow. ERRRRRRRRR NO EXCUSE ME I WANTED THEM SWEETS RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW !!!
( spoilt brat mode )
Then I thought my self to be selfish !! Because somebody else got their dream baby and I couldn’t or wouldn’t not want them to have that dream !
So it’s my little angel on my right shoulder that ended up winning over the little ninja mouse on my left
Sorry to waffle on but I know whoever reads this thread will under stand my mixed emotions .. my sadness and then joy because somebody got dream baby
Again sorry for waffling on
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Anno love and I know I was being silly
When I was a kid my gran said it’s wrong to say “” why me ! “” because in effect your saying you wish it was somebody else and that’s not nice ....
I have
given my head a wobble , I am still a little sad but happy cause he will have a new mum xxx

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You are not being silly. Try not to be so hard on yourself! Disappointments can sure be hard sometimes. I remember being outbid on a bracelet on eBay and crying! We are just emotional beings.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 we do get very emotional a lady thinks with her heart and a man with his head lol
@CuryC oh yes I would defo say so once you pop you just can’t stop ah ha
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi @CuryC our youngest daughter brought home every stray she could find didn’t matter what it was ! She wanted to save every animal on the planet ah ha and now she is grown ?? Yep she is still the same ah
She loves reptiles hence we had 5 snakes at one time , we had a geko , camilion teripins chinchillas since she was about 5 now she has the snakes two dogs she wants a micro pig ( ohhhh I’m moving out of here lol )
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

CuryC

Lairian
Hi @CuryC our youngest daughter brought home every stray she could find didn’t matter what it was ! She wanted to save every animal on the planet ah ha and now she is grown ?? Yep she is still the same ah
She loves reptiles hence we had 5 snakes at one time , we had a geko , camilion teripins chinchillas since she was about 5 now she has the snakes two dogs she wants a micro pig ( ohhhh I’m moving out of here lol )
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️
I used to have a leopard gecko...and I wanted a chameleon for a long time. I think their little hands are so cute! But, I don't have the space for so many tanks, and when my little gecko passed on, I gave up on getting another for a long time.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@CuryC it doesn’t matter what the pet is when you love an animal it’s unconditionally given , and we become responsible for that animal full care . This is how the love grows between us
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back